Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well you can't exactly take what they say too seriously since one of their posters said "Allen isn't ready for Prime Time"

He must have not watch the last month of football.

But then another guy said “Josh Allen and Andrew Luck are the same person.  Unfortunately only one of them is playing Saturday.”

That one cracked me up.  :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I look at it more from the coaching and game planning, practice perspective. Every minute counts. Eberfluss has never prepared for this offense. OTOH, rivers has prepared for this defense and McD has prepared for rivers in a different offense..

On an NFL charter, the coaching staff continues to plan and meet during the flight.

They carry briefing books and go over them from start to finish.

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

On an NFL charter, the coaching staff continues to plan and meet during the flight.

They carry briefing books and go over them from start to finish.

Of course they do, but they are stuck with a walk through and traveling on Friday vs a full practice of that game plan. Again, this may be a small disadvantage or make no difference but it definitely doesn’t help them 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

To be fair it was week 1, and division games are just weird. Usually  close. 

Agreed, but in a must-win game only two days ago, the Colts couldn’t put away the Jags and Mike Glennon.  

2 hours ago, wjag said:

What it does do is eat ~six hours out of your Friday on a short week already. And six hours is being generous. 2 hours preparing to leave, 2 hours in the air and 2 hours getting to hotel and settling in. They lose those six hours on a very short week that Buffalo gets to use productively. 

Where do you come up with 2 hours for everything.  2 hours from the buffalo airport is to Rochester and back. Where do you think their hotel is?  2 hours preparing to leave? They back an overnight back and arrive at the airport ready to take a charter. They don't sit at the airport for an hour before the flight. Come on.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Where do you come up with 2 hours for everything.  2 hours from the buffalo airport is to Rochester and back. Where do you think their hotel is?  2 hours preparing to leave? They back an overnight back and arrive at the airport ready to take a charter. They don't sit at the airport for an hour before the flight. Come on.

I fly for a living.  There are delays everywhere.  Packing, leaving for airport, waiting to take off, flight time, luggage off loading, transit to/from airport, team requirements for being at a place at a time before departure, checking in, it really does add up.  And these guys have a lot of luxuries avoiding TSA and check-in.  It still adds up.

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

I fly for a living.  There are delays everywhere.  Packing, leaving for airport, waiting to take off, flight time, luggage off loading, transit to/from airport, team requirements for being at a place at a time before departure, checking in, it really does add up.  And these guys have a lot of luxuries avoiding TSA and check-in.  It still adds up.

I can't imagine a charter flight having the same issues as a commercial flight.  The team has travel people getting the plane loaded with luggage, I imaging that is not done within an hour of the flight but long before. The get off the plane on a bus immediately and go to the hotel. This is the NFL, I'm sure they do their best to avoid this issues a common traveler has. 

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

Checking in for a charter flight? Do they get boarding passes too and have their carry on checked at the gate ? Packing....they are going to Buffalo on Friday afternoon and returning Saturday night.....what are they packing? Come on, you're reaching here

10 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Colts fans are... less than optimistic: 

https://forums.colts.com/topic/69375-colts-bills-predictions/

I hate that most everyone thinks we’re going to win. 

Frank Reich worries me...

If Rivers plays like the way that got him booted from the Chargers he will lose this game for them...Mr Interception. 

The Colts have a strong defense and run game. All they need from Rivers is game management. Then again, if they get behind in points it could be Rivers being Rivers...

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Well you can't exactly take what they say too seriously since one of their posters said "Allen isn't ready for Prime Time"

He must have not watch the last month of football.

Allen could legally change his name to Prime Time and I don't think anyone could argue with it now. 

51 minutes ago, wjag said:

I did a number of sports charters.

They are nothing like what you describe.

They show up usually at an off terminal ramp.

The airplane is ready and their air cargo is already aboard.

They get on in about fifteen mins max, and are on their way.

There are rarely any delays to takeoff, since they are off hub schedules.

Certainly not any delays in Indy or Buffalo.

They offload at another off terminal site.

The busses are warmed up and waiting and the hotel is not far away.

Same on the way home.

• Thank you (+1) 1