Bad coaching bringing this team down

Cal

Just now, Codyny13 said:

And away we go...from the high of the Seattle game to depths of Arizona...fire everyone.  🤷🏼‍♂️

The Bills coaching, especially in the 3rd quarter is historically bad.  With this coaching staff a first round playoff win will always be the ceiling.  

2 minutes ago, Cal said:

Yeah. Cause it could of went worse. Lol. You will see next time we are in that situation. They will put someone back there. Davis is probably the best option. 

If you polled 10,000 NFL players and coaches and said you got Hyde, Poyer and White on a Hail Mary covering Hopkins jump ball would you substitute an offensive player in there? ZERO would take a substitute, those are our 3 best defenders and you would expect they’d make a play on the ball. Just didn’t happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Cal said:

We have the talent and the player comradery you need. McDermott is just to soft and it shows with all the penalties not to mention makes bone head decisions. Good coaches put a tall player back there like Belichick did with Gronkowski to knock the ball down. Poyer, Tre, etc got as high as they could not their fault. Wasn't enough.

We should of put Davis or Knox back there. Frazier has the d at the bottom of the league and Dabbol with his college plays are not aggressive enough. Its unfortunate.

I agree that coaching, esp. on D, and particularly the inability to adjust and basically had a quarter of a game to the other team is a HUGE ISSUE.  However, Poyer and Tre should have made that play.  Although I would have liked to see Davis back there.  

Great take.  I am learning so much on this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Inexcusable loss. 50 years and counting.  Same old Bills. One soul crushing loss after another.  Phins and Cards rebuild in a year. Christ. Good teams with good coaches don't lose that game. I just have no faith that this team is going anywhere.  

Well they are going to the playoffs.  Enjoy the coaching that is taking us there!  LOL. 

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Bills fans can really be the worst sometimes. After every loss they think they know and talk talk talk. Give the keyboard a break and do something else until the Chargers game.

Always find comments like this interesting. History hasn't been kind to us fans so we've learned to expect the worst. We just use these forums to vent out our frustration  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Inexcusable loss. 50 years and counting.  Same old Bills. One soul crushing loss after another.  Phins and Cards rebuild in a year. Christ. Good teams with good coaches don't lose that game. I just have no faith that this team is going anywhere.  

We beat the Dolphins. And the Cardinals have sucked for a long time.

We aren't allowed any losses in a season? Seems we have to win them all or fans start crying themselves to sleep...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Bills fans can really be the worst sometimes. After every loss they think they know and talk talk talk. Give the keyboard a break and do something else until the Chargers game.

It's not just Bills fans. It happens with all teams fans. People sometimes overreact. It's normal.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Knox? Knox????? He would have tipped the ball to Hopkins, interfered with him, bonked his head and contracted the Mumps all within 6 seconds. The dude is a walking pandemic. 

also 2 dumb penalties that stopped Bills drives. I think he isn't that bright.

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

If you polled 10,000 NFL players and coaches and said you got Hyde, Poyer and White on a Hail Mary covering Hopkins jump ball would you substitute an offensive player in there? ZERO would take a substitute, those are our 3 best defenders and you would expect they’d make a play on the ball. Just didn’t happen. 

Poyer came in late and knocked a Bills defender off the ball.  Certainly helped hopkins.  They showed him after the game you could tell he was sick about it.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Lol. Didnt the cards just lose last week? Edit: Don't they both also have worse records?

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

It's not just Bills fans. It happens with all teams fans. People sometimes overreact. It's normal.

True, but I visit other fans boards quite a bit just to read, we are especially venomous and turn on the players and coaches in an instant.

Edited by What a Tuel

9 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Blame my friends who have game pass but have watched three games live this year guess which ones

To me it just comes down to some days you get breaks and others you don't.

Imo the Bills got a break with the pass interference call to win the Rams game.  Today the Cardinals got a break and lucky by completing a Hail Mary.  

I'm not gonna lose sleep over it 

12 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Cards are in a rebuild year???  NFC division leaders??