Holy crap Daboll interview

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/brain-daboll-this-dude-s-buffalo

So much for the objective coach-player relationship....wow.  That's some stuff there.

In case anyone wondered what kind of relationship Daboll and Josh have, that really laid it out.

For those who don't get a lot out of McDermott's interview, by the way, Daboll has become by far the most interesting and intriguing of the coaching interviews.  I would call it a "must watch"

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So much for the objective coach-player relationship....wow.  That's some stuff there.

In case anyone wondered what kind of relationship Daboll and Josh have, that really laid it out.

Can't watch now =( Any chance you can give a small summary?

Its been mentioned all season, even yesterday nationally..how great of a job Daboll has done with Josh. Obviously they respect each other and care about each other deeply and it shows with results on the field.

Daboll will get a head coaching offer this offseason...assuming the Bills don’t completely implode.  He’s a lock (if he wants to be a head coach) 

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Can't watch now =( Any chance you can give a small summary?

he loves Josh as a person and a football player. 

Josh is Selfless 

I only got 10 minutes in.  

I didn’t have the time for the full 30 minutes

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Its been mentioned all season, even yesterday nationally..how great of a job Daboll has done with Josh. Obviously they respect each other and care about each other deeply and it shows with results on the field.

Daboll will get a head coaching offer this offseason...assuming the Bills don’t completely implode.  He’s a lock (if he wants to be a head coach) 

Yes he probably will get offers and everyone has given their opinions on it.

I'm sticking with mine that Daboll wants a SB ring with the Bills and he is going to give that a couple years more.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 9

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

i guess there maybe about 5 HC spots in the league and the top 5 media candidates will probably be:

1. KC Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy

2. Michigan HC: John Harbaugh

3. Oklahoma HC: Lincoln Reilly

4. 49ers DC: Robert Saleh

5. Ravens OC: Greg Roman

I just hope daboll stays with Allen as long as possible at this point.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Unless they lose another game, of course...and then he is the worst OC in the leauge! :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Pretty cool interview. The raw emotions and feelings are great, easily the single thing I love the most about this team. Everything is genuine. 

As much as everyone gives McDermott crap, he’s installed something like this. That word love has serious meaning there. He said in 2017 he was building the team, the culture, the organization on LOVE. 

Then you hear one of his top lieutenants preaching that in a candid interview. It’s not just lip service people. The behavior, the attitude, the people... they’re all an extension of what McDermott is putting in place. Don’t let his steady hand fool you... he’s not dumb... he knows EXACTLY what he is doing. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For those who don't get a lot out of McDermott's interview, by the way, Daboll has become by far the most interesting and intriguing of the coaching interviews.  I would call it a "must watch"

Good ole brain! 

5 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Not that this is even a possibility at this point, but I'd rather keep Daboll over McDermott if one has to go. I think in time, keeping the Clapmaster while letting Daboll walk will end up looking like a foolish decision.

Daboll's obviously awesome but this is ridiculous.  How could it ever look like a "foolish decision" to keep your winning HC instead of firing him and promoting the OC?  Even if it were possible that would destroy the locker room irrevocably.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Daboll will be on the list for interviews. I’m not sure he’s gonna get a job as head coach yet. I’m sure he’s more than capable, I’m not a big fan of his play calling a lot of times but he seems to have that leader of men mentality that players want to play for and most coaches don’t have. It’ll be interesting to see how many jobs are available vs the candidates that emerge. I think barring a big turnaround Roman is probably out of the head coach conversation. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

i guess there maybe about 5 HC spots in the league and the top 5 media candidates will probably be:

1. KC Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy

2. Michigan HC: John Harbaugh

3. Oklahoma HC: Lincoln Reilly

4. 49ers DC: Robert Saleh

5. Ravens OC: Greg Roman

I just hope daboll stays with Allen as long as possible at this point.

Does anyone really think Bieniemy is calling plays for Reid?

• Like (+1) 1