Bad coaching bringing this team down

Cal

32 minutes ago, Murdox said:

I do think the Bills need to run more.  The run game looked promising against the Cards but we didn't run enough.

I  agree with this completely!  We don't run enough to even keep a defense honest. Our runs appear to be token runs and aren't used to set up anything.   I so pissed right now because we could have iced this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The object of that hail mary was to

#1 Make a near impossible catch

OR

#2 Draw pass interference.

So don't be to tough on the boys, the Cards got lucky

I agree with this and it is why I am disappointed that we did not send an extra body to keep Kyler in the pocket. He needs guys to get downfield at the end of the game there and we allowed him time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cal said:

We have the talent and the player comradery you need. McDermott is just to soft and it shows with all the penalties not to mention makes bone head decisions. Good coaches put a tall player back there like Belichick did with Gronkowski to knock the ball down. Poyer, Tre, etc got as high as they could not their fault. Wasn't enough.

We should of put Davis or Knox back there. Frazier has the d at the bottom of the league and Dabbol with his college plays are not aggressive enough. Its unfortunate.

It wasn’t the last play of the game.  You don’t put your receivers out there until you know it’s Hail Mary time.  If they completed a pass to the 20 and those receivers missed a tackle, like Gronk did, then how would you feel.  

We had exactly the players we wanted in coverage. They simply got beat by a hell of a play 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Great take.  I am learning so much on this thread. 

Well they are going to the playoffs.  Enjoy the coaching that is taking us there!  LOL. 

I have no faith we can go anywhere in the playoffs. Now I'm just watching the Phinns catching us.

52 minutes ago, MJS said:

We beat the Dolphins. And the Cardinals have sucked for a long time.

We aren't allowed any losses in a season? Seems we have to win them all or fans start crying themselves to sleep...

That loss was inexcusable.  

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We must have the most talented team ever assembled if bad coaching has us at 7-3 at the bye.

Daboll has been brilliant.

MCD/Frazier not so much IMO.

Luckily it’s 2020 and offence trumps all, so I would rather Daboll be excellent rather than Frazier.

No, they did their rebuild last year getting Murry and signing elite talent. Nobody on our D is close to elite. As for coaches, even bad ones would have had some size, Dawson Knox at least, in the endzone ala Gronk to stop a hail Mary. This was a pathetic loss. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Daboll has been brilliant.

MCD/Frazier not so much IMO.

Luckily it’s 2020 and offence trumps all, so I would rather Daboll be excellent rather than Frazier.

Shame it has to be one or the other.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cal said:

We have the talent and the player comradery you need. McDermott is just to soft and it shows with all the penalties not to mention makes bone head decisions. Good coaches put a tall player back there like Belichick did with Gronkowski to knock the ball down. Poyer, Tre, etc got as high as they could not their fault. Wasn't enough.

We should of put Davis or Knox back there. Frazier has the d at the bottom of the league and Dabbol with his college plays are not aggressive enough. Its unfortunate.

How’d it work out for Belichick when he put Gronk back there in that game at Miami a few years back?