This Bill is my 'secret' MVP for the 1st half of the season

PUNT750

Yup, DW has been quietly doing his job, and very well at that. 
Fans tend to not give enough credit to O line players, they are as a players group, the second most important on any team, can’t effectively run plays or win games without them doing what they do.  We all know the old saying, “ the game is won and lost in the trenches “ it holds true to this very day. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Our tackles have both played great this season, along with Mitch Morse in the middle.

Overall, I think our pass blocking has been incredible.  Pressure on the QB has not been a significant problem at any point this season.

The weak spots have been our guards in the run game (up until the Patriots game).  Getting back Jon Feliciano was huge.

Unfortunately, the moment Feliciano comes back... Morse gets a concussion and becomes a question mark going forward.

If we can get Morse back, I think the last question becomes whether we roll with Cody Ford or Ike Boettger at the Left Guard spot.

7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Won the Patriots game by himself?  He kicked one chip shot and a few XPs.

But he didn't miss ;)

Andre Roberts seven really good games one clunker Titans......good choice.

Williams also a good choice.

But I will go with the Shnowman as my unsung hero..... its always good when a guy gets paid and lives up to his new deal :) 

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Disagree on roberts. He single handedly lost the titans game pretty much.

I wouldn't say singlehandedly but he was the first ***** in the armor.  Granted a big ***** but there were a few other moments of implosion that weren't his fault.  I get what you are alluding too tho.

But you need to factor in his returns that have flipped the field that normally would have lead to the 3 and out.  The good with the one bad moment, well 2 if you count that unexplainable non catch that lead to a very long field for the Bills....forget the game.

48 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Our tackles have both played great this season, along with Mitch Morse in the middle.

Overall, I think our pass blocking has been incredible.  Pressure on the QB has not been a significant problem at any point this season.

Did you decide to exclude the Titans game? 

17 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I wouldn't say singlehandedly but he was the first ***** in the armor.  Granted a big ***** but there were a few other moments of implosion that weren't his fault.  I get what you are alluding too tho.

But you need to factor in his returns that have flipped the field that normally would have lead to the 3 and out.  The good with the one bad moment, well 2 if you count that unexplainable non catch that lead to a very long field for the Bills....forget the game.

Roberts the return man can be on the list, Roberts as a WR is a Daboll brain fart.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'm not clear what a "secret MVP" is. If it's about the same as an MVP, I'd disagree strongly.

But he really has been an excellent pickup. He's done a fine job and you're right, he doesn't get mentioned, for all the right reasons.

If he tells you, it's not a secret 🤯

8 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Daryl Williams.  6'6, 330 lbs. playing at Right Tackle.

Yes, he's a Carolina Panther 'import'.  He has played very solid at RT protecting Josh and also hustling all over the field  to finish plays. 

I haven't heard anyone bad mouth him all season.  He allowed the Bills to revamp the OL by moving Ford to Guard.

GO BILLS!

I mentioned it in another thread (it’s buried somewhere).  Our OT play has been a real bright spot this season.  Hats off to both Dawkins and Williams.  While the OG play hasn’t been all that good, the OTs and Morse have been giving us quality play.  I hope Feliciano helps the OG play improve and that Morse gets back, or at worst that Mongo at C holds the line steady.

9 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Daryl Williams.  6'6, 330 lbs. playing at Right Tackle.

Yes, he's a Carolina Panther 'import'.  He has played very solid at RT protecting Josh and also hustling all over the field  to finish plays. 

I haven't heard anyone bad mouth him all season.  He allowed the Bills to revamp the OL by moving Ford to Guard.

GO BILLS!

I can agree with that.  He has definitely elevated the level of play at RT.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We'd be 2-6 at best without Josh Allen.  He's the MVP of this team.  BTW....I have no clue what secret mvp means.

Allen is the reason we are leading the NFL in 3d down conversions.  His runs to the chains are what is kicking up the Bills percentage on that.  Of course, his arm is the big reason, and his, now, apparently, good judgement.  AND, he has shown he is coachable.........a BIG plus.

46 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Williams has been very good.

My silent MVP would be Beasley.  He has made several drive extending catches that have won games.

Playing at a high level when hurt as well.  Guttsy guy imho