[Misleading Title] Antonio W. Harkens FredEX

1. Buffalo is the hottest team in the league. 

2. People with something to prove, who possess talent, usually prove what they want to prove.

3. Never underestimate a Man and his desire to succeed. 

4. Fred = UDFA : Antonio = UDFA

5. Comfort and entitlement breeds laziness

6. Our 3rd round draft picks are too comfy. 

7. Antonio Williams has earned the right to battle for the #2 spot. 

Versus the "NuMbEr 1 DeFenSe" in the nfl, with backups on the O line, Williams really impressed. He was punishing dolphins out there... 

His desire to be great, his desire to prove his talents, to me, harkened Fred Jackson all day long... 

Sometimes all these guys need is a shot. See: Eckler, Austin. 

My hot take is we've whiffed on Moss (and to an extent Singletary). The remedy is all on Mosses shoulders... either he gets hungry fast, or he gets humbled. 

That's my take. Flame away. 

• Like (+1) 1

Harkens as in " is similar to" I think

IMO Singletary and Moss are too much alike. Williams looked like a breath of fresh air and he looked very good. The coaches know about his blocking ability and ball security. If he has that down he may just get a shot. One of the coaches on the sideline was having a cow telling everybody "I told you so......"

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 1

A little bit reminiscent of Willie Parker running wild against the Bills in the season closer in 2004 -- perhaps a preview of things to come.

That said, not down on Singletary or Moss at all -- if he has any special teams ability it wouldn't be a surprise at all to see him on the 53 next year.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

Bro, Cmon.. Do we not know what the W. Stands for? Do we know what the word harkens means? I thought WNY schools were supposed to be superior... 

You capitalized "Harkens". That is what is throwing us off.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

2. People with something to prove, who possess talent, usually prove what they want to prove.

Versus the "NuMbEr 1 DeFenSe" in the nfl, with backups on the O line, Williams really impressed. He was punishing dolphins out there... 

His desire to be great, his desire to prove his talents, to me, harkened Fred Jackson all day long... 

My hot take is we've whiffed on Moss (and to an extent Singletary). The remedy is all on Mosses shoulders... either he gets hungry fast, or he gets humbled. 

Antonio Williams is more like a very poor man's version of Karlos Williams.

Straight ahead runner only.......no wiggle to his game........not very athletic.........opposite of an Austin Eckler who can beat you with the run or the pass.

I mentioned in another thread that some fans were giddy about the future of Darick Holmes and Tim Tindale after the 1995 Dolphins playoff blowout.........you can't put much stock into what happens during broken football time.

If so then Dean Marlowe would be getting a 5 year $50M+ contract this offseason.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

Bro, Cmon.. Do we not know what the W. Stands for? Do we know what the word harkens means? I thought WNY schools were supposed to be superior... 

Dude, the problem is that you capitalized Harkens. You wrote it as a name.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Dude, the problem is that you capitalized Harkens. You wrote it as a name.

Antonio W. harkens FredEx (clear)

Antonio W. Harkens FredEx (huh?)

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

A little bit reminiscent of Willie Parker running wild against the Bills in the season closer in 2004 -- perhaps a preview of things to come.

That said, not down on Singletary or Moss at all -- if he has any special teams ability it wouldn't be a surprise at all to see him on the 53 next year.

This is exactly what I was thinking of when I was watching the game. That result really sucked. Much better feeling on this side of the equation 😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DeltaDigital said:

image.png.689fc35744aa23c9405f378778e4dba4.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2