Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I'm a little worried about Hines on screens/swing passes, but having a healthy Milano helps me sleep. But we need edmunds to have a game, shed blocks and no arm tackles on taylor.

front 7 needs to have the best game of their season this weekend. 

This was a magical regular season, gentlemen.

13-3 record.

Sweep division.

2nd seed in AFC.

This is rarefied air. Been a long time. Last time we were here, it was 1991.

1991. 30 years ago. Whenever we get THIS good, we made it to the AFC title game. Every time.

The playoffs started for us against the Miami Dolphins last Sunday. We made them bend over didn't we? Dolphins defense is ok, too. That was a great litmus test for us. Those Dolphins were fighting for their playoff lives and we demolished them. Even with our 2nd stringers.

- Josh Allen is a Top 3 NFL QB and a league MVP candidate. That's super. As much as I love Jim Kelly, I never considered him a Top 3 NFL QB.

- Stefon Diggs is a Top 3 NFL Wide Receiver. Andre Reed and Eric Moulds were awesome, but they didn't put up freakish stats like Diggs.

- Tre'Davious White is a Top 10 NFL Cornerback.

- Jordan Poyer proved that he can snuff out m'fers leading the team in solo tackles.

- This is, perhaps, Josh Norman's and Jerry Hughes' last chance to get to the Super Bowl since both of them are 32+ years old.

- The O-line is great. The best I've seen since the early 1990s Bills.

I give us an 85% chance of beating the Colts this Wild Card Weekend. Because we showed our strength this season and we have homefield. That cold will affect the Colts.

Colts defense, when it's clicking, is perhaps the 2nd best defense this season. I should know because I had Colts Defense for my fantasy team. It's a great test for us.

The new generation of Bills is here.

My message to Colts' fans:

giphy.gif

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/4/2021 at 2:12 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

By that same token, we also have the least amount of time to prepare. 

True, but the Colts played later than us this past Sunday with all their starters and now have to factor in the trip to Buffalo. I think the slightly shorter week favors us especially since we rested guys last week. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

True, but the Colts played later than us this past Sunday with all their starters and now have to factor in the trip to Buffalo. I think the slightly shorter week favors us especially since we rested guys last week. 

that long flight from Indy to Buffalo is a killer. I don't see how the Colts will be ready to play. 

• Haha (+1) 5

59 minutes ago, nucci said:

that long flight from Indy to Buffalo is a killer. I don't see how the Colts will be ready to play. 

What it does do is eat ~six hours out of your Friday on a short week already. And six hours is being generous. 2 hours preparing to leave, 2 hours in the air and 2 hours getting to hotel and settling in. They lose those six hours on a very short week that Buffalo gets to use productively. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mannc said:

I know it’s a week-to-week league, but the Doug Marrone-led Jags notched their only win of the season against the Colts.  This is not a juggernaut we’re facing on Saturday.

To be fair it was week 1, and division games are just weird. Usually  close. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

At least we are at home.

We would be tremendously disadvantaged if we had to adjust from Orchard Park's 600' msl elevation to Indianapolis' 732'.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wjag said:

What it does do is eat ~six hours out of your Friday on a short week already. And six hours is being generous. 2 hours preparing to leave, 2 hours in the air and 2 hours getting to hotel and settling in. They lose those six hours on a very short week that Buffalo gets to use productively. 

Come on...do you really think that matters?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do think it does, especially when you are preparing to play a team for the first time. 

ok but I think it's ridiculous. The Bills flew all the way to Arizona and played the 49ers. Do you think it affected their play in a negative way....were they less prepared because they had to go to the airport, fly for 5 hours and get settled in a hotel? This is part of the routine for these guys

Edited by nucci

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

ok but I think it's ridiculous. The Bills flew all the way to Arizona and played the 49ers. Do you think it affected their play in a negative way....were they less prepared because they had to go to the airport, fly for 5 hours and get settled in a hotel? This is part of the routine for these guys

I look at it more from the coaching and game planning, practice perspective. Every minute counts. Eberfluss has never prepared for this offense. OTOH, rivers has prepared for this defense and McD has prepared for rivers in a different offense. Maybe it won’t make a difference in the outcome here.  but it is more difficult to prepare for a team from scratch than say, the browns for the Steelers for the third time this year. The Bills have the same challenge, but no travel. Every advantage, no matter how small, matters in the playoffs. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Colts fans are... less than optimistic: 

https://forums.colts.com/topic/69375-colts-bills-predictions/

I hate that most everyone thinks we’re going to win. 

Well you can't exactly take what they say too seriously since one of their posters said "Allen isn't ready for Prime Time"

He must have not watch the last month of football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1