[Vague Title] last 4 games

dbfla10

How does everyone feel if Josh Allen continues to play the way he has the last 4games. Basically just an average qb who still has the tendency to make a boneheaded plays (like running out of bounds instead of throwing ball away) along with turning the ball over.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dbfla10 said:

How does everyone feel if Josh Allen continues to play the way he has the last 4games. Basically just an average qb who still has the tendency to make a boneheaded plays (like running out of bounds instead of throwing ball away) along with turning the ball over.

He really only has one turnover that I put on him in those four: 

1. Ten #1, Roberts fault

2. Ten #2, Josh’s fault

3. KC INT, Just a desperation heave. Hard to fault him. 
4. NYJ fumble, Daryl Williams said “please sir, have my QB.”  Could have held it better,  but barely had time to see it coming.

5. NE INT, seems like Diggs ran the wrong route. 

Furthermore, how bad has Allen been? We’ve seen defenses adjust and sell out to stop our mid-deep passing. They could because we couldn’t run. He played poorly in the Chiefs game, played well enough to win the titans game (one stupid mistake), played well in the jets game, though it was quirky, and did exactly what they wanted him to do against the pats. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

He was trying to throw the ball away, but his foot was 2 inches out of bounds when he threw it.  Likely he thought that last step, he'd still be in bounds.  The int appeared to be more on Diggs than Allen.

Conditions weren't  the best  this week for throwing first off so OK with running more.  After week 4, teams figured out  they needed to stop Allen from throwing deep and they did.  So the only thing left was underneath throws and running the ball which wasn't working at all.    If they can keep running like they did this week, teams will need to again respect the run and not play as many deep which will open up the passing game again. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

1. Ten #1, Roberts fault

2. Ten #2, Josh’s fault

4. NYJ fumble, Daryl Williams said “please sir, have my QB.”  Could have held it better,  but barely had time to see it coming.

Furthermore, how bad has Allen been? We’ve seen defenses adjust and sell out to stop our mid-deep passing. They could because we couldn’t run. He played poorly in the Chiefs game, played well enough to win the titans game (one stupid mistake), played well in the jets game, though it was quirky, and did exactly what they wanted him to do against the pats. 

Other QB's & moreso OC's figure it out.

This is on Dabol.  When Defenses adjust so do Offenses.  I hate these stupid takes.  

I can't stand either how it is always Buffalo needing to adapt & slow to do so.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

1. Ten #1, Roberts fault

2. Ten #2, Josh’s fault

This.  I don't think Allen has played poorly at all these last four games.  I'm not a Josh Allen apologist at all, in fact I would consider myself one of his harsher critics who hated the pick.  

The strides Allen has made this year have been tremendous, and they aren't flash-in-the-pan type of improvements either.  He has legitimately worked his but off, and it's paying dividends in full.  These last four games, defenses are eliminating the deep ball and making Allen beat them with the short and intermediate stuff.  And in my opinion, Allen has demonstrated excellent patience, progressing through his reads, and smartly going to his 2nd, 3rd, 4th and check-down options.  He hasn't been quick to just tuck it and run like years past.  He's been happy to dink-and-dunk and just take what the defense gives him. Let's also not forget that for the past four weeks he's been without his #2 WR and fastest deep burner, his starting TE, and his line has been patchwork since week 2 basically.  Like drought pointed out, pretty much all of the INTs haven't really been his to blame.

Josh Allen is playing fine.  If you ask me I'd even go as far as to say I've been impressed with how he's handled these past four weeks.  Has every game been pretty? No.  Has he made mistakes? Sure, what QB doesn't?  But I am very happy with who we have behind center, and the beautiful thing is this kid hasn't even come close to reaching his full potential.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jobot said:

You do realize that opposing defensive game plans and the rest of the team somewhat influence a quarterback's statistics, right..?

No man. We didn't win by 20, Josh didn't throw for 300+. He's ineffective. 

Never mind the fact that Dabol himself said they practiced 2 passing plays on Friday.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

I love the comparisons to weeks 1-4 where they say he's turnover prone again! 1 INT was literally dropped by roberts, and another was down 2 scores with less than 2 minutes left (had no effect on the outcome of the game). 

I remember xavien howard saying he had allen's number, and they'd reference the 2 INT game.  One was a halftime hail mary bro, congrats.  Context is important.

8 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

If Allen continues to play this way we will be lucky to win another game this season especially given the defensive shortcomings that likely aren't going to improve the rest of the way barring a flurry of unlikely trades today.

My biggest concern with Allen is he looks like he doesn't even care and is just going through the motions out there vs the high level of energy and swagger he seemed to have the first month of the season.

And yes leaving the pocket too soon when there's no pressure and not being able to read coverages is what doomed him the last 2 years and not something that's going to change 3 years into his NFL career.

Please don't change

42 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I love the comparisons to weeks 1-4 where they say he's turnover prone again! 1 INT was literally dropped by roberts, and another was down 2 scores with less than 2 minutes left (had no effect on the outcome of the game). 

I remember xavien howard saying he had allen's number, and they'd reference the 2 INT game.  One was a halftime hail mary bro, congrats.  Context is important.

And another INT was a miscommunication with Diggs.

And of course we have the early season INT that actually WASN'T an INT.

I don't have a problem with Allen's turnovers this year. Flukes and miscommunication. But unfortunately they all count.