Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Rivers and quick throws has been the type of QB and offense that seems to beat the bills defense

That is pretty much the Colts game right now.... Run and pound, and dink and dunk. Rivers isn't great at throwing the deep ball.... He can still do it don't get me wrong but it's just ugly when he does lol.

40 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Howdy folks, first time poster here. I just wanted to say good luck this weekend, and I respect the hell out of what Buffalo was able to do this season! As a Colts fan (have been since 2004) I am not quite sure what to expect this weekend..... Hopefully we can at least make this game competitive and not get blown out lol. If the Colts aren't able to get the W this weekend, I will be rooting for Buffalo to go all the way this year!

I will be around and hope to chat with some of you folks.... I am definitely not a troll, or someone that likes to fight... Though I do enjoy a good debate.... For example should Rivers start wearing a condom? My vote is yes lol. Anyway, cool board you guys have over here.

Take care.

I was openly rooting for this matchup. Good luck. I wanted Balt-Tenn-KC to eliminate two of the competitors I didn’t want in round 1. Seeing Indy “struggle a bit” with the Jags while watching Balt and Tenn scoring big points reinforced it. You have hit a team playing as well as any team in Buffalo history.  They’re healthy, hungry, honing and still humble.   As a life long Bills fan I now expect them to play well. What a great feeling after wandering  the NFL netherworlds for decades. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, wjag said:

I was openly rooting for this matchup. Good luck. I wanted Balt-Tenn-KC to eliminate two of the competitors I didn’t want in round 1. Seeing Indy “struggle a bit” with the Jags while watching Balt and Tenn scoring big points reinforced it. You have hit a team playing as well as any team in Buffalo history.  They’re healthy, hungry, honing and still humble.   As a life long Bills fan I now expect them to play well. What a great feeling after wandering  the NFL netherworlds for decades. 

Absolutely!! It is great to see you guys play so well...... The division belongs to Buffalo for the foreseeable future in my opinion. 

Colts are going on 6 years now not winning the division lol, but happy they are in the playoffs regardless... Might be a fast exit but at least they made it.

Well look at the bright side..... If the Colts get blown out and have a fast exit, I always have my Edmonton Oilers to disappoint me.

:(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

He’ll need to put up 40+ pts this week. Not sure he can especially if it’s ‘chilly’.

A Carolina native who’s spent his career in SD & now a dome it doesn’t look real great IMO.

Frazier will sell out on run.

Along with intermediate over the middle.

I suspect they may challenge Rivers to try to beat them with the long outside balls.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Absolutely!! It is great to see you guys play so well...... The division belongs to Buffalo for the foreseeable future in my opinion. 

Colts are going on 6 years now not winning the division lol, but happy they are in the playoffs regardless... Might be a fast exit but at least they made it.

Well look at the bright side..... If the Colts get blown out and have a fast exit, I always have my Edmonton Oilers to disappoint me.

:(

Your professional demeanor is what helps make sports fun - we can both love our teams without trying to start a brawl with the opponents fans.  Indy is a cool area - we had a blast attending the Indianapolis 500 - restaurants are great.  Was happy for Reich when he got the Coach's nod over the patriots coach that bailed - "just" 28 years ago  I was in the crowd at The Comeback game and later met F R at a charity golf tournament - and he was genuinely as nice as he always seemed...

• Like (+1) 2

On O you have to think the Colts will opt for ball control. Rivers is still a good game manager capable of executing a short passing game and they have a legit franchise back running behind a good line even without Costanzo. Thing is thats not necessarily the way to score lots of points. That strategy is therefore based on keeping the ball out of Allen’s hands.

On D the Colts have a DL thats good against the run but they play a soft zone that Allen & Co should be able to shred.  Unless they are able to seriously pressure Allen they will give up lots of points, and blitzing Allen always runs the risk of disastrous outcomes for any defence. 

So they certainly have their work cut out for them.

Colts are a solid team on both sides of the ball but at the end of the day I see Bills as prohibitive favourites.

8 hours ago, klos63 said:

So you would have thought the 4pm game was also unfair, since you had to work for that one too?  I get it, I wouldn't have been able to watch a Sat night game. But it's not like they were out to get you.

Nah, I just have the worst luck, around. Nothing but the football Gods doing what they have done to me for years. The Bills are finally good, and I can't see the game. That's what I'm complaining about: the bad luck.