Jump to content
Alphadawg7

Hear me out: We could very well win out

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I don’t know why but I’m more worried about Patriots game then the dolphins 

 

Same. The Bills seem to matchup well against Miami. Even this years Pats team gave the Bills all they could handle. If not for a Newton fumble that game is either going to OT or the Pats win. I think the Bills can beat the Pats at NE but it will be a tough game especially in primetime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greg S said:

 

Same. The Bills seem to matchup well against Miami. Even this years Pats team gave the Bills all they could handle. If not for a Newton fumble that game is either going to OT or the Pats win. I think the Bills can beat the Pats at NE but it will be a tough game especially in primetime.

I could live with losing to Pittsburgh or even the 49’ers but we must beat the pats****** and the fish 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Putin said:

I could live with losing to Pittsburgh or even the 49’ers but we must beat the pats****** and the fish 

 

If they do that would mean a perfect 6-0 vs the AFCE. When was the last time the Bills went undefeated against the division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Niners and Patriots could go either way, and expecting a loss against Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be shocked at all if we drop all 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

santa claus GIF

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

 

So...in that order?

 

Thats a good laugh to me in that I just got corrected - rightly so - in a recent post.....we are loaded with frustrated HS English majors here!!!

54 minutes ago, rivie said:

1/2 the 49ers would be 24.5ers ;)

 

In addition to the frustrated HS English majors it now appears with have frustrated HS Math majors here too!!!  Can we get some History and PE majors to round it all out???

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’ve been looking at the schedule remaining, and there isn’t a game ahead we can’t win.  Does it mean we for sure win them all, of course not, but I don’t think it’s as crazy as some think to believe we go 5-1 or 6-0 down the stretch.  
 

Chargers:  Young promising QB makes them exciting or dangerous every week.  But they aren’t there yet and this should be a win as we are a better overall team and Allen should excel against that Chargers defense.  Fresh off a bye and healthy, I feel confident this will be a win.

 

29ers:  The team formerly known as the 49ers are basically half a team these days.  They are not gonna just roll over, but another game we are the better roster and clear favorite and feel confident in a win.

 

Steelers:  May be the least intimidating undefeated team this late in the season I’ve seen in a while.  They are a very good team, don’t get me wrong, and by far the toughest team remaining on our schedule.  But these guys are not always dominating and have shown to be vulnerable many weeks this year, even against lesser competition.  The defense isn’t as stout or feared as people believed coming into the season.  This will definitely be a major test for us, and I bet the Steelers will be the favorite, but I do like our chances to win this game.

 

Broncos:  I mean we are just the better team, that simple.  We should win this game.

 

Pats and Dolphins:  Divisional

foes are always tough no matter what the state of the teams are.  Add in both teams have been playing good football as of late, and it’s not easy to just pencil wins here.  But, I think we are still the better team over both and matchup well against both.  A lot is being made about Dolphins lately, but I still think they were more dangerous with Fitz than Tua.  Tua is the future and doing fine as the starter, but he isn’t there yet and I think we do better than most against mobile QBs.  So Tua is going to have to beat us with his arm and with the way Allen feasts on the Dolphins every game, I don’t think Tua can keep up with us in scoring.  
 

Im not predicting we win out, but for as much that has been made of our remaining schedule (especially compared to Dolphins), I’m not that uncomfortable with it and think we will still win at least 11 games, and 12 or 13 wins is still plausible despite some of the sky is falling thoughts around here.

 

I don't think it is crazy at all. I think we will end up 11-5. But 12 or 13 wins is not crazy.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’ve been looking at the schedule remaining, and there isn’t a game ahead we can’t win.  Does it mean we for sure win them all, of course not, but I don’t think it’s as crazy as some think to believe we go 5-1 or 6-0 down the stretch.  
 

Chargers:  Young promising QB makes them exciting or dangerous every week.  But they aren’t there yet and this should be a win as we are a better overall team and Allen should excel against that Chargers defense.  Fresh off a bye and healthy, I feel confident this will be a win.

 

29ers:  The team formerly known as the 49ers are basically half a team these days.  They are not gonna just roll over, but another game we are the better roster and clear favorite and feel confident in a win.

 

Steelers:  May be the least intimidating undefeated team this late in the season I’ve seen in a while.  They are a very good team, don’t get me wrong, and by far the toughest team remaining on our schedule.  But these guys are not always dominating and have shown to be vulnerable many weeks this year, even against lesser competition.  The defense isn’t as stout or feared as people believed coming into the season.  This will definitely be a major test for us, and I bet the Steelers will be the favorite, but I do like our chances to win this game.

 

Broncos:  I mean we are just the better team, that simple.  We should win this game.

 

Pats and Dolphins:  Divisional

foes are always tough no matter what the state of the teams are.  Add in both teams have been playing good football as of late, and it’s not easy to just pencil wins here.  But, I think we are still the better team over both and matchup well against both.  A lot is being made about Dolphins lately, but I still think they were more dangerous with Fitz than Tua.  Tua is the future and doing fine as the starter, but he isn’t there yet and I think we do better than most against mobile QBs.  So Tua is going to have to beat us with his arm and with the way Allen feasts on the Dolphins every game, I don’t think Tua can keep up with us in scoring.  
 

Im not predicting we win out, but for as much that has been made of our remaining schedule (especially compared to Dolphins), I’m not that uncomfortable with it and think we will still win at least 11 games, and 12 or 13 wins is still plausible despite some of the sky is falling thoughts around here.

 

It's definitely possible.  I feel better about most of these games than I did even a month ago.

My honest guess is that we go 4-2 down the stretch and finish 11-5.  

 

 

-  The Chargers are 2-7 with a rookie quarterback.  And we are coming off a bye.  Can't see us losing this.

 

-  I always felt the 49ers were a bad matchup against us.  But they have injuries all over the place.  No Jimmy G.  No George Kittle.  Their running game is struggling.  This has gone from one of the most difficult games on our schedule, to a game we absolutely should win.

 

-  The Steelers are easily the toughest team left on our schedule, and currently sit at 9-0.  They are well-balanced with a lot of weapons and a strong defense.  It's going to be a tough matchup.

 

-  The Broncos are 3-6.  They will probably have Drew Lock back by this point, but I still think we outmatch them.

 

-  My hope is that we have cleared the "mental hurdle" regarding the Patriots, and the next game won't be so close.  It will be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out.  Will the Pats get back into playoff talks?  Or will they be out of the  picture by the time Week 16 rolls around?  They play the Texans, Cardinals, Chargers, Rams and Dolphins.  Not exactly an easy schedule. 

 

-  The Dolphins upcoming slate is against the Broncos, Jets and Bengals.  So it's easy to see them getting to 9 wins before the final quarter, and them having the same record as the Bills after Week 14..  Their last four games are against the Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders and then the Bills.  Which is a little bit tougher than our last four.  The good news is that we have the edge in tie-breakers (won head-to-head, 4-0 in division).  So Miami needs a better record than us to win the AFC East.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the entire Phins/Chargers game from Sunday; the Bolt's special teams were abysmal, truly changing the course of the game.   Punter drops the snap (7 pts after the block) ; offside on Phin FG attempt (another 7 pts after auto 1st down) ; consistent breakdowns on both kick coverages ,etc etc.  Haven't seen much of other SD games, but if they repeat that train wreck a rested Bills team will make short work of them.   

 

I'm thinking Bills super competitive in all remaining games and go 4-2 over the last 6 games as anything can happen in terms of Covid, injuries, other things that simply cannot be predicted (eg. perfect hail mary plays) .  11-5 is an awesome accomplishment given the schedule and injury/opt out, no fans issues this year.  

Edited by ProcessTruster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but what about Miami. I mean, they're looking like the favorite to steal the division according to a... 

 

 

couple Miami fans around here.

 

 

I'm with you OP, any given Sunday!

 

 

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’ve been looking at the schedule remaining, and there isn’t a game ahead we can’t win.  Does it mean we for sure win them all, of course not, but I don’t think it’s as crazy as some think to believe we go 5-1 or 6-0 down the stretch.  
 

Chargers:  Young promising QB makes them exciting or dangerous every week.  But they aren’t there yet and this should be a win as we are a better overall team and Allen should excel against that Chargers defense.  Fresh off a bye and healthy, I feel confident this will be a win.

 

29ers:  The team formerly known as the 49ers are basically half a team these days.  They are not gonna just roll over, but another game we are the better roster and clear favorite and feel confident in a win.

 

Steelers:  May be the least intimidating undefeated team this late in the season I’ve seen in a while.  They are a very good team, don’t get me wrong, and by far the toughest team remaining on our schedule.  But these guys are not always dominating and have shown to be vulnerable many weeks this year, even against lesser competition.  The defense isn’t as stout or feared as people believed coming into the season.  This will definitely be a major test for us, and I bet the Steelers will be the favorite, but I do like our chances to win this game.

 

Broncos:  I mean we are just the better team, that simple.  We should win this game.

 

Pats and Dolphins:  Divisional

foes are always tough no matter what the state of the teams are.  Add in both teams have been playing good football as of late, and it’s not easy to just pencil wins here.  But, I think we are still the better team over both and matchup well against both.  A lot is being made about Dolphins lately, but I still think they were more dangerous with Fitz than Tua.  Tua is the future and doing fine as the starter, but he isn’t there yet and I think we do better than most against mobile QBs.  So Tua is going to have to beat us with his arm and with the way Allen feasts on the Dolphins every game, I don’t think Tua can keep up with us in scoring.  
 

Im not predicting we win out, but for as much that has been made of our remaining schedule (especially compared to Dolphins), I’m not that uncomfortable with it and think we will still win at least 11 games, and 12 or 13 wins is still plausible despite some of the sky is falling thoughts around here.

 

People are overlooking this Chargers team because of their record and preseason expectations. But their largest loss is 8 points to Miami and 7 points to Tampa. Every other loss has been 4 points or less. They are a good team who is figuring out how to close out games and we have a difficult time in the 3rd Quarter. 

This match up is actually not great for Buffalo. They are both teams who play a lot of incomplete games, Buffalo is just further along in their process than LA at the moment. Who ever plays the more complete game will win. Given our third quarter woes, I would not be so quick say us, let alone winning out. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course we could.  The Bills are a top team with a top QB.  Bills have flaws but so does every other team.  It's unrealistic to think we will win out but it certainly is possible.  It's much more likely they go 6-0 or 5-1 than they would go 3-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Hear, hear!

 

Credibility took a bit of a hit there, for sure.  (Edit: it happens to all of us, for sure.)        

 

Get healthy over the bye, win the NEXT game. Never looking beyond the next game is how I prefer to operate, personally. 

Edited by Augie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NewEra said:

We can. I don’t think we will.  I think we’ll have 2 more losses somewhere along the way

Yes - going 4-2 in the last part of the season would be great.  Just get into the play-offs and we've got a good shot!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NewEra said:

We can. I don’t think we will.  I think we’ll have 2 more losses somewhere along the way

 

11-5 and the division title?

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfkM9dsxNrJfmTGyuwM4y

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

The 49ers, will be a tought game. They have a very physical team on both sides of the trenches. Big test for us. 

 

Love the positivity though and it's not that improbable to be honest.

Edited by HomeTeam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...