Week 13: Sunday Games Thread, Around the League

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

We were soooooooo happy that we beat the Chargers by 10 points.....the Pat's beat them by 45

I’m not going to lie, I was one of them to fall under that category.. haha.

Oh well. No win in the nfl is easy. (Unless you’re NE playing LA lol)

2 hours ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

I love that Rodney Harrison finally said it looked like they were trying to lose because those other two pussies weren't going to say it.

Trying to lose would mean they would have played like the Chargers did today. It was because of a crap play called by a coach that knows he is gone after this season. They were not trying to lose, we lack talent, and its shows.

9 hours ago, 97bills said:

Coaches talk all the time about attacking team’s weaknesses but to be able to do it to a team with bad specials team is amazing. I don’t like BB at all but man the guy is great

I have been saying it for over a decade when fans moaned about keeping more special teamers on the roster. If you are in a division where you play Belichick twice a year then you better be good on special teams. Because if you are not it is the quickest way for him to get you beat. 

• Like (+1) 2

The NFL is missing an untapped audience.  Next week the Chargers and the Jets should swap coaching and support staffs, and see how they fare.  'Trading Spaces - NFL'.

Although Coach Lynn is a good guy, after seeing the results of the NE - LA game, I think the theme for Final Jeopardy is playing in his head when one of the coaching staff needs a decision.

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

I guess the Patriots aren't tanking like many here thought they would. Division getting tight

I wonder if NE is allowed to stay in LA (covid reasons) as they play at the Rams this Thursday night. I expect this LA team ( the good one) to show up and make NE 6-7. Looked like the Chargers just quit on Lynn. 45-0 is a college blowout score not an NFL one. Having NE still in the race might be a good thing. They play the Dolphins after the Rams. Hopefully Bill can make life miserable for Tua just like he does most rookie QB's. NE knocking off Miami would be a good thing in this case.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I guess the Patriots aren't tanking like many here thought they would. Division getting tight

Let them get High on a blowout.  

they have a 2 game deficit in the AFCE.  

In the Hunt (8) LV,  9) BAL, (10) NE, (11) DEN, (12) HOU

and yes their schedule looks easy. 

@Rams, @Miami, Buffalo and Jets

They could catch Miami.  

KC, NE, @Vegas, @Buffalo

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Congrats to the Cheaters for that.  They'll still miss the playoffs.

Yea, they will. And hopefully no QB solution magically appears. Because if they get all their opt out guys back and they get a QB they could be good pretty quickly. 

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea, they will. And hopefully no QB solution magically appears. Because if they get all their opt out guys back and they get a QB they could be good pretty quickly. 

I don't think they're good enough to win out.  If they can beat the Rams, I'll change my opinion.  

I suspect this is their year to digest all the cap hits from the last 4-5 years, evaluate their young talent and find a QB.  They will be back next year in a way we are all too familiar with.  They have a ton of cap space, free agents will be cheaper and there's going to be a few quality QB prospects out there for them if the part ways with Newton.  

This week went about as bad as it could. 

Dolphins hold on to beat Bengals; Raiders freebie from Jets; Colts lucky vs Texans; Pats destroy LAC; Chiefs hang on vs Broncos. So close but no help. Bills playoff odds dropped from 95% to 85% over the weekend. Now we just need a big W vs SF. A loss and this weekend goes from bad to awful. 

22 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Another Jetsy trade - getting rid of Leonard Williams for very little. He *always* dominated the LoS in Bills-Jets games. He was unbelievable today.

I'm not complaining. I think it's ironic how Leonard Williams changed jerseys at the same address and has become our best pass rusher. But that also means he's going to cost a lot to re-sign. It's amazing how poorly the Jets are run. They could screw up Lawrence if they get him.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

To be fair I wasn't arguing he did it to tank. I think it was more malice towards Adam Gase, who he has allegedly barely been on speaking terms with for over a year. Everyone knows Williams loves to blitz.... that scenario is a bit different though because he is trying to not give up a FG. Sunday all he had to do was not give up a touchdown. 

On 12/8/2020 at 9:40 AM, GunnerBill said:

To be fair I wasn't arguing he did it to tank. I think it was more malice towards Adam Gase, who he has allegedly barely been on speaking terms with for over a year. Everyone knows Williams loves to blitz.... that scenario is a bit different though because he is trying to not give up a FG. Sunday all he had to do was not give up a touchdown. 

This is pretty interesting:

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is pretty interesting:

While that video is interesting, none of those even in that video are all out blitzes. They are blitzes, absolutely. If he sent 6 and got burned I'd be more willing to say "okay he thought that was the right call." He sent 7 and then the 8th guy delayed on Sunday. He left 3 on 3 downfield. That is more than he sent on any of those other occasions and I don't think I have ever seen it before. It had the reckless abandon of a guy who at best did not give two damns whether the Jets won the game or not. At worst he actually quite enjoyed seeing them lose it because he is a vindictive POS who hates Adam Gase.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

While that video is interesting, none of those even in that video are all out blitzes. They are blitzes, absolutely. If he sent 6 and got burned I'd be more willing to say "okay he thought that was the right call." He sent 7 and then the 8th guy delayed on Sunday. He left 3 on 3 downfield. That is more than he sent on any of those other occasions and I don't think I have ever seen it before. It had the reckless abandon of a guy who at best did not give two damns whether the Jets won the game or not. At worst he actually quite enjoyed seeing them lose it because he is a vindictive POS who hates Adam Gase.

I mean there was an ESPN tweet that said that it's the first time they've seen it since they've been looking the last 14 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1