Gameday Thread Week 7 PreGame Bills @ Jets

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Process said:

Not a fan of playing Milano unless he is truly 100,% which I highly doubt. We don't need him. 

People are underestimating how historically bad the jets are. 

This is pretty much the timeline of his injury, based on level of strain. If they thought it was a 3 week injury they would have IRd him. They thought it was a 2 week injury and he’s been practicing for 2 weeks, some days  in full

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Such an odd week to cut a guard...

I believe he was cut because he was not participating and was a distraction - the foot injury claim right before the Titans game was a surprise.  

I prefer to see Spain at LG over Cody or Ike but something happened to his game.  

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

good to see Milano again!   Wonder if they’ll be careful with him and only use him on certain downs

Probably so.  Passing downs for sure.  

10 minutes ago, Process said:

Not a fan of playing Milano unless he is truly 100,% which I highly doubt. We don't need him. 

People are underestimating how historically bad the jets are. 

Well let’s build up a lead and then rest Milano and Tre in the 2nd half.  

The Jets are bad, but no games are certain.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I predict the Bills are going to run a lot today.....  6 and 7 man lines with only 1 pure Tight end active.

We might run more th an in the past but we tend tend to run better out of the spread formations.  6-7 man lines would make the Jets happy.  We would be playing to their strength. 

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tre and Milano are ACTIVE thank you baby jesus

H. Phillips being inactive does make me wonder if he's the odd man out about to be traded.  One story I read Friday was that Filiciano likely would NOT be activated for this weeks game as to do that someone would need to be released, and that Beane is trying to trade one of the D lineman.  Phillips would be a logical choice as he's on a cheap rookie contract as is Johnson, but not as sure the Bills would want to lose him.

Often when a player is about to be traded they sit him out to avoid injury.....Unless you're the Jets!

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

We might run more th an in the past but we tend tend to run better out of the spread formations.  6-7 man lines would make the Jets happy.  We would be playing to their strength. 

Maybe but I just see no Tight ends making it so we have to change up the offense.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

H. Phillips being inactive does make me wonder if he's the odd man out about to be traded.  One story I read Friday was that Filiciano likely would NOT be activated for this weeks game as to do that someone would need to be released, and that Beane is trying to trade one of the D lineman.  Phillips would be a logical choice as he's on a cheap rookie contract as is Johnson, but not as sure the Bills would want to lose him.

Often when a player is about to be traded they sit him out to avoid injury.....Unless you're the Jets!

Darryl Johnson appears to have more juice than Phillips for sure 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah, not only do the Jets keep that player active AND play them, they make sure to notify them they are traded prior to the game to ensure maximum tanking efforts are made.

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

WHAT EVER HAPPENS:

KEEP ANDRE ROBERTS OFF THE FIELD ON OFFENSE!!!!

This is why fans were not that big on Roberts making the team.

Great at Kick Returner & Punt Returner, as a Wide Receiver, nothing special.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Duke is active!!! The Jets must be susceptible to really slow receivers.

He did go for 108 against them last year... with Matt barkley 

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

This is why fans were not that big on Roberts making the team.

Great at Kick Returner & Punt Returner, as a Wide Receiver, nothing special.

I don’t like him in there at WR at all but he’s definitely worth the roster spot for his ST ability imo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have a feeling its going to be a long day at the office. Josh, we need you to show up and show out today with your giant hands built for any conditions. Make Uncle Rico proud and throw it over them mountains to anybody for 6. Going to need 30 to win unless the defense plans on making some plays today. Time to get Tre dancing again and get some mojo flowing through these guys. Its the damn Jets. Dont let a winless team beat you. 

Crowder being out is a huge loss for the Jets. He's really the only consistent  playmaker on their team.

2 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I’m really disappointed that the North Jersey and NYC Bills Backers won’t be taking over the parking lot and a few sections of MetLife  stadium today. Last year this kid got a little mouthy and barely made it out of the game without some damage. 

Haha. Nice. I see that was right after we took the lead 17-16. That would have been a great game to be at. Although those first three quarters must have been unbearable. The final two minutes would have been worth it.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

As fans, is there even anything to get excited about this game?

I almost feel that any mistake, blunder, or poor throw the team makes will be magnified because it’s against the crappy Jets...On the flip side, any positive thing the Bills do will be downplayed because it’s against the crappy Jets...

God, help us all...lol

Well for me, it's because there's so many damn injuries and basically hoping they don't make too many mistakes with these replacements. As far as it just being the Jets yeah they are having a tough season but this of course is a division game and they can always be unpredictable.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy