Josh Gordon has another substance abuse setback. Back on Commissioners Exempt List.

Big Turk

Such a shame this guy can't ever seem to get his life in order. On the eve of being back in the NFL on a playoff team, he is busted for another substance abuse issue. How many chances does one guy get? At some point he just becomes another Johnny Manziel. Funny how both were drafted by the Browns.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-josh-gordon-setback-battle-033454349.html

Edited by Big Turk
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

When you have the resources this guys has, and you’ve screwed up this many times, I’m not sure it can be called a battle anymore. It’s just him not wanting to fight.

That’s not how addiction works.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Billl said:

That’s not how addiction works.

I know exactly how it works. I’ve seen it in people I know and I’ve experienced it myself. He’s got all the advantages imaginable yet continually falls. If he was truly seeking to be free, he could hire a full time body man to follow him around and keep him out of the situations that he puts himself in.

People with way less options and resources than him overcome addiction all the time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I know exactly how it works. I’ve seen it in people I know and I’ve experienced it myself. He’s got all the advantages imaginable yet continually falls. If he was truly seeking to be free, he could hire a full time body man to follow him around and keep him out of the situations that he puts himself in.

People with way less options and resources than him overcome addiction all the time. 

You’re right that he doesn’t want it bad enough but that just makes him human.