Josh Allen Surpasses Russell Wilson in MVP Odds

Logic

3 hours ago, BillsToast said:

If we win the Superbowl he'll have complete hold over the country to get as many breaks as any athlete moving forward. 

If we win Super Bowl LV and Josh is named game MVP, I won't care he wasn't league MVP and I don't think he will either.

• Like (+1) 3

Rodgers and Mahomes are the clear frontrunners. Allen is the dark horse. A few things need to happen for him to get it:

1) Bills need to win out

2) Allen needs to not throw another INT

4) Allen needs to average 275 yards passing over the next 4 games

5) Allen needs to average 2.5 passing TD's over the next 4 games

This would give Allen 4,500 yards passing, 36 passing TD's, and the Bills would be 13-3. That might do it.

But Mahomes is on track for 5,000 yards and 38 TD's. Rodgers is on pace for 4,500 yards and 44 TD's. Both of those guys will need to slip a little.

4 hours ago, Jobot said:

We need a 3-way tie atop the AFC to give the Bills the #1 seed. (I think this is possible based on 3-way tiebreakers)

If that happens, Allen gets the MVP.

agreed as long as JA's stats still look good in these games.

5 hours ago, Jobot said:

We need a 3-way tie atop the AFC to give the Bills the #1 seed. (I think this is possible based on 3-way tiebreakers)

If that happens, Allen gets the MVP.

KC has head to head against us so not sure how thatd happen... better division record is tiebreaker before head to head right?

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Okay and what is Mahomes likely to hit though?

Mahomes comes in around 45-47 total TD'S and Allen around the same. Remember Allen has 6 rushing TD's, Mahomes 2. It's 33 TD's to 32 right now. The biggest challenge for Allen would be Rodgers. But he can catch him also. Just have to continue to play lights out on national TV. It would be one of those Co-mvps IMO. Allen could even win it outright because everyone would be watching him deal for 4-5 weeks on national TV 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

7 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh isn't going to win the MVP even if he balls out the last few weeks of the season and Mahomes and Rodgers stumble.  The NFL hasn't decided to market Allen yet like they have Mahomes and Rodgers.  You saw Manning and Brady become the face of the NFL for years.  That wasn't an accident.  Sure they were winning, but more that that, the marketing arm of the NFL decided to promote those two QBs across every market in the country.

The NFL has also done that with Pat Mahomes, Russell WIlson, and Aaron Rodgers at different times over the last decade.  That kind of national marketing by the NFL is what puts someone over the top for this sort of stuff.  It will be interesting to see if Allen joins those ranks next year.  He seems to have a lot of things going for him.  Choir boy looks and attitude.  Nice background / upbringing story.  He's starting to win a lot of games.  He has a couple "wow plays" almost every week.  There is also the feel good "long suffering Buffalo Bills franchise on the rise" story.  There's a lot to work with there if you are a NFL marketing team.

Josh Allen may be about to take that next step and become one of the faces of the NFL next season.  That's worth at least five points of MVP voting.

Post of the day. Insightful and not wrong. 👏

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The NFL hasn't decided to market Allen yet like they have Mahomes and Rodgers.  You saw Manning and Brady become the face of the NFL for years.  That wasn't an accident.  Sure they were winning, but more that that, the marketing arm of the NFL decided to promote those two QBs across every market in the country.

Well worth noting to finish the season

@ 49ers MNF

vs Steelers SNF

@ Denver standalone national Saturday game

@ New England MNF

vs. Dolphins

Maybe it's not an accident that the NFL gave the Bills so many late season primetime games? The Allen hysteria around the NFL will be in full bloom come this Monday morning if the Bills beat the Steelers and Allen has another nice showing. Allen would be promoted like crazy going into the Denver and New England games. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

KC has head to head against us so not sure how thatd happen... better division record is tiebreaker before head to head right?

If KC/Buff/Pitt all have the same record it would come down to conference records. So in that scenario, KC's losses would need to come against their remaining AFC opponents.

It's a longshot for sure, but KC hasn't really been lighting it up as of late (Tampa/Denver wins), so definitely possible.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think anyone catches Mahomes, but if Allen has another good night on SNF against the Steelers, it's going to get very interesting...

I know we have weapons, but people do discount Mahomes play (a tiny bit) due to the absurdity of weapons he has at his disposal.  

I think in 2020 the MVP at this moment is Aaron Rodgers.

Patrick Mahomes is amazing but IMO has more to work with then ARod does and this is arguably ARod's best year (36 TD 4 INT, and about 60 less passing attempts then Mahomes)

I think voters will recognize that he is what 36 now, and might be his last true shot at an NFL MVP award and vote for Aaron Rodgers.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2020 at 11:40 AM, Like A Mofo said:

I think in 2020 the MVP at this moment is Aaron Rodgers.

Patrick Mahomes is amazing but IMO has more to work with then ARod does and this is arguably ARod's best year (36 TD 4 INT, and about 60 less passing attempts then Mahomes)

I think voters will recognize that he is what 36 now, and might be his last true shot at an NFL MVP award and vote for Aaron Rodgers.

I think I’m on board with this, and would probably rank Josh above Mahomes. Don’t get me wrong Mahomes is great and is a special talent, but to be honest at times I have been underwhelmed by him. Every QB misses throws, but I have seen him miss some pretty easy throws very badly. He had one to Hardman a couple of weeks ago where there was broken coverage and Hardman was WIDE open and would’ve gone for like an 85 yard touchdown, but Mahomes’s throw wasn’t even close to him. I do think it is easier for him to put up the stats he does because of the amount of talent he is able to throw to. It will be I retesting to see what he has to throw to in a couple of years when his contract fully kicks in.

But this is why I would put Rodgers and Allen above him. They have to carry their offenses. I’m not sure that Mahomes has to do as much heavy lifting as those 2 do