[Vague Title] last 4 games

dbfla10

19 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Allen looked great the first 4 weeks...The problem is that in 3 of his last 4 games the arrow has pointed downwards, not just in production but the aforementioned flaws others have pointed out.

Even the jets game felt very hollow despite the 300 yard outing because of how bad the offense as a whole looked and couldn't score a TD against the worst team in the league in which other teams make it look easy against (see KC last week against the Jets).

I still think the bigger issue with Allen is coaching, specifically Daboll. But then again maybe Daboll is calling specific plays (i.e downfield shots) and Allen isn't executing them.

And they played two of the best teams in the league and had two bad weather games.

You've shown to be quite a miserable poster here. And I KNOW that if we beat the Seahawks you'll still focus on the negatives and make excuses for the OTHER team. That's who you are.

Last two games a total of 3 punts. That to me says the offense is moving the chains, but then self destruct at key times.  Admittedly a couple of those bad plays were on Allen, but overall Allen is gaining yards, just having a little more trouble getting TD's than we did earlier.

If the running game can continue doing what it did this past week, that should help reopen the passing game more.

4 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

How does everyone feel if Josh Allen continues to play the way he has the last 4games. Basically just an average qb who still has the tendency to make a boneheaded plays (like running out of bounds instead of throwing ball away) along with turning the ball over.

Its a long season.  Josh Allen gives us a chance to win every week.  The guy is a gamer.  He is still getting better.  Will he end up being Brady Manning Favre or Rodgers?  Probably not.  But he still has a high ceiling, and loves to compete.  Seriously would you rather have Carson Wentz Nick Foles or Mitch Trubisky?  

One thing about Allen is you have to take the long view. That's not an easy thing to do in this era of results or bust QBing but he just isn't like the other QBs given his history (or lack thereof). He still requires some kid gloves at times from an evaluation standpoint. 

I don't agree with the posters washing away his (at times) bad play over the last month. You can blame some of the turnovers on his teammates but he's had a bunch of near misses that easily could've been turnovers, and his (delayed) decision making vs. Pats really stood out. He still has a ways to go. 

I didn't think he'd get to be this good so he's already proven me wrong and I'm ecstatic to admit that because it means we have a QB. Let's let this thing play out a little longer to see if he can continue finding counters to good coaching like he's faced in three of the last four weeks. 

Edited by VW82

5 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

How does everyone feel if Josh Allen continues to play the way he has the last 4games. Basically just an average qb who still has the tendency to make a boneheaded plays (like running out of bounds instead of throwing ball away) along with turning the ball over.

Josh was bad against Tenn, the KC game was elements and zero defense. The Jets and Patriots, he moved the ball up and down and couldn't make up for dumb penalties leading to FGs. Bottom line, 6 out of 8 games he's all you need to get a home game in the playoffs. 

Josh is the MVP of this team.  The Bills would be in huge trouble if it wasn’t for him.   I very happy with where he is at.  No complaints.   He actually played decent against Tenn.  if that is his floor I would take it.

I’m not convinced he is 100% after the Raiders game.   But maybe no starting QB is 100% at this point in the season.

If Gabe makes that catch against NE, not have that weak illegal formation penalty in the Jet game and Roberts hauls in that pass in the Tenn game we probably wouldn’t be having this discussion.