Postgame Thread: Bills at Titans

4 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I think there are a few things going on with Tremaine right now...And none of them are necessarily good news...

But they are all not necessarily his fault either IMHO. He's a few pounds short of being a proto-typical NFL DE body-type playing MLB. He's never been a great processor, though he did seem to improve a lot last season. NFL teams will eventually find and expose your weaknesses. I've always questioned why the Bills were so sold on Edmunds at MLB...I think the kid would be much better served outside, but that's never been in the plans and now they are where they are. 

He's a freak athlete. There is a role where he could be really good...I just don't think it's ever going to be inside. I think a coach like Belichick would have him in a Jaime Collins-type role where he can flourish...But right now the Bills are stuck with him on the inside and have to hope he can return to last seasons form REAL quick...

He's the guy they decided to use as dime LB.  You wanna re-sign Milano, move Ed, and bring in a top MLB?  

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

they dominated us on ST. Even their holder was better than ours, catching snaps on the bounce. Bojo is out there turning the laces the wrong way, Roberts fumbling the ball away, coverage team giving up long returns, etc.

To be fair a lot of the bad field position was the direct result of the Bills not stopping the Titans deep in their own territory.  To often the D allowed the Titans to move to our 40 - 45 yard line where their punter could pin us deep.

• Like (+1) 2

If this was a normal game, on Sunday, do we win?

I kind of hate that the Titans seem to have been rewarded for being the most careless. I hope that they at least lose a draft pick.

How about that punt by Borquez? (name spelled wrong, too lazy to look it up).

One of the highlights of the night, imo.  I'm generally upset w/ him for not being able to pin teams inside the 20, but that punt could have changed the game.  If he can do that it balances out.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Tannehill is okay, in my book. He was horrendous in Miami, and was able to resurrect his career from the trash heap. I don’t view him as a threat. If the D had been a little healthier, he’s not going to be scoring 4 TDs. 

He's the strangest guy i've ever seen as a QB.  He's a better athlete than you'd think, and he's not dumb.  I'd picture him being a great golfer but he's a better than average QB.  He's the guy if I was a scout I'd have written off as Psshhh

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To be fair a lot of the bad field position was the direct result of the Bills not stopping the Titans deep in their own territory.  To often the D allowed the Titans to move to our 40 - 45 yard line where their punter could pin us deep.

agreed— a lot of bad “complementary” football going on tonight. All three phases hurt each other. 

that said, their punter is ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

If this was a normal game, on Sunday, do we win?

I kind of hate that the Titans seem to have been rewarded for being the most careless. I hope that they at least lose a draft pick.

They won't. Goodell is now on record, via the CBS broadcast crew that the Titans did nothing wrong during this whole debacle.

Ironically, this contradicts their GM's statement today where he admitted they didn't properly wear masks and had issues enforcing it.

Also, not to mention, the players tweeting out basically admitting guilt over practicing outside of the facility when they were told to cease all contact with each other.

The league is a joke.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed— a lot of bad “complementary” football going on tonight. All three phases hurt each other. 

that said, their punter is ridiculous. 

Their punter is from Western, NY. Grand Island to be exact.

1 minute ago, appoo said:

if there is a person to criticize here, it's Brandon Beane.  The depth on D is clearly not good enough, and he needs to assess his DEs better. You can't wait until week 5 until you find out that you're DEs are done.

Yeah, he should have applied for and been granted 3 extra first round draft picks and used 2 on speed DE’s. 

Do you have ANY idea how much he has transformed this roster in a few short seasons? I wonder how many teams in the NFL would rather have their GM and HC over what we have now. It’s a VERY SMALL number, I know that! Yes, there is work to do. There always will be. But the arrow is pointed in the right direction! 

It’s over-reaction Tuesday, a rare event!  

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, daz28 said:

He's the guy they decided to use as dime LB.  You wanna re-sign Milano, move Ed, and bring in a top MLB?  

He can still play Dime as the only LB...My guess is they let Milano go, though when healthy he's a better player than Edmunds...And I really don't think there is any doubt about that. I think it's glaringly obvious how much this D drops off without Milano.

Tremaine is cheap for another year...We'll see...I think they are basically stuck with the plan now. Edmunds can make decisions much easier by playing better...I'm not saying he's the only one to blame. But they need him to be a difference maker...And he's not...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, he should have applied for and been granted 3 extra first round draft picks and used 2 on speed DE’s. 

Do you have ANY idea how much he has transformed this roster in a few short seasons? I wonder how many teams in the NFL would rather have their GM and HC over what we have now. It’s a VERY SMALL number, I know that! Yes, there is work to do. There always will be. But the arrow is pointed in the right direction! 

It’s over-reaction Tuesday, a rare event!  

Fair

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

He can still play Dime as the only LB...My guess is they let Milano go, though when healthy he's a better player than Edmunds...And I really don't think there is any doubt about that. I think it's glaringly obvious how much this D drops off without Milano.

Tremaine is cheap for another year...We'll see...I think they are basically stuck with the plan now. Edmunds can make decisions much easier by playing better...I'm not saying he's the only one to blame. But they need him to be a difference maker...And he's not...

Yes we have time, but I'd prefer we dont judge him until after he has help.  If you switched Milano-Edmunds you'd get a horrid result, but this time it'd be Edmunds looking great.  I'd be ok with draft top mlb and move edmunds let milano go.  

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, daz28 said:

Yes we have time, but I'd prefer we dont judge him until after he has help.  If you switched Milano-Edmunds you'd get a horrid result, but this time it's be Edmunds looking great.  I'd be ok with draft top mlb and move edmunds let milano go.  

I'm not saying Milano is a MLB...Not saying you were assuming that...Just want to make that clear...

9 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I'm not saying Milano is a MLB...Not saying you were assuming that...Just want to make that clear...

Exactly.  The versatility dictates the move.  So would the money.  If you move Edmunds and draft a MLB, that clears a major hurdle.  Edmunds still makes calls rookie MLB balls out.  Edmunds contract will be wayy cheaper after the switch.  Rookie MLB don't ball out, you still have an Edmunds.  Rookie MLB learns from Edmunds, and leaves us options if Edmunds gets expensive.  If we don't re-sign Milano, this would be the plan I think

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BadboyBills said:

Just finished the game. That was putrid. The biggest take away is that Allen didnt take what was given in the first half, he also seemed impatient in trying to force the ball to Diggs which cost us. 2 INTs, 2 TD's by Titans, was the main difference here. Also, an unlucky INT, Roberts should've had it and Brown was sorely missed. Also, the titans certainly benefitted from the extra week to heal some bumps and bruises. They did practice and only had to prepare for 1 game. Ya, they were missing a few starters but none more important than our missing players, Brown and Tre. Really sucks. I wantrd to punish this team for their lack of care and they benefitted more than us. This game should've been a forfeit. What if we get covid positive players this week? F the NFL!

Were you a little mad that jam middle was our play every call, because we can't stop anything, or were you madder when they realized that, and made the rollout pass our B word?

We're also a RB away to be honest. Got to disagree with WGR in that it's all the offensive line's fault for our rushing issues. I love Motor but we need some more dynamic pieces in that stable. Singletary, Yeldon, and a possible Moss isn't inspiring confidence.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

That was ugly, the first drive when  that ball was tipped then picked i kind of figured it would be a long night. Hopefully we can get heathier going forward and the coaches study enough to adjust what we're doing wrong defensively. Kansas city will be another really hard game.

Yeah - that 1st pick was pretty tough.

We're good on the 1st drive these days. We seem to come in w/ a plan and generally take the early lead.

But, we also need to get punched in the mouth and adjust if the plan doesn't play out like it should.  We didn't do that tonight.  We got our 1st test on that level, and failed.

Better now than in January.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

That was ugly, the first drive when  that ball was tipped then picked i kind of figured it would be a long night. Hopefully we can get heathier going forward and the coaches study enough to adjust what we're doing wrong defensively. Kansas city will be another really hard game.

The coaches may have to rethink the ENTIRE defense and running game.  Pass blocking, and Josh's awareness of it 11/10

Edited by daz28