J E T S blow first pick

CorkScrewHill

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I wish Joe Benigno hadn't retired from WFAN. His rant today would have been off the charts epic. Evan Roberts another die hard Jets fan will probably have an excellent rant as well. Both have been critical of the team all year.

One of my guilty pleasures was listening to Joe & Evan the day after a brutal Jets loss. After a brutal Jets win might be even more entertaining.

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

One of my guilty pleasures was listening to Joe & Evan the day after a brutal Jets loss. After a brutal Jets win might be even more entertaining.

Evan will go off on them today so it will be worth listening to it.

10 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I think so also. 

What is being underestimated here is how other teams are drooling over Josh Allen about now. Like John Elway isn't kicking himself that he took Chubb over Allen at #5 in 2018. Or for that matter all the teams that passed on Allen, Cleveland 2x. NY Giants, Jets, Tampa who traded the pick, INDY.

Then, looking at what Allen was in 2018 vs what he looks like now is unbelievable. Brian Daboll is going to get a ton of credit for that development. His game planning, play calling. Most every team in the NFL wants their own Josh Allen, save perhaps KC, GB, Seattle. 

Daboll will be the hottest head coaching commodity on the market IMO.  Nobody even close at this point. 

P.S. Robert Kraft would boot McDaniel's to the curb if he could get Daboll, IMO. 

When you have Case Keenum locked up, you have to pass on the best QB class in 10 years to eventually trade for Joe Flacco and draft Drew Lock

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I think the Jags can come right back to a contender with  real coach and Lawrence, that’s a team, not all that far removed from winning the AFC Championship with Bortles at QB.  Now granted, the NFL sent the Patriots to the SB, but it’s not a complete wasteland.   They will get a hot coach to go there with Lawrence.  The Jets just screwed up big.

I agree with this completely. Jacksonville is a good QB and a above-average head coach away from being a wild card team and unfortunately for them, they haven't had anything close to either this season. But if they land Lawrence and a better HC hire, I think they have enough young talent across the offense and defense to be in the hunt next year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

When you have Case Keenum locked up, you have to pass on the best QB class in 10 years to eventually trade for Joe Flacco and draft Drew Lock

Now that’s funny right there.  Elway is not the Genius people make him out to be.

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Eh, this was their year to tank and get their QB.

They already have 2 1sts, and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds in 2021. As well as 2 1sts in 2022. So it's rebuild time now.

I do think they should decide to stick with Darnold and build around him. Maybe even trade down from #2 and really stack the deck.

Any such commitments arent really worth anything. But I could see them keeping him, given the number of spots that are open already and the lack of candidates to go around.

Darnold's burned through his entire rookie contract.  Rebuild around a new rookie.  

Sucks for the Jets, but honestly, there's every chance it would have worked out with Lawrence the same way it did with Darnold. Their team is so far away from having a supporting cast around their QB that I don't think it really matters who the QB is. All I know is that they can't really justify Darnold's 5th year option.

26 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

I agree with this completely. Jacksonville is a good QB and a above-average head coach away from being a wild card team and unfortunately for them, they haven't had anything close to either this season. But if they land Lawrence and a better HC hire, I think they have enough young talent across the offense and defense to be in the hunt next year. 

They have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.  They need talent all over.  Lots more draft picks, but at some point you have to dump the caldwell misses.  Getting the right free agents is important for them this year.

Maybe T Law isn't who the Jests want...they may want Fields.

T Law said he might stay in school if the situation is not right.

BTW I heard a grown man Jests fan with kids admit on the air during Boomer and Gio that he went to his car and cried after the win.

How sad is that?

16 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

True, but both the Bears and Colts want to win. And now sitting in the #1 spot and looking like he'll be retained, Marrone may want to keep it that way.

Marrone has ZERO chance of being the Jags head coach in 2021.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Joe Benigno will join Evan at 3:00. Should be a great listen with their Jets rant.

It's been great listening to Carton & Roberts this afternoon.

Edited by Albany,n.y.