Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

7 minutes ago, appoo said:

Addison is the one who I think has been a pleasant surprise on this D. 

AJ had a nice play tonight (I mean he was unblocked but hey he still made the play), but then jumped on 3rd and 7, which effectively ended the ball game. I don't understand how a kid from Iowa looks so awkward and and raw as a football player. I mean I'm a Penn State fan and he looked pretty good to me in College...but , I don't get him at all. But I think the Bills rather need him to get better/ready in a hurry

Nice to see AJ make a play.  He made another one before tonight.  He might be a good player, but sux he won't be able supplant Murphy this year.  

I will say something I love this board no bills fans in Mississippi so coming on here to read all the pissed off info after a beat down and letting off a little steam with other bills fans does help me. Because I am pissed lol but now I’m going to bed put it behind me and get ready for Kansas. PS our LB and DL 😢 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He came in for a cup of coffee at the very end when the game was way out of reach.  Did OK.  3/5 for 22 yds.   The game was out of hand by then.

LOL I'll use 😉 next time.  He's not a serviceable QB

3 minutes ago, familykwi said:

They had just highlighted AJ Brown there, so I only watched him on that play.  AJ slipped on his cut and the ball was uncatchable behind him.  I never thought of a call there.

Then came the flag.

Atrocious.

At worst that's defensive holding. I question why we were playing man so much. I get they were bailing out on Henry, but putting those corners on an island against Brown is questionable at best, 

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

For his age, and the amount of practice/game time he's had, he's been serviceable.  In the right role he may be just fine.  Not gonna poop on Norman yet

I agree. He is not meant to be one on one on an island with AB. He seems like a decent depth guy. 

I give Norman props for not backing down from Henry. Yeah, he got tossed like a rag doll. Most small DBs wouldn’t have even tried to take down Henry there (eg, steph Gilmore).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, appoo said:

If he hadn't thrown that INT, it would had been fine. Then it's 21 - 17 in the 3rd quarter, and the Bills have made it a game.  Don't forget the Bills D actually responded with their best response of the night when the Titans got the INT - they actually held them to a fairly easy 3 and out, except the roughing call. That killed their will. 

Even down 28 - 10, it was a reasonable play, they had it down 12 with 10 left. That's a pretty reasonable position to be in. 

Well, it would be if the defense could hold things together at all. Of course INT #2 was a killer. But it got out of hand at the end of the 2nd quarter, really. 

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I feel like Edmunds isn’t good. That’s how I feel. The guy looks to be a step behind constantly and can’t shed blocks. Has almost no anticipation and doesn’t even really cover very well for his size and speed. I’m not trying to blame other people at this point. I’m disappointed in him.

I think there are a few things going on with Tremaine right now...And none of them are necessarily good news...

But they are all not necessarily his fault either IMHO. He's a few pounds short of being a proto-typical NFL DE body-type playing MLB. He's never been a great processor, though he did seem to improve a lot last season. NFL teams will eventually find and expose your weaknesses. I've always questioned why the Bills were so sold on Edmunds at MLB...I think the kid would be much better served outside, but that's never been in the plans and now they are where they are. 

He's a freak athlete. There is a role where he could be really good...I just don't think it's ever going to be inside. I think a coach like Belichick would have him in a Jaime Collins-type role where he can flourish...But right now the Bills are stuck with him on the inside and have to hope he can return to last seasons form REAL quick...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. He is not meant to be one on one on an island with AB. He seems like a decent depth guy. 

I give Norman props for not backing down from Henry. Yeah, he got tossed like a rag doll. Most small DBs wouldn’t have even tried to take down Henry there (eg, steph Gilmore).

What's even better is Glimore learned from one of the best tackling CB's in history who was way smaller than him. He's *Gilmore to me

1 minute ago, Success said:

I think one of the wonderful things about life is how it can surprise you.

If you had told me that I'd eventually hate Tannehill, I would have cracked up.  Huh? I would have said.

Tannehill is okay, in my book. He was horrendous in Miami, and was able to resurrect his career from the trash heap. I don’t view him as a threat. If the D had been a little healthier, he’s not going to be scoring 4 TDs. 

Average Bills drive start, their own 17. They started drives on their own 9, 9, 3, and 10 yard line. 

Average Titans drive start, their own 46. They started drives on the Bills' 16, 30, 12, and 18 yard line. Scored TDs on every one of those drives. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Well, it would be if the defense could hold things together at all. Of course INT #2 was a killer. But it got out of hand at the end of the 2nd quarter, really. 

Josh's 2nd INT was him losing track of D players in his head.  That D man had no reason to be there at all.  It was a well scouted, well executed play.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Yea I agree that the loss was inevitable when they gave up the TD. 

But really, I'm not too crticial of the coaches tonight.  

They just played the AFC runner ups without their top 2 corners, their best LB, and DEs who are clearly well past their ability to start.  If you're Frazier or McDermott, you're basically hamstrung. You can crticize the decision to play man so much, but thats at least understandable when you consider you gotta stop Henry, and you need safeties to do that. 

Offensively, I'm not gonna criticize daboll when there were at least 5 drop (one of which resulted in a INT), Allen made what was one of the worst INTs of his career, and the offense didn't touch the ball between 10 minutes and the 2 minute warning. 

• Like (+1) 1

This game was so crooked. Typhoid Tannehill had over half a month to prep. 5 Bills starter, including the captain of the entire team, sat out because they didn't want to get sick. Then they kept messing with the schedule all week long and the Bills are the ones on the road. That phantom illegal motion, another fake blindside block on Singletary with nothing called on holds and blocks all game like that early punt return.

Two things:

1. How they mentioned about the vet QB just getting the completion. That goes for owners and coaches too. No way I would have played this game when they closed their facilities on Sunday. Impossible to get them ready. Sue them like hell and start player boycotts before you admit to a forfeit. Mailing it in during prime time is the worst of all worlds.

2. It's okay if the defense can't cover the middle of the field. We have "coverage linebackers" who can't blitz nor tackle.

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

Average Bills drive start, their own 17. They started drives on their own 9, 9, 3, and 10 yard line. 

Average Titans drive start, their own 46. They started drives on the Bills' 16, 30, 12, and 18 yard line. Scored TDs on every one of those drives. 

they dominated us on ST. Even their holder was better than ours, catching snaps on the bounce. Bojo is out there turning the laces the wrong way, Roberts fumbling the ball away, coverage team giving up long returns, etc.

• Like (+1) 1