Feleciano replacing Winters at RG in the game

ILBillsfan

This was a great move by the Bills as several times Winters was walked right back into Josh's lap.  Was good to see him back in the game late was a scare seeing him go down.

Want to see this line continue the rest of the year next week will be a solid test vs that Steelers dline.

• Like (+1) 6

My heart went in my throat when I saw him down.    Of course, because it wasn't one of the fifteen struggles that the 49ers were tasked with overcoming at that present time, nary a mention of this.   I did see in a few series after that, and yes, Winters ass was still planted on the pine.   Go Mongo!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It looked like Winters got dinged up or no?

Not that I saw.

Ike and Mongo started at guards - Winters was in after Mongo got dinged.  When Mongo was ready - Winters returned to the bench.

I think it also speaks to everyone that says McD plays favorites or won’t bench guys - He has repeatedly played with the o and d line to try and find combos that work.  

He is a learning coach and has gotten better game over game and year over year.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

This was a great move by the Bills as several times Winters was walked right back into Josh's lap.  Was good to see him back in the game late was a scare seeing him go down.

Want to see this line continue the rest of the year next week will be a solid test vs that Steelers dline.

YESSSSSSSSSS this was a problem we were able to address easily, and i think its gunna be huge

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I noticed the switch to Boettger on the opening drive & was very happy to see Mongo at RG, Boettger at LG and Winters at left out.  

That's our best OL. Dawkins, Boett, Morse, Mongo, Williams. Now the trick is keeping them healthy for these last 4 games.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills staff are looking at ways to use all the players they have.

Some they use as starters, some as depth, some they use on special packages, some they use on rotations and some they are using in development or practices.

I have heard they use T.J. Yeldon in practice on scout team to simulate other RBs that Moss and Singletary cannot emulate.

I cannot figure our why the let Quinton Spain go.  He must have been really bad for harmony of team but since he was being paid anyways they could have just not let him return to facility until issue in Tennessee was resolved even if it meant bringing a league arbitrator.  I look at football as a zero sum equation - you only have so much money to spend and the Bills were already committed to paying him and unless he wanted to quit so Bills were not liable for salary he should be required to work thru issue.

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Boettger, Morse, Feliciano.  I think that’s our interior OL until someone gets hurt.

Their investment in Boettger is finally paying off.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I cannot figure our why the let Quinton Spain go.  He must have been really bad for harmony of team but since he was being paid anyways they could have just not let him return to facility until issue in Tennessee was resolved even if it meant bringing a league arbitrator.

What was the issue in Tennessee you are referring to? I've not seen/heard anything about that.