J E T S blow first pick

CorkScrewHill

20 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Reading Gang Green Forum and cant fathom the comments about the "fans" supposedly walking away from the team because they dont  look like  picking first..

People get carried away with the QB draft roulette.. Hasnt the last couple of years shown us that?

3rd and 5th QB's picked in 2018 look to be the best two in the draft...

Third QB picked this year looks the best...although appreciate Burrow's season got cut short

It seems like their general thought/hope was that the prospect of Lawrence would make the jets very appealing for a top hc and also fa would desire to play there.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t know why everyone is so scared of rookie quarterbacks not even drafted yet. All that Tua hype and he has the looks of a mobile Trent Edwards. Burrow looked fantastic but similar to the Jets what’s the point in an elite prospect surrounded by practice squad players? Stop stressing rookies that haven’t played yet. 

That said,  as a fan base it’s hilarious for the Jets. They deserve it  ( a lot of them) 

Lawrence is probably one of the most NFL-ready QB's to come out in recent memory. Obviously Mahomes was tailor made for this league too, but he reminds me of the hype given to Manning or Luck coming out of college.

He has all the size, mobility, arm strength. and accuracy you would want and has played in big games with ice in his veins.

He could flame out in the wrong situation, or get hurt...nothing is guaranteed, but he is not a prospect any GM not set at the position should pass on.

I usually don't buy too much into the hype, but glad if the kid plays somewhere other than AFC East. 

The Jets blowing that is like that fighter paid to take a dive, but has too much pride and knocks the other guy out. Too funny.

Would be nice if we could own Belichick and the rest of the AFC East for a decade or two.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Man, if you’re Trevor Lawrence though— Jax?! That has to be more of a nightmare than NYJ. 

This conversation comes up every year there's a top QB prospect but top QBs know they're getting drafted by a bad team. No #1 pick is walking into a good situation.

Just now, HappyDays said:

This conversation comes up every year there's a top QB prospect but top QBs know they're getting drafted by a bad team. No #1 pick is walking into a good situation.

You’re right. But the other teams at least have fans. Jax has to figure out ways to pick up fans in London. Maybe if they become

good again, things will change. But that’s as pitiful of a place to play football as any. No character. 

15 minutes ago, DJB said:

I bet Gase gets fired now that he won a game

I’m convinced the only reason they didn’t fire him mid season was to avoid the old interim coach boost that makes such teams play harder and win a game or two before end of the year.

management must be PISSED. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1