Josh Allen - Most Elusive QB in the NFL

MJS

What I love about Allen's elusiveness is that he combines the typical Athletic QB using speed and cuts to avoid hits, but he also is developing Brady's technique of seemingly barely moving at all and seeing people miss all around him.  I think that combination is kind of unique, and its starting to look instinctual to him

• Like (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Someone smarter than me, ( that would be the rest of you)  should put together a list of every stat that Josh is top five in, I’m guessing it’s a long list, oh and send a copy to pfff, not that they will comprehend it’s meaning... 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

What I love about Allen's elusiveness is that he combines the typical Athletic QB using speed and cuts to avoid hits, but he also is developing Brady's technique of seemingly barely moving at all and seeing people miss all around him.  I think that combination is kind of unique, and its starting to look instinctual to him

Also, he's just super strong. He isn't always just eluding defenders. He's throwing them off of him and breaking tackles and sacks.

Pretty hard for defenders to deal with. He's big, athletic and mobile, can break through tackles, AND he's smart and can maneuver in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Surprising to see Matt Ryan so high. The rest of those guys are pretty mobile.

I think it also has to do with how they step up in the pocket & slip initial pressure. 

I know I usually think of their ability to run, but slipping tackles & moving around in the pocket to create space & avoid sacks is probably factored in. 

21 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I think it also has to do with how they step up in the pocket & slip initial pressure. 

I know I usually think of their ability to run, but slipping tackles & moving around in the pocket to create space & avoid sacks is probably factored in. 

Well that's exactly what it is. I just didn't know Matt Ryan was that good at it compared to those other guys who are more agile.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Someone smarter than me, ( that would be the rest of you)  should put together a list of every stat that Josh is top five in, I’m guessing it’s a long list, oh and send a copy to pfff, not that they will comprehend it’s meaning... 

Go Bills!!!

well, you are smarter than PFF.  😂😏😇👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, MJS said:

Also, he's just super strong. He isn't always just eluding defenders. He's throwing them off of him and breaking tackles and sacks.

Pretty hard for defenders to deal with. He's big, athletic and mobile, can break through tackles, AND he's smart and can maneuver in the pocket.

I was thinking this myself as I read this thread. I wonder if they count face-palming a defender into the carpet as "evading" the defender.

See angry run Week #2 vs. the Phish (starts at 4:10 mark or so):

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

I was thinking this myself as I read this thread. I wonder if they count face-palming a defender into the carpet as "evading" the defender.

See angry run Week #2 vs. the Phish (starts at 4:10 mark or so):

I'm pretty sure they do count that.

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

But Mercury is in Retrograde, and Momson (or whatever his name is) likes our Josh now

5 hours ago, MJS said:

I think that it may not mean what one thinks....it's talking about mobility behind the LOS, evading pressure and making a pass, right?

So it's actually a sign of a mobile QB who does not get *too* mobile.  Ryan is pretty shifty in the pocket and makes guys miss.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that it may not mean what one thinks....it's talking about mobility behind the LOS, evading pressure and making a pass, right?

So it's actually a sign of a mobile QB who does not get *too* mobile.  Ryan is pretty shifty in the pocket and makes guys miss.

I understand that. But there's no denying that mobile QB's are more agile and able to evade defenders in the backfield better than your traditional pocket QB's. I don't watch Ryan much at all, so I was unaware that he was elusive in the pocket.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Mobility doesn't mean fast sometimes.  Tom Brady is one of the best mobile qbs ever and runs like a 3 month old great dane.  Its about moving in the pocket and avoiding the rush.   Ryan, Manning and Brady are some of the best ever at it.  

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But Mercury is in Retrograde, and Momson (or whatever his name is) likes our Josh now

Momson lies... 😂

47 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Is the Cardinals fan base really that much larger than the Bills? I feel the Cardinals fan base is not nearly as devoted as the Bills. But that could also just be my fan bias showing. 

I believe it is. They have been all over the darn country and I guarantee there are residual fans. 

Devotion? Possibly not. 

6 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Is the Cardinals fan base really that much larger than the Bills? I feel the Cardinals fan base is not nearly as devoted as the Bills. But that could also just be my fan bias showing. 

I don't know if their "Core" fan base is as big as ours, but they have A LOT of retirement transplants in AZ (Hi mom and Dad) who have adopted the Cards as their team.

• Like (+1) 1