J E T S blow first pick

CorkScrewHill

I think the Jags can come right back to a contender with  real coach and Lawrence, that’s a team, not all that far removed from winning the AFC Championship with Bortles at QB.  Now granted, the NFL sent the Patriots to the SB, but it’s not a complete wasteland.   They will get a hot coach to go there with Lawrence.  The Jets just screwed up big.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I think the Jags can come right back to a contender with  real coach and Lawrence, that’s a team, not all that far removed from winning the AFC Championship with Bortles at QB.  Now granted, the NFL sent the Patriots to the SB, but it’s not a complete wasteland.   They will get a hot coach to go there with Lawrence.  The Jets just screwed up big.

I mean... that playoff team had Campbell, ngakoue, Ramsey, bouye, gipsob, telvin Smith, and Malik Jackson.  The current team has none of those players. 

They have josh allen DE, still have jack... lots of 2020 picks. But they have about as much in common as buffalo does with their 2017 playoff team.

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I mean... that playoff team had Campbell, ngakoue, Ramsey, bouye, gipsob, telvin Smith, and Malik Jackson.  The current team has none of those players. 

They have josh allen DE, still have jack... lots of 2020 picks. But they have about as much in common as buffalo does with their 2017 playoff team.

All valid, but they do have talent there, an owner who will spend big, no income tax, good weather and are allowed to have fans (not that anybody would go) in the stadium.  There’s a chance for a quick turn around.  They can attract FAs for more than just “we’ll pay the most”, I think they could be pretty good, pretty quick.

53 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Gotta wonder where Daboll is in his head though at this point in his career. Has bounced around the league went to college as well. Maybe he just is happy with where he is at and will only take a job close to home why Jets was worrisome to me. 

NE job isn’t open won’t be either. If BB steps down they fill is with McDaniels. 

however with NY transplants in FL I could see him coach Jags with Lawrence as well. I am not sure and maybe I am reading Daboll wrong but I think he is going to be very selective. And I could reading him wrong as well because I do Not want Daboll to go ANYWHERE until 2022 season at earliest. I want one more year to lock in Allen’s Growth. 

Another factor to watch for is if (when) Joe Schoen and Dan Morgan get poached from the FO for GM jobs. They might be very interested in luring Daboll to come along with them.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Jets was the ONLY team with Lawrence I seen Daboll going to. Gets a QB and close to home. Don’t see him going out west. Maybe FL. But I think this Jets Win helps keep Daboll in Buffalo. 

The Chargers should be any HC top choice. The question is, is Daboll their top choice or Bienemy? The latter played with the Chargers so it might be better "fit".

I wonder if the JESTS front office views Lawrence the same way that their fan base does .  It would be such a typical move by their front office to hang in with Darnold and hope that he can turn it around.  My expectation is that no matter which course of action they take, they''ll screw it up.

Edited by Florida Bills Fanatic

I just realized the jags play the bears and colts to finish the season. 

This is definitely not over. The jags do have talent on offense, they are definitely capable of beating the bears. And rivers can blow a game with the best of them. They already beat him this year. 

I do think the Jets beat the Patriots though. We may need them too.

Kind of wonder now if the Jets will trade the #2 pick for a kings ransom, trade some veterans, roll with Darnold (and Gase?!) for another year, tank, and get their top QB the following year?

Guess there’d have to be a team out there that would give up a ton to move into #2..

1 minute ago, Process said:

This is definitely not over. The jags do have talent on offense, they are definitely capable of beating the bears. And rivers can blow a game with the best of them. They already beat him this year. 

Why would we need that?

Just now, Process said:

True, but both the Bears and Colts want to win. And now sitting in the #1 spot and looking like he'll be retained, Marrone may want to keep it that way.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

True, but both the Bears and Colts want to win. And now sitting in the #1 spot and looking like he'll be retained, Marrone may want to keep it that way.

Have they already committed to Marrone beyond this year? How does he not get fired? 

5 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Kind of wonder now if the Jets will trade the #2 pick for a kings ransom, trade some veterans, roll with Darnold (and Gase?!) for another year, tank, and get their top QB the following year?

Guess there’d have to be a team out there that would give up a ton to move into #2..

Eh, this was their year to tank and get their QB.

They already have 2 1sts, and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds in 2021. As well as 2 1sts in 2022. So it's rebuild time now.

I do think they should decide to stick with Darnold and build around him. Maybe even trade down from #2 and really stack the deck.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Have they already committed to Marrone beyond this year? How does he not get fired? 

Any such commitments arent really worth anything. But I could see them keeping him, given the number of spots that are open already and the lack of candidates to go around.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

I kind of want to go back and read that one topic where a Jets fan was saying Darnold was better than Allen and that the Jets would win more games than the Bills since the Jets beat the Bills twice last year (except they didn't win against the starters and barely beat the back ups). Would be a great reread

31 minutes ago, Process said:

What are you talking about?  Need them why?