Daboll Question

Protocal69

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

luckily you don’t think that will happen?

He will only leave if he gets a ring, otherwise he will give it another year... is that better? 😂

Daboll's system would work well for several teams/QBs that will be getting a new coach. I have no doubt he could turn an offense around if it had the right QB, but that's no guarantee that he'll be a successful head coach. The leadership part that McD excels at is more important than running the offense or defense. There have been tons of very good OC/DCs on the "hot list" who have failed as head coaches & washed-out in 2-3 years. Being a part of our team culture should bode well for Daboll in this area, but who knows how it'll go.

7 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Where is the ONE place where you would NOT want Daboll to go if he leaves for a HEAD COACHING position.

For me it would be the Chargers. Daboll and Justin Herbert seem like it be a GREAT combo. Plus Chargers defense is not that far away from being great as well.

Chargers GM Tom Telesco is a fellow St Francis HS grad like Daboll.   Just sayin...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Chargers GM Tom Telesco is a fellow St Francis HS grad like Daboll.   Just sayin...

That’s the play for Daboll? Maybe. Herbert has similar skills as JA. Agree decent core of talent on Bolts. Had some key injuries and need to shore up OL, and back 7 on D. Could challenge for wildcard next year.
JAX also if they get TL. Young core many picks upcoming and patient fan base. But both owners are bit in question.
ATL has great ownership but old QB and bad D not to mention Bucs and Saints. Jets I don’t think he wants the pressure and Bils/Phins with Darnold. Texans have great young QB but limited picks and aging D. However a match with up and coming GM could work. 
So Chargers or Texans? 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I was worried about him going to the Jets until Sunday afternoon around 4pm.  Now the Jets have nothing to offer. 

If he went to the Jets, he might be able to get Darnold to the next level.  I think he can still be good.

15 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Well the two advantages over a normal situation is this is his home town and our owner isn't Ralph so I can see Terry approving head coach money for Daboll.  It sure seems like he enjoys sitting up in the booth and having the power to drive this killer offensive machine from his headset.   Also I wonder what Leslie Frasier would say about the advantages of coordinator over head coach, he's done both, he might say he's happier now than ever.

Agree 110% on your Frasier take!

I honestly dont think it matters. I feel Daboll is  very overrated. Why people talking so highly of Daboll and no one talks about Ken Dorsey. Dorsey also was the qb coach with Carolina during Cams best yrs. While Daboll up until this year statistically was a below average OC.   Hopefully he goes to the Jets where the Bills will have 2 wins a year 

Did anyone say New England yet?

5 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

I honestly dont think it matters. I feel Daboll is  very overrated. Why people talking so highly of Daboll and no one talks about Ken Dorsey. Dorsey also was the qb coach with Carolina during Cams best yrs. While Daboll up until this year statistically was a below average OC.   Hopefully he goes to the Jets where the Bills will have 2 wins a year 

Daboll is designing and calling the plays, and the play design and selection this year have been near flawless.  Dorsey might be doing a good job, but Allen also works with an outside QB coach, so it's hard to say how much is Dorsey, how much is Daboll and how much is Palmer.

4 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Daboll is designing and calling the plays, and the play design and selection this year have been near flawless.  Dorsey might be doing a good job, but Allen also works with an outside QB coach, so it's hard to say how much is Dorsey, how much is Daboll and how much is Palmer.

I understand his play calling has been pretty spot on, but if the QB doesnt understand his reads and coverage than the play calling doesnt matter. In season Dorsey is the guy in his ear daily. I am not saying Dorsey is "the guy" but Daboll has had 1 good year in his career as an OC. I am totally ok with him leaving, and cant blame him for leaving while his name is hot.

17 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't buy the "home town boy" angle.  Look at his history in coaching---every time he was offered a chance to move up, he took it.  He's a striver.  He'll take an offered HC job this off-season.

....and he did already interview last year for HC position, which means he would've jumped.    Oh well, can't blame the guy, I still hope Terry and Beane give him a major offer and at least go down swinging.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

I think a lot of this has to do with all of us - literally every one of us - having no idea who does what when it comes to building out the offense, the playbook etc.  I think playcalling is important - but creating a playbook, installing what plays you want to use what week, what down and distance you might want to use what formations and personnel etc.  I think a lot of input comes from all over the staff, not just daboll.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

This is my take as well, the only way he leaves is if the Bills win it all, jmo...

Go Bills!!!

The top paid HC’s are making around 10 mil a year. If I’m Daboll I’m not taking anything less than that. The top coordinators are only making around 2 mil a year. That is a huge pay increase and a ton of money to turn down. With all the HC opening this year there is no way that Daboll is not signed as a HC in the 8 to 10 mil range.

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The top paid HC’s are making around 10 mil a year. If I’m Daboll I’m not taking anything less than that. The top coordinators are only making around 2 mil a year. That is a huge pay increase and a ton of money to turn down. With all the HC opening this year there is no way that Daboll is not signed as a HC in the 8 to 10 mil range.

You may be right, you may be left, we shall see. 

Go Bills!!!

On 12/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, Kwai San said:

Personally I do not believe he is going anywhere.....so no worries for me.

Go BILLS!!

I also dont believe he will leave, UNLESS we win the SB this year. He has it soooo good here and he's from the area, so he'd love to be connected to our first one.

If/when we do win it this year, I'm thinking I dont want him in Jax.  They will have Trevor and also a relatively easy division to win.  Not so if he goes to the chargers, where it will be like being in the AFCE for the past 15 years.

3 hours ago, maddenboy said:

I also dont believe he will leave, UNLESS we win the SB this year. He has it soooo good here and he's from the area, so he'd love to be connected to our first one.

If/when we do win it this year, I'm thinking I dont want him in Jax.  They will have Trevor and also a relatively easy division to win.  Not so if he goes to the chargers, where it will be like being in the AFCE for the past 15 years.

I am leaning towards he asks LF on the D and says.....is it worth it??  Who knows maybe he doesn't want the hassle of dealing with the entire team and all that goes with it???

15 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I am leaning towards he asks LF on the D and says.....is it worth it??  Who knows maybe he doesn't want the hassle of dealing with the entire team and all that goes with it???

I think it’s pretty clear Daboll is interested in a HC position:

1) he interviewed last year

2) when asked about it, McDermott said “Brian has done a good job” of balancing his current responsibilities as OC with preparing for a next step

3) both Diggs and Beasley reacted strongly when asked what kind of a pitch they’d give him, so clearly they both feel him leaving is a real possibility

On 12/22/2020 at 2:31 PM, Protocal69 said:

Where is the ONE place where you would NOT want Daboll to go if he leaves for a HEAD COACHING position.

For me it would be the Chargers. Daboll and Justin Herbert seem like it be a GREAT combo. Plus Chargers defense is not that far away from being great as well.

Honestly none as long Josh Allen plays in Buffalo the Bills have the edge at QB over everyone not named Kansas City and that’s all that matters in this league 

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it’s pretty clear Daboll is interested in a HC position:

1) he interviewed last year

2) when asked about it, McDermott said “Brian has done a good job” of balancing his current responsibilities as OC with preparing for a next step

3) both Diggs and Beasley reacted strongly when asked what kind of a pitch they’d give him, so clearly they both feel him leaving is a real possibility

Dang dang and dang......really hope he stays and helps the Bills over the hump for the 1st SB win.

Look at McDaniels....he walked away from that Colts job when everyone but him thot it was a sure thing.....I can dream.....