Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Or the Astros.....

McD was asked in the presser postgame about the league decision and the timing.  Although he offered no excuses, it was obvious that he was not pleased with how the league handled this.  He refused to comment on it but his facial expression spoke volumes.

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

I was gonna say Cody Ford is the Zay Jones of RTs, I mean OGs

Ok. You’ve vented enough. Now be a good boy and go to bed.

2 hours ago, daz28 said:

Nice to see AJ make a play.  He made another one before tonight.  He might be a good player, but sux he won't be able supplant Murphy this year.  

He made 2 good plays and may be a good player, but he sucks?😳 Wtf, man? It’s past your bed time as well. Get the Hell upstairs. Now!

• Haha (+1) 1

The Chiefs really haven't looked great in any game except for the week against the Ravens. They just lost to the Raiders. Good teams still have bad games. Bills weren't gonna go undefeated, just frustrating that it feels more like the Bills beat themselves, though the Titans did play very well. This team just can not penetrate the pocket at all, that's my concern. Missing our two of our best defenders can't help either, but even when Tre and Milano are in, this defense is letting teams march down the field unimpeded. Allen tossing two picks is less concerning than that drive at the end of the first half where the Titans went all the way down the field to score a touchdown in around 2 minutes. I know it's not the exact same defense as last year, but it's pretty close. I have no idea how you can go from top 5 to bottom 5 without any major changes.

1 minute ago, Boxcar said:

The Chiefs really haven't looked great in any game except for the week against the Ravens. They just lost to the Raiders. Good teams still have bad games. Bills weren't gonna go undefeated, just frustrating that it feels more like the Bills beat themselves, though the Titans did play very well. This team just can not penetrate the pocket at all, that's my concern. Missing our two of our best defenders can't help either, but even when Tre and Milano are in, this defense is letting teams march down the field unimpeded. Allen tossing two picks is less concerning than that drive at the end of the first half where the Titans went all the way down the field to score a touchdown in around 2 minutes. I know it's not the exact same defense as last year, but it's pretty close. I have no idea how you can go from top 5 to bottom 5 without any major changes.

There is one major change.  We are missing Star.  His absence is hampering the scheme as well as contributing to the regression of Edmunds and Oliver.  Star didn't make flashy plays but he tied up blockers and kept them away from the LBs.

• Like (+1) 2

One thing I think contributed to the loss besides Titans getting an extra week of rest was everyone piling on in the media and online because they broke covid protocols. There seemed to be an an air of "we're going to shut everyone up" in their effort tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, CSBill said:

One play change this game: Titans conversion of 3rd and 19 in the 2nd quarter. A mirror of the Houston playoff game last year. .... why so passive when you have a chance to stomp them? .... that play epitomized the Bills this game, passive and unable to execute. 

Agreed

Some injury stuff from Banged Up Bills on players who went down/were attended to by trainers

Knox: L calf.  Didn't return

Some other watch-outs:

Hyde: non-contact injury, grabbed his knee.  He said in his postgame interview "football happens" and he's fine.

Dodson: thought to be cramping, returned to game

Beasley: thought to be cramping, returned to game

Ford: wearing brace on L side and observed to be struggling with guys on that side

Dawkins and Nsekhe: wondering if it was a rotation, but that's not their standard practice at L tackle so I wonder if Dawkins was hurt

3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

There is one major change.  We are missing Star.  His absence is hampering the scheme as well as contributing to the regression of Edmunds and Oliver.  Star didn't make flashy plays but he tied up blockers and kept them away from the LBs.

There are actually 3 major changes to the rotation on the DL, and 4 on the front 7:

Star (opt out)

Jordan Phillips (FA)

Shaq Lawson (FA)

Lorenzo Alexander

• Like (+1) 1

Bills played without heart, with the only notable exception of Cole Beasley.

You can see that on Allen second interception, Beasley, being the smaller player on the field, was the only one hustling to make the tackle, the other ones played soft giving up huge chunks of yardage.

WHAT THE ***** WAS GABRIEL DAVIS DOING ON THAT PLAY, IF I WERE MC DERMOTT I WOULD BE FURIOUS.

Mistakes happen, lack of effort is inenexcusable.

4 hours ago, VW82 said:

One thing I think contributed to the loss besides Titans getting an extra week of rest was everyone piling on in the media and online because they broke covid protocols. There seemed to be an an air of "we're going to shut everyone up" in their effort tonight. 

I was saying this all week and pretty much got laughed out of town. Psychology matters.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some injury stuff from Banged Up Bills on players who went down/were attended to by trainers

Knox: L calf.  Didn't return

Some other watch-outs:

Hyde: non-contact injury, grabbed his knee.  He said in his postgame interview "football happens" and he's fine.

Dodson: thought to be cramping, returned to game

Beasley: thought to be cramping, returned to game

Ford: wearing brace on L side and observed to be struggling with guys on that side

Dawkins and Nsekhe: wondering if it was a rotation, but that's not their standard practice at L tackle so I wonder if Dawkins was hurt

There are actually 3 major changes to the rotation on the DL, and 4 on the front 7:

Star (opt out)

Jordan Phillips (FA)

Shaq Lawson (FA)

Lorenzo Alexander

Shaq had good edge control. Last night no one did. 

4 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

The Bills have a whole other issue with the NFL if they have an outbreak of any sorts. The season may derail and the Bills owners and players may have lawsuit possibilities. 

That would only be if Titans player or coaches that were on the field continued to test positive at an alarming rate, which is not going to happen.