Stephon Gilmore knee injury potential?

Seasons1992

Very interesting... I suspect there is more under the surface here.  He happens to "tweak" his knee in practice at the same time trade rumors are floating around about him.  It is well documented in other threads that analysts are saying he is not putting his body on the line in games, film shows him avoiding big hits etc.  Could be entirely coincidental, but I feel like he is out the door in NE.  Silent battle going on between him and Belichik right now.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Very interesting... I suspect there is more under the surface here.  He happens to "tweak" his knee in practice at the same time trade rumors are floating around about him.  It is well documented in other threads that analysts are saying he is not putting his body on the line in games, film shows him avoiding big hits etc.  Could be entirely coincidental, but I feel like he is out the door in NE.  Silent battle going on between him and Belichik right now.

Couldn't agree more. Plus he put his house up for sale. 

Y'all still predicting 60 mph wind tunnel shenanigans up in Buffalo?

Would be an amazing game to not have our semi-regular occurrence of home field weather destroying our home field advantage with New England potentially having a QB with no arm, no WRs and no Gilmore. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

This was the first thing I thought when I saw the report. 

13 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Well he shied away from BIG hits his whole career!!  Nothing new there......nothing at all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Y'all still predicting 60 mph wind tunnel shenanigans up in Buffalo?

Would be an amazing game to not have our semi-regular occurrence of home field weather destroying our home field advantage with New England potentially having a QB with no arm, no WRs and no Gilmore. 

20-30, maybe gusts at 40.  I'll see what happens when the game starts.  My guess is that it isn't as bad as the reports are saying.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Well he shied away from BIG hits his whole career!!  Nothing new there......nothing at all

Haha yes that is true, he was certainly never one to get his nose dirty or deliver big hits and I probably should have clarified.  That is not what people are alarmed about when looking at his film.  His effort this year, particularly in tackling the last few weeks, is noticeably different than his play with the pats the last few years.  This is not just random opinion from a Bills fan, analysts and Pats fans, including Bruschi and others who have watched every Pat's game film intently over the last few years, have been screaming about this for weeks. It it is well documented in other threads.  It is obvious when you watch the film, Gilmore is halfway out the door. the suspicion is that contract talks didn't go well behind the scenes with Belichik and he knows he won't be there long so why put his body on the line.  Neither Gilmore or Belichik would ever air it out in the public, not their style, so this theory actually makes a ton of sense.

17 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Looks like he will sit on Sunday waiting for the trade to.....

This exactly. 

48 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I have faith Josh will be able to throw the ball.  I have no faith that cam will.  

Have a spy on cam and stop the run and we win. 

Belicheat is like “I’ve been doing this for years, a spy cam and stop the run, beats the Bills every time” 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

If Gilmore doesn’t play it should open up some opportunities for us, fingers crossed he’s done in NE. 

2 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Highly doubt we see him this weekend, especially if the trade block rumors have any truth to them. Can't get a 1 for a guy that is seriously banged up 

I assume this is what's going on.  Trade deadline is coming on Tuesday; Gilmore is going to get shipped out of town; he won't be played in order to protect him.

Yet another factor making this the most winnable Pats game for a Bills team in a long time.  

If Gilmore sits, that means the secondary for NE looks like: Jason McCourty (LCB), Jonathan Jones (RCB), Devin McCourty (FS), Adrian Phillips (SS)

Edited by wjag
biwt

1 hour ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

It’s not coincidental. He behaved the same way his last year in Buffalo. He is a punk. 

• Like (+1) 4