Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Rivers and quick throws has been the type of QB and offense that seems to beat the bills defense

It is?  You just described the Miami/Pittsburgh/Denver offenses to a T.

My fear is probably the same as most Bills fans and that is that the Indy running game get going and we get gashed like we did against KC.  But without having to worry about a deep strike passing attack and with a much improved run defense in the 2nd half of the season we should be okay Saturday.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Rivers and quick throws has been the type of QB and offense that seems to beat the bills defense

Why don’t I remember this. Been so long since they got beat. Arizona? KC? TN? Very different QBs, all mobile.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Really want to see a better showing from McD and his defense this time

Last year vs the Texans the defense completely fell apart 

I guess if you're looking for reasons to be pessimistic about the upcoming game looking back at last years Houston playoff loss is a good place to start. 

But what I see are some very big differences between this year and last year including:

*  The Huston offense was a much more explosive & dynamic offense then the current Indy O.

*  This game will be in Buffalo not on the road as it was against the Texans.

*  This Bills offense is much better then it was last year.  If we hold Indy to 22 points I suspect we win this game by two scores.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It is?  You just described the Miami/Pittsburgh/Denver offenses to a T.

My fear is probably the same as most Bills fans and that is that the Indy running game get going and we get gashed like we did against KC.  But without having to worry about a deep strike passing attack and with a much improved run defense in the 2nd half of the season we should be okay Saturday.

I think the Colts will be most like Pittsburg because the QBs aren't very mobile.  With Miami and Denver, and even the Titans, their QBs could run when they needed to (and did).  Bills knew Big Ben wasn't going to take off and didn't have to defend that.  I think we've got the same thing with Rivers.  We defend the run from the RBs and River's short passes, I think we'll be OK.  He can try to go deep but that is when his accuracy decreases.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I think the Colts will be most like Pittsburg because the QBs aren't very mobile.  With Miami and Denver, and even the Titans, their QBs could run when they needed to (and did).  Bills knew Big Ben wasn't going to take off and didn't have to defend that.  I think we've got the same thing with Rivers.  We defend the run from the RBs and River's short passes, I think we'll be OK.  He can try to go deep but that is when his accuracy decreases.

I miss Luck and his running ability a lot :(

• Like (+1) 1

Pray for me, for the worst has happened........

We are a divided household on Sunday. Yes, the wife is a Colts fan. We've been together since the Colts played its last season in the AFC East, and this has never happened before.

I'm THRILLED we drew the Colts but I can't say a DAMN WORD about it... I have to go around the house pretending like I'm meh about the matchup.

Damn you, Steelers! We could have drawn the Browns LOL

• Haha (+1) 8

Heard a new term today. Arm arrogance.  Describing Allen and his belief he can make any throw anywhere on the field.  He had two incredible TDs this week. The no look to Mckenzie where he stared down the safety and froze him. If you haven’t seen it, watch again from the endzone look behind Josh.  The safety watching the ball sail to his left was priceless. It was incredible. The second was the beautiful stripe to John Brown. Oh my god was that pretty. 

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We are a divided household on Sunday. Yes, the wife is a Colts fan. We've been together since the Colts played its last season in the AFC East, and this has never happened before.

I'm THRILLED we drew the Colts but I can't say a DAMN WORD about it... I have to go around the house pretending like I'm meh about the matchup.

You play your cards right, she'll prepare you a nice dinner followed by a nice back rub...

Give her the points.

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You play your cards right, she'll prepare you a nice dinner followed by a nice back rub...

Give her the points.

If Ohio State wins the natty, then all is perfect HOWEVER that's 2 1/2 days AFTER the end of the game.

I am not good at hiding my happiness LMAO It's EXTREMELY tough!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TylerD said:

Absolutely!! It is great to see you guys play so well...... The division belongs to Buffalo for the foreseeable future in my opinion. 

Colts are going on 6 years now not winning the division lol, but happy they are in the playoffs regardless... Might be a fast exit but at least they made it.

Well look at the bright side..... If the Colts get blown out and have a fast exit, I always have my Edmonton Oilers to disappoint me.

:(

You are fan of Oilers with Frank Reich as Head Coach?  🤣

I am a big Frank Reich fan (never cheered him to start over Jimbo) but the Houston Oilers was team Reich lead NFL's most famous comeback in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

If Ohio State wins the natty, then all is perfect HOWEVER that's 2 1/2 days AFTER the end of the game.

I am not good at hiding my happiness LMAO It's EXTREMELY tough!

Have you done the “if I can only have one, between Buckeyes/bills, which would it be” in your mind yet? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So, while you're going around the house all meh is she going around the house in her Peyton Manning jersey, sticking Phat Heads of Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison on the walls, and talking smack?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Have you done the “if I can only have one, between Buckeyes/bills, which would it be” in your mind yet? 

So here is the record:

Her teams:

Colts 2008

Buckeyes 2014* *my team as well

Cavaliers 2015-16

My teams:

NADA

My Sabres have hit the skids... my Knicks have gone to the Dolan Circle of Hell... my Pirates have gone to the Nutting Circle of Hell...

So I want BOTH... I'm a greedy SOB at this point!!!!!!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Nah, I just have the worst luck, around. Nothing but the football Gods doing what they have done to me for years. The Bills are finally good, and I can't see the game. That's what I'm complaining about: the bad luck.

hopefully you won't have to work for the Bills next 3 playoff games.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So, while you're going around the house all meh is she going around the house in her Peyton Manning jersey, sticking Phat Heads of Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison on the walls, and talking smack?

No, she is pointing out that "You guys don't want to play US, Taylor will run all OVER you guys and our defense is the best in the league!" You don't want us is the mantra...

I told HER nobody is scared of the Colts passing game and Josh Allen can more than handle the Colts D who struggled against the Stillers of all teams!

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Edmunds needs to play well.  Indy has a good line and can run the ball plus Rivers will for sure be targeting all the underneath stuff.  

Agree, needs to be a strong game from Edmunds/Milano/Klein to stop the run and force Rivers to beat us vertically in the passing game. 

I thought Edmunds possibly played the most physical game of his career on Sunday. He does a lot of things well, but I wouldn't say he's typically a feared hitter. However, he was laying the wood on Miami's RBs/WRs and it was great to see. Hopefully that means the shoulder is back to 100%.

10 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So here is the record:

Her teams:

Colts 2008

Buckeyes 2014* *my team as well

Cavaliers 2015-16

My teams:

NADA

My Sabres have hit the skids... my Knicks have gone to the Dolan Circle of Hell... my Pirates have gone to the Nutting Circle of Hell...

So I want BOTH... I'm a greedy SOB at this point!!!!!!

Knicks and Pirates? Being a Bills fan has been a day at the beach in comparison. 

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Until they started jumping those short/quick routes in the PIT game. 

I think the Colts need to take an early lead, run the ball, and hope for some mistakes or turnovers by BUF to have a realistic chance in this one.