[Misleading Title] Antonio W. Harkens FredEX

1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

This is exactly what I was thinking of when I was watching the game. That result really sucked. Much better feeling on this side of the equation 😂

Both undrafted free agents out of the University of North Carolina too -- strange coincidence.

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I went back and watched his highlights from his college days.  He's a downhill runner with some shiftiness.  Sort of a Moss clone, but maybe a tad bit quicker.  Not sure why he didn't see more touches in college, but good players get buried for all sorts of reasons.  He's definitely someone to watch heading into camp this summer.

3 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

Bro, Cmon.. Do we not know what the W. Stands for? Do we know what the word harkens means? I thought WNY schools were supposed to be superior... 

Bro, you misspelled the word "hearkens".  I highly recommend running spell check before joking about others' intelligence.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

As long as we're critiquing, what's with the spastic keyboard?  

it’s a lowbrow meme. He’s basically saying it’s dumb thing to say. 

The self-ownage by the OP is strong in this thread. Between this, his hilariously misspelled and mis-capitalized topic title, and calling other people dummies, he outdid himself. 👌 @DeltaDigital

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Magox said:

Once he planted his food the acceleration to score was pretty impressive.  He just seemed to have a lot of pop to his runs yesterday.

Good for Williams but what current NFL RB wouldn't score a TD on that play?  

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Typically, the word "harkens" is followed by the phrase "back to".  The title "Antonio Williams Performance Harkens Back to FredEX" would have made more sense.  That said, comparing Williams to FredEx is just a bit premature.  

i thought this thread was about some guy named Antonio Harkens.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Magox said:

Once he planted his food the acceleration to score was pretty impressive.  He just seemed to have a lot of pop to his runs yesterday.

2nd level blocking by the Guards is the most impressive part of that play.  

I think it is actually “hearkens back”— like you need the “back” In there.

also, I think the mass confusion has been caused by the combination of an antiquated word like “hearkens” (misspelled), right next to colloquial abbreviations, like “W.” and “fredEX.” 

But other than that, I love A Dubs. Reminds Me of the young preseason star, Lionel Gates. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate

Moss averages 4.3 YPC and Singletary 4.4 YPC.  What are you talking about?

Let's all take a deep breath and repeat after me: "The Bills only run the ball when needed."  

How quickly we forget how they ran over 7 minutes off the clock on Pittsburgh to end the game and how they went on a long drive against Denver late in the 4th by running the ball as well. When they want to run the ball, they can do it and do it effectively.  When the game is still in the balance, they mostly just don't want to. And can you blame them?? Why would you want 4 or 5 yards when Allen can get you 15 or 20? It would be idiotic for them to do otherwise.

Moss and Singletary do a good enough job at that and they might be 2 of the best backs in the NFL in pass pro, which is what they are REALLY used for most of the time.  

You fail to understand what the offense is trying to accomplish.  We don't give a crap if a guy can come in and run for 4.6 YPC but has no ability to pass protect...he is useless in this offense. The Bills want to put the ball in Allen's hands most of the game. Looks like a pretty smart decision so far.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

In all seriousness, after watching the game again, am I missing something or does Antonio Williams pretty clearly cut harder, run faster, and hit more fiercely than Zack Moss?

He was very impressive.  I'd need to see him playing against guys who weren't already in the process of being humiliated though.  Moss has looked better and better as the season's progressed.  This just isn't an offense that will ever ask a single RB to run the ball more than 200 times in a season.