J E T S blow first pick

CorkScrewHill

I've never been a big fan of bashing other teams. 

I remember how ***** it was when the bills were the laughing stock. This is going to be an unpopular take around here, but since the Bills are looking like they are going to be good for some time, maybe we should act with some decency or we will soon become what we so resented (Patriots fans). 

• Like (+1) 7

The Jets are way better than their record talent wise.  Same was true of the Dolphins last year when they were 0-8.  The players and the coaching staff (who will get fired soon) could care less about a draft pick, they have pride and dont' want to go 0-16.   What could the Jets do here really?  I guess they could over rule the coaches and play an OL at QB or something.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I will take the win! No draft pick is guaranteed to pan out!

Useless win, and I don't believe you.

Bills fans have been through this before, in the 68 season, when a generational talent named OJ Simpson was going first.

A last month one win game wasn't worth losing him.

If the Jets lose this "opportunity," it not only has the chance to effect the AFC East for years, it also has the potential to significantly determine head coaching and coordinator jobs for your franchise, and carries a potentially massive trade option hit.

Enjoy your win.

Immediate gratification is deserved, but it might be the very definition of a pyrrhic victory. 

Couldn't work out any better for the rest of the division.

Edited by sherpa
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, PoBills33 said:

Reading jetsnations message board their fans are upset over this win like they just lost the superbowl.  Being this terrible and having fans hate you even more when you actually win a game has to be a pretty toxic enviornment for those players.  I actually feel bad for them.

Can you imagine actually wanting to finish 0 -16!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro Nimbus said:

It’s amazing how many people are scared of a dude that hasn’t even step foot on an NFL field.  Yeah. He had a good college career, but so did Manziel, Rosen, Tebow, hell even Jamarcus Russell     

45 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t mean to be harsh, but that should be an embarrassing post for you. The guys you compared him to were ALL major questions, despite how highly some were drafted.  Trevor likely would have been the first pick in the draft after ONE season at Clemson. 

If you watch and understand the game even a little (and I do NOT claim to be the expert many here are), you will see the obvious difference. 

Taro's comps weren't very good but the bolded is valid. Who was the last 'can't miss' college QB? The one that comes to my mind is Luck. Didn't exactly set the world on fire. Trevor may very well do just that, but history says it's not the slam dunk folks make it out to be.

43 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I never thought I'd feel sorry for the Jets and their fans, but I do tonight. Holy hell Adam Gase can't even ***** up correctly.

They're just spiraling now. How do you talk somebody like Daboll or Bienemi to take this job?

Of all the Charley Browns in the NFL, the Jets are the Charley Browniest....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Taro's comps weren't very good but the bolded is valid. Who was the last 'can't miss' college QB? The one that comes to my mind is Luck. Didn't exactly set the world on fire. Trevor may very well do just that, but history says it's not the slam dunk folks make it out to be.

When I watch them all play the game, Trevor is the only guy who concerns me for the next 15-20 years. There is a reason everyone is all gaga over they guy. He looks real to me. 

On a crappy Jets team? He might not be enough to take them to the promised land. But he IS something like 85-3 since high school. That and what I’ve watched says something to me. I’d rather have him in Jacksonville! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

When I watch them all play the game, Trevor is the only guy who concerns me for the next 15-20 years. There is a reason everyone is all gaga over they guy. He looks real to me. 

On a crappy Jets team? He might not be enough to take them to the promised land. But he IS something like 85-3 since high school. That and what I’ve watched says something to me. I’d rather have him in Jacksonville! 

Yeah, I get it. Me and my boys were all in rooting for the Jets today. But I do think we get carried away with fear of the can't miss QB. Luck was one of those guys and his career didn't come close to fulfilling the expectations - and that's not meant as a swipe at Luck.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Reading Gang Green Forum and cant fathom the comments about the "fans" supposedly walking away from the team because they dont  look like  picking first..

People get carried away with the QB draft roulette.. Hasnt the last couple of years shown us that?

3rd and 5th QB's picked in 2018 look to be the best two in the draft...

Third QB picked this year looks the best...although appreciate Burrow's season got cut short

That First overall in 2018 seems to have his team locked for the playoffs as well. #JustSaying 

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Reading Gang Green Forum and cant fathom the comments about the "fans" supposedly walking away from the team because they dont  look like  picking first..

People get carried away with the QB draft roulette.. Hasnt the last couple of years shown us that?

3rd and 5th QB's picked in 2018 look to be the best two in the draft...

Third QB picked this year looks the best...although appreciate Burrow's season got cut short

I feel like the Lawrence/Fields situation is kind of like McDavid/Eichel in the NHL Draft five years ago.

Maybe Im not really understanding this...so the jests are blaming their ills at the feet of Darnold? Are they already finished with him?  Apparently according to the consensus opinion here that would be a yes since they are in the Trevor Lawrence draft discussion. I would say the coaching and management are at least as culpable for their ills as san darnold....? am I wrong? what am I missing here?

I guess they could always trade Darnold *shrugs*......

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah, I get it. Me and my boys were all in rooting for the Jets today. But I do think we get carried away with fear of the can't miss QB. Luck was one of those guys and his career didn't come close to fulfilling the expectations - and that's not meant as a swipe at Luck.

Sorry, not trying to dig in and argue, but Luck took teams who had no business being in the playoffs for some pretty good rides. If he had had a better supporting cast and a little more time (in today’s standards, he played about a half of a career), there’s no telling how he might be viewed decades from now. 

How he is viewed down the road will be very interesting. I do know his twitter stuff was funny as hell! 

1 hour ago, PoBills33 said:

Reading jetsnations message board their fans are upset over this win like they just lost the superbowl.  Being this terrible and having fans hate you even more when you actually win a game has to be a pretty toxic enviornment for those players.  I actually feel bad for them.

Don't