Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, nucci said:

Come on...do you really think that matters?

All these little things add up to "Home Field Advantage".

The only loss at home this year was to the Super Bowl Champions.

You can bet the entire Bills organization is happy the Colts are traveling to Buffalo and not the other way around!

#6700strong

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

You can bet the entire Bills organization is happy the Colts are traveling to Buffalo and not the other way around!

#6700strong

Yea honestly im kind of surprised to see posters here that I know to be knowledgeable and reasonable guys who are essentially arguing "travel doesn't matter". 

Its not just the time that goes into travel or "jet lag". Its break of your environment. Travel time being minimal, there is still a loss of structure or routine. Your in a hotel, not in your house with your family and your things. You aren't in your bed, you might not sleep as well. This year you are sitting in your room and watching TV, snoozing. You get up and eat hotel breakfast in the ballroom, separated from your teammates by tables or glass dividers. You either go back to your room and nap depending on game time, or you hop on the bus to go the stadium at a different time than you personally might if it was at home (guys show up to stadiums at home at different times, usually on the road you get two offerings). 

Nothing here is guaranteeing you play bad or lose, but its all added "differences" from your normal daily routine, and in a game of inches, ANY coach in the world would choose to play at home and minimize the "differences". 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I think most of us would acknowledge that the only question in this match-up, is are the Bills (Josh Allen, most importantly) ready to win in the Playoffs.  

The Colts are a good, well coached, disciplined football team, but we are better.  This isn't about the Colts... It's about us, coming out and playing like we're capable of.  

We either win, or lose, but I don't think the Colts can beat us.  This game is a referendum on the coaches, team and QB being ready to make that jump.  If they are, we're legitimate Super Bowl Contenders.

I hope there’s none of that talk , this should be just like another game no need additional pressure just keep on rolling and DESTROYING EVERYBODY WHOS IN THE WAY !!! 
GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Yea honestly im kind of surprised to see posters here that I know to be knowledgeable and reasonable guys who are essentially arguing "travel doesn't matter". 

Its not just the time that goes into travel or "jet lag". Its break of your environment. Travel time being minimal, there is still a loss of structure or routine. Your in a hotel, not in your house with your family and your things. You aren't in your bed, you might not sleep as well. This year you are sitting in your room and watching TV, snoozing. You get up and eat hotel breakfast in the ballroom, separated from your teammates by tables or glass dividers. You either go back to your room and nap depending on game time, or you hop on the bus to go the stadium at a different time than you personally might if it was at home (guys show up to stadiums at home at different times, usually on the road you get two offerings). 

Nothing here is guaranteeing you play bad or lose, but its all added "differences" from your normal daily routine, and in a game of inches, ANY coach in the world would choose to play at home and minimize the "differences". 

It can easily be quantitated by Vegas giving home team points.

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why do you think it is that they struggle in the 2nd half? Halftime  adjustments from the opponent? 

Honestly, I am not too sure..... Coaches get conservative it seems and have a tough time adjusting..... If the run game gets shut down as well, Rivers seems to be struggling with putting the team on his back (he is getting old and doesn't have the ability anymore) Also wish sometimes Reich would light a bit of a fire under the team... For example against the Steelers, the Steelers had all the momentum and were scoring at will, while the Colts kept punting.... It seemed Reich just kind of sat there and made zero adjustments. I would like to see a gathering on the side line under the lines of *Get your sh*t together!!!!!* If everything is going great for this team, the run game is going good, the defense is playing good then they have a good chance of winning.... If not, Rivers just isn't capable of putting the team on his back like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck used to do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

#6700strong

I'm not saying there aren't advantages....just not as big as some are saying... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Best comment by allen about the offensive line

"they seem to be playing better after they got their golf clubs" 

I think that he is insinuating that they are not looking forward to using their gifts. The better they play, the longer their wait to use those gifts is.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TylerD said:

Further more to my post, Colts only one time this year have been down more than 7 points through 3 quarters (that was the horrible game against the Titans) The exact state for the Colts (AFTER 3 QUARTERS) in ten games this season they have had a lead, 1 game they were tied, and 4 games they were down 7 or less.... Colts will keep this relatively close in my opinion for 2 or even 3 quarters.... But it's the 4th quarter where they have the most trouble and likely will lose the game.... Then again, they may very well lose it after the 1st quarter if they have a half ass performance, and the Bills show up like they have the last few weeks.

You may very well be right..... Colts just haven't been consistent and the Bills have been, but any given Sunday and the Colts did win 11 games so they aren't push overs by any means.

I tend to agree with you regarding the Colt's lack of consistency, I think.  I guess my point is, whatever the degree of inconsistency, the Bills better prepare for and be ready to face their best.  The Colt's good is pretty good.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I think our playoff run depends more on our defense in the playoffs.  As they say, offense wins games, defense wins championships.  I'm encouraged the way our defense has played this past month. 

That was true before KC fell behind by two or more scores in both of last years playoff games only to coming roaring back and win those games on the back of their offense.

Heck, go back to the Bills SB years and you can argue that we went to 4 straight SB's on the back of an elite offense and average defense.

• Like (+1) 1