Gameday Thread PreGame Week 8 Bills vs Patriots

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Josh could throw the ball 100 yards downwind today 

I think the media has been searching for a good nickname for Josh for a few years now. That throw would cement him as “Uncle Rico“ henceforth.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

Im sure it has been covered here already ad nauseam, but if youre McD and Frazier you stack the damn box and you force Cam to beat you through the air. I would rather have Cam and the pats score a TD on a 60yd bomb that takes 10 seconds than for the Pats to have 15 play drives after drives where they get 6ypc rushing and scoring TD’s. 

stack the damn box. Sell out on the run. If they beat you once with a big play dont go into a shell. Continue to stack the box. Make cam do it via the passing game over and over again. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Damn weather. We should foot-stomp these chumps, but of course...weather.  

Despite the fact that God is a Buffalo Bills fan, He really messes with us a lot doesn’t He?

Edited by MiltonWaddams

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I was actually looking forward to Epenesa playing today too. Thought he could do some damage 

Did anyone hear the Iowa fan who called into the pregame show this morning and predicted epenesa would end up getting 15 sacks/yr. He must be so disappointed by this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

The weather is ruining my life.

For 20 years, we wanted bad weather as an equalizer.  I remember mostly sunny, calm days for Pats games.

We finally have the better passing game - by a million miles - and we get this....

no worries.

Troy Aikman Says 1 NFL QB Has Strongest Arm He’s Ever Seen

Former Dallas quarterback Troy Aikman said on Sunday night that Allen has the strongest arm he’s ever seen.

It’s not a good look when your hope for the Bills’ 2nd round pass rusher is a solid rotational player- someday...there were plenty of other prospects on the board that could have been starting right now...what a waste...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

image.thumb.png.5d869480ef76ec478d99912f3f26a237.png

Epenesa inactive, I did not see that coming.

Brandin Bryant, guy the Bills signed to their practice squad mid-September, gets the go.  Insurance in case Jefferson can't make it all game?

I'm confused - Wiki describes him as a DE but he's listed on Buffalobills.com as a DT.  Anyone got any info on this guy?

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

I bet they're keeping AJ out because they're focusing on run defense. 

I’m not sure that would be the right call. He’s the fastest defensive end they have and has shown good ability to stop players in the backfield.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s not a good look when your hope for the Bills’ 2nd round pass rusher is a solid rotational player...there were plenty of other prospects on the board that could have been starting right now...what a waste...

I thought we got steals w/ both him & Edmunds.

Obviously, both are still very young and can emerge as the guys we thought they'd be.  But it's been pretty tough sledding to this point.

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I bet they're keeping AJ out because they're focusing on run defense. 

I'm thinking that's why Murphy is active, but that Epenesa is inactive because they wanted an extra DT (assuming that's how they view Bryant)

Edit: to me it's almost like Beane is continually challenging McDermott and Frazier "you sure you ain't got that 1TDT you need on the roster already?  you sure?"

Perhaps I'm mis-remembering but I can't recall so many PS elevations on DL.

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

All very true... The Bills should dominate this years Patriots team and pound them into sand!

Except, this is a DIVISION game and anything can happen in one of those. The Raiders went into KC and beat the best team in the league in the SB champions from last season. The Chargers also went into KC and gave them everything they could handle winning 23-20. This, with a rookie QB starting in his very first game and looking like anything but a rookie. 22 of 33 for 311 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. That game was tied at the end and the Chiefs needed OT to win. 

The Bills need to take this 2-4 Patriots team seriously and not look past them to the 5-1 Seahawks next week. The Buffalo Bills need this game like a dying man in the desert needs water. The Bills schedule is brutal with Seattle, Arizona, BYE, Chargers, 49ers, Steelers in a very tough 5 game upcoming stretch. 

Not only that, this game is redemption for two decades of domination by the New England Patriots over the Buffalo Bills. The Bills really, really need to turn that page.

GO BILLS!

Spot on and I expect "the process" to have the team focused, prepared and executing today.

I, on the other hand, am just an old crotchety fan who can sit on my couch and begin celebrating the big reckoning early. Bourbon sipping begins at noon in anticipation of the @$$-whoopin' our beloved Bills are going to lay on these past-tense Patriots.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.5d869480ef76ec478d99912f3f26a237.png

Epenesa inactive, I did not see that coming.

Brandin Bryant, guy the Bills signed to their practice squad mid-September, gets the go.  Insurance in case Jefferson can't make it all game?

I'm confused - Wiki describes him as a DE but he's listed on Buffalobills.com as a DT.  Anyone got any info on this guy?

Read some things on him yesterday. He's a DT and, despite his size, is fairly stout against the run.  He's up today for obvious reasons...

weather is really not good news for us. our offense is not built  to play in rough conditions, we saw this in the cheifs game. we like the spread the field and pass ball. Patriots will try to run down our throats and control the clock. 

This is why buffalo needs to build a dome. 

Edited by Penfield45
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

weather is really not good news for us. our offense is not built  to play in rough conditions, we saw this in the cheifs game. we like the spread the field and pass ball. Patriots will try to run down our throats and control the clock. 

This is why buffalo needs to build a dome. 

Josh Allen was drafted to play in this weather... don't give me that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1