Cody Ford out for the Season

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drafting Cody and passing on DK, plus trading Wyatt .... not Beane’s finest hour

Yikes... guess we won’t know what we have in him until Year 3.     This is why you build depth..  I’m still high on an OL of Dawkins-Boettger-Morse-Feliciano-Williams.     Hopefully thei

It happens, it could have been worse we could have drafted the "right Josh". 

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't see this as a big blow at all... the drop off from Ford to Boetteger is minimal if that's the route they go....

Yup.  While I wouldn’t have wanted any Bill to suffer a season ending injury, if forced to pick which starting OL to have it happen to.......

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup.  While I wouldn’t have wanted any Bill to suffer a season ending injury, if forced to pick which starting OL to have it happen to.......

Yep. Had this happened to Dawkins or Williams yea it’s a problem. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Yikes... guess we won’t know what we have in him until Year 3.  

This is why you build depth..  I’m still high on an OL of Dawkins-Boettger-Morse-Feliciano-Williams.  

Hopefully their Winters obsession chills out. 

First of all I think we already know what we have in Ford and it's not worthy of a 2nd round pick. I too would prefer Boet over Winters.

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is a lazy take-I think the Metcalf vs Ford debate has some merit, but Teller had shown nothing and people were excited that the Bills got anything done him 

It was also publicized Teller has ADHD which is something he has always needed to deal with.  Not sure if it was affecting his play with the Bills and if it had anything to do with moving him, but it's possible he has learned to control that better in the NFL and it has contributed to his better play.  Him and Josh seemed very close - I remember when Teller left thinking Josh must be disappointed. 

Haven't read through this entire thread, but just wanted to say this:

I'm not ready to give up on Cody Ford or call him a bust. 

He finally got to play what is most likely his best position this year for the first time as a pro. It came after a weird and truncated offseason, and he only got to do it a few times before he tore his meniscus.

I'd like to see what he can do with a full, regular offseason at his new position before I'm ready to declare anything on him. I still think he can be an above average guard. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't see this as a big blow at all... the drop off from Ford to Boetteger is minimal if that's the route they go....

But what about the backup to Boetteger?  Boetteger has been improving steadily with reps to help.  It appears that Winters will be backup to both positions.

I wish Quinton Spain did not have a hissy fit for being demoted from starting lineup and the Bills basically paying for Bengals lineman.

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is a lazy take-I think the Metcalf vs Ford debate has some merit, but Teller had shown nothing and people were excited that the Bills got anything done him 

A number of us liked Teller. He had shown flashes iirc. I understood the trade if he wasn't in our plans, but it doesn't look good in hindsight. 

Ah well, win some lose some