Christian Wade in one of the final 2 games?

Draconator

From the video of the snowball fight, he's a huge part of this team, albeit on the practice squad. We all remember what he has done in the pre-season. Maybe put him in, in one of the final two games and see what he can do? I'd personally love to see it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It's a nice thought, but if they're going to play backups the next two games, they should be playing the guys who will be called on if the starter goes down to get the experience they need to step right in. In this case, it should be TJ Yeldon.

• Like (+1) 2

We need a banging our head against a wall emoji.

He is not eligible to play this year - he was designated the international spot as an extra PS player.  He is not eligible for call up or to play until next year - so no we will not see him.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

We need a banging our head against a wall emoji.

He is not eligible to play this year - he was designated the international spot as an extra PS player.  He is not eligible for call up or to play until next year - so no we will not see him.

Thanks for the clarification. 

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

From the video of the snowball fight, he's a huge part of this team, albeit on the practice squad. We all remember what he has done in the pre-season. Maybe put him in, in one of the final two games and see what he can do? I'd personally love to see it. 

He can’t. Pesky rules and all...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He is not eligible. For the 20th time it seems like throughout the last 2 years of him being on that special PS designation.

One of those useful mod-stickied threads explaining the NFL international pathway program may be in order.

30 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Sometimes I think we need a pinned "FAQ" post that has answers to questions like

Q: "Can Christian Wade be called up to the active roster this season?"

A: "No, he can not.  He is an extra member of our practice squad in the International Pathways program and as such, is not eligible for call-up"

Of course, judging by the various warnings and stuff we regularly need to distribute, no one reads @SDS pinned post about "No Covid, No politics" either, so I suppose it would just be clutter.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sometimes I think we need a pinned "FAQ" post that has answers to questions like

A: "No, he can not.  He is an extra member of our practice squad in the International Pathways program and as such, is not eligible for call-up"

Of course, judging by the various warnings and stuff we regularly need to distribute, no one reads @SDS pinned post about "No Covid, No politics" either, so I suppose it would just be clutter.

Ironically OP's avatar is exactly how I feel when people continuously bring this topic up...

For the umpteenth time, Christian Wade is indentured to the Bills PS and cannot play in a game.  They needed to put him on the active roster before the season if they were going to use him.  This is the 21st century version of the reserve clause (in football instead of baseball).  I think Wade finally gets out from under it next year so we can see him on opening day 2021.  Wade haterz need not reply.

45 minutes ago, Draconator said:

He cannot play as international pathway player. He has his chance to stick next offseason. 

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

we should also institute a rule that the scrappy 9th WR UDFA on the PS who showed “signs” during TC will never be good. 

Anything to prevent the “how about Brandon Reilly/Dez Lewis/Duke Williams” posts.

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

B.c he was in a snowball fight you want to activate him so you can screw a better player out of a spot?

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

B.c he was in a snowball fight you want to activate him so you can screw a better player out of a spot?

Just MY observations (and I'm not one to make people see everything MY way), you see Wade in these types of videos. From my perspective, he seem more of a part of this team than Yeldon. Yeldon is a better running back. Yet I think if given the opportunity, Wade can make a strong impression. I would love to see Wade in a game just to see what he is made of, what he can really do. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As a former college professor, I totally understand:

prof.jpg?itok=LCUVEc0-

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Next year he will only be eligible for the regular practice squad (or make the team, or just be cut.)

So if buffalo cut him they wouldnt be eligible to be signed?  I think it would remove any ps squad eligability with the team.   Its all far fetched.  Without a preseason he had no shot.  I think another offseason and a preseason he could replace Roberts as a return man.