Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

42 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. He is not meant to be one on one on an island with AB. He seems like a decent depth guy. 

I give Norman props for not backing down from Henry. Yeah, he got tossed like a rag doll. Most small DBs wouldn’t have even tried to take down Henry there (eg, steph Gilmore).

You know, he still slowed him down and directed him towards the sideline. Could be worse.

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

We're also a RB away to be honest. Got to disagree with WGR in that it's all the offensive line's fault for our rushing issues. I love Motor but we need some more dynamic pieces in that stable. Singletary, Yeldon, and a possible Moss isn't inspiring confidence.

Agreed.

Motor seems so slow too.

We don’t have any speed at RB

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

We're also a RB away to be honest. Got to disagree with WGR in that it's all the offensive line's fault for our rushing issues. I love Motor but we need some more dynamic pieces in that stable. Singletary, Yeldon, and a possible Moss isn't inspiring confidence.

I really dont think we plan to run any kind of conventional run game.  The way the o-line pass blocks i'm ok with that

36 minutes ago, Success said:

If this was a normal game, on Sunday, do we win?

I kind of hate that the Titans seem to have been rewarded for being the most careless. I hope that they at least lose a draft pick.

How about that punt by Borquez? (name spelled wrong, too lazy to look it up).

One of the highlights of the night, imo.  I'm generally upset w/ him for not being able to pin teams inside the 20, but that punt could have changed the game.  If he can do that it balances out.

Does it balance out the fact that he can't hold for kicks properly?

Neither Edmunds nor Milano are mlb's. And it's not even close. They're great at coverage but they don't have "mike" gap instincts. I hate this 4-2-5 nickel since Taron blows. So maybe consider trading for Eric Kendricks (an amazing MLB). And return to the 4-3.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't want to get all hot-takey, and think this Bills team still wins the division.

But we're a few playmakers on D from being a true SB contender. You just don't win championships with this defense.

You could get embarrassed by many teams and be 7-9 with this defense.  4-1 isn't time to panic, but it is when the offense is so good.  Bad D will horribly taint, and make the offense as predictable as it is.  That O/D balance is massive.  Good offenses will never bail you out

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Yeah - that 1st pick was pretty tough.

We're good on the 1st drive these days. We seem to come in w/ a plan and generally take the early lead.

But, we also need to get punched in the mouth and adjust if the plan doesn't play out like it should.  We didn't do that tonight.  We got our 1st test on that level, and failed.

Better now than in January.

Actually the O responded by going down the field for the TD.  Then we gave up a huge return.  When we had an opportunity to close the gap in the 3rd qtr,  Josh got greedy (he said that in the presser) and threw the INT.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, McBean said:

Agreed.

Motor seems so slow too.

We don’t have any speed at RB

Have you seen any holes a speed back would have taken advantage of?

11 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Josh looked like he dropped his weight on the guy in the end, though.

He pretended he was winded

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Neither Edmunds nor Milano are mlb's. And it's not even close. They're great at coverage but they don't have "mike" gap instincts. I hate this 4-2-5 nickel since Taron blows. So maybe consider trading for Eric Kendricks (an amazing MLB). And return to the 4-3.

Taron did show some juice early that made me think he might grow.  He's either been injured or inconsistent.  Seems to me like Siran has been very overlooked.  Maybe it's just me.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Success said:

Kind of hope we get this team again in the playoffs.

Don't like 'em.

They are acting like the victims and it's super irritating. Very much reminding me of the Patriots acting like the victims after getting caught cheating 

Did Clowney have any impact at all tonight for the Titans? I totally forgot he was on their team until the second half. He got a decent rush on Allen but Allen still converted a pass for the first down. Box score says he had two PD's. But I don't recall any batted balls at the line. 

11 minutes ago, appoo said:

They are acting like the victims and it's super irritating. Very much reminding me of the Patriots acting like the victims after getting caught cheating 

Even more annoying is the media's mind being blown that these guys could somehow come out after a bye week with tons of time to watch film on their opponent, healthy and ready to go. I mean weren't they sitting on their couch eating lays potato chips and watching Netflix for two straight weeks?

22 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Did Clowney have any impact at all tonight for the Titans? I totally forgot he was on their team until the second half. He got a decent rush on Allen but Allen still converted a pass for the first down. Box score says he had two PD's. But I don't recall any batted balls at the line. 

Even more annoying is the media's mind being blown that these guys could somehow come out after a bye week with tons of time to watch film on their opponent, healthy and ready to go. I mean weren't they sitting on their couch eating lays potato chips and watching Netflix for two straight weeks?

Clowney was basically himself - super quick off the line, probably won a few battles in that he pressured and bothered Allen. He got 2 batted balls, one on Allen, and another when #5 threw it right at him. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t....they kicked our ass in all phases. Completely overwhelmed us upfront on defense. 

Bills have major problems there....The front four and Edmunds has been a disaster. 

Oh! You're back from your hibernation now that the Bills lost a game. Welcome back.

• Haha (+1) 2