Feleciano replacing Winters at RG in the game

ILBillsfan

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Boettger is a liability in the run game. Winters is horrible in pass protection. This offense wins when Allen has time to throw. Stick with Dawkins, Boettger, Morse, Feliciano, and Williams

The bolded is not true. Although his worst play last night was a whiff on 3rd and short on the drive in the 4th Quarter where we converted the 4th down. If Boettger makes his block Singletary probably picks it up on 3rd down..... albeit I didn't much like the playcall in any event. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The bolded is not true. Although his worst play last night was a whiff on 3rd and short on the drive in the 4th Quarter where we converted the 4th down. If Boettger makes his block Singletary probably picks it up on 3rd down..... albeit I didn't much like the playcall in any event. 

So far we don’t have that many snaps to look at. They struggled running left unless they pulled a guard. I should probably withhold judgement for a few more games. He looked solid in pass protection most of the night. 
I would rather see Bates get some snaps if Felicanio gets hurt or if Morse goes down again instead of Winters.

Full disclosure I liked the Winters signing and thought he was the best option early in the season. He’s just too much of a liability in the pass game. 

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

So far we don’t have that many snaps to look at. They struggled running left unless they pulled a guard. I should probably withhold judgement for a few more games. He looked solid in pass protection most of the night. 
I would rather see Bates get some snaps if Felicanio gets hurt or if Morse goes down again instead of Winters.

Full disclosure I liked the Winters signing and thought he was the best option early in the season. He’s just too much of a liability in the pass game. 

Boettger > Bates. I have said it for a fair while. Seems the coaching staff agrees. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Just a note that is was actually Moss on that play.

McDermott had finally got down from his high horse and put him back on the field for a snap, only to see him get blown up 3 yrds in the backfield by a DT that beat Boettger to the spot.

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Just a note that is was actually Moss on that play.

McDermott had finally got down from his high horse and put him back on the field for a snap, only to see him get blown up 3 yrds in the backfield by a DT that beat Boettger to the spot.

Thanks! Yep that was the play I was on about. And now you mention it I do recall it was Moss. It was almost 4am for me at that point..... you gotta make allowances.... 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Thanks! Yep that was the play I was on about. And now you mention it I do recall it was Moss. It was almost 4am for me at that point..... you gotta make allowances.... 🤣

Good grief, Tommy.

By now, you must be on your 12th cuppa today ; - )

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Good grief, Tommy.

By now, you must be on your 12th cuppa today ; - )

Annoyingly after getting to bed at 5am I still woke up at 8.45 (my normal time in this working from home world). I am just having a cuppa and then an afternoon nap will be in order. 

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Problem is Feliciano and Williams are UFAs

I think they will bring Feliciano back. They might even sacrifice Morse to do it. That he is supposedly Allen's biggest buddy on the team doesn't hurt either. Williams I am pretty sure will get paid somewhere else. 

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I noticed the switch to Boettger on the opening drive & was very happy to see Mongo at RG, Boettger at LG and Winters at left out.  

OK so Winters started on the right side, Mongo on the left, but then quickly replaced Winters with Ike and moved Mongo to the other side?

Was wondering about that as saw Winters started, then didn't notice much till Mongo got hurt, then only noticed came back in on right side.

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK so Winters started on the right side, Mongo on the left, but then quickly replaced Winters with Ike and moved Mongo to the other side?

Was wondering about that as saw Winters started, then didn't notice much till Mongo got hurt, then only noticed came back in on right side.

Boettger started at LG, Mongo at RG.  Winters was on the bench most of the game except when Mongo got dinged.  

The TV announcers were wrong when they had Winters starting-he wasn't on the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Beane getting Mongo was just as good as getting Beasley and Diggs. Hopefully he can poach a true #1 RB next off-season.

Agreed but I have to give a lot of that credit to Bobby Johnson the OL coach. Feliciano was clearly one of his guys from his time with the Raiders. Even though Johnson was the tight ends coach, he kind of took Feliciano under his wing. All in all, great stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

I imagine they will re-sign Feliciano to a manageable 3-4 year deal. He is young enough still and has proven himself a key player and a morale booster on offense who his teammates love. 

Something like 4 years, $32 would be about right. That would be $8 million average per year, which would rank 17-18th in the league. 

I was a little surprised when I saw how much guards are making, although it makes a lot of sense given the lack of quality OL play around the league. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

11 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Beane getting Mongo was just as good as getting Beasley and Diggs. Hopefully he can poach a true #1 RB next off-season.

we have him and he goes by the nickname of Motor.

This offense doesnt need "a true #1 RB". 

Motor doesnt have game breaking speed, but as you saw last night on the 4th down play inside the 49ers 5 yard line, he has enough speed to get to the edge and get a quality first. He breaks tackle after tackle, has excellent vision and reliable hands. He is our number 1 back. Learn to love it.