Do we make a trade or wing it?

Cubanmist

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

So when Mack was last traded it was 2 First round picks right?

I'm ok...

I’m not. I would add more if we have to. But that trade was a few years ago and I doubt he has the same value just because of age. 

I haven’t looked since he signed his new deal but I think he has an out in his contract soon. 

edit- out is after next season when he’s 30

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I've been in favor of adding a pass rusher.  I agree that looking for depth at LB or CB may be just as much of a need. I don't know the rosters of other teams that well to pick names. I'd start to pick over the corpses of franchises like Atlanta, San Francisco, Denver, or Cincinnati that have seen their seasons go to hell.

8 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

The Cardinals would be willing to trade Haason Reddick. The Bills were very enamored with him before we ultimately traded down and took Tre White.

He’s struggled but I trust McDermott to get something out of him. Would probably cost a 4 or a 5.

If this was the case, the Bills would sign every bust from the last 5 years, McD would turn all of them into good players, and the Bills would win multiple SB. 

McD appears to be a very good HC...not a miracle worker. 

Edited by Back the Blue

If there's a trade made it might be for a LB or possibly CB, but likely with a team that has a fairly high level backup, someone who can and has started in the past, who can do the same here and step in to replace either Milano or Edwards if needed.  Likely not a starter unless it's with a team who's starter becomes a FA at seasons end.  We don't need a 3rd starting LB as we don't use three LB's very often, maybe just a better quality backup.  CB, lets see how Norman plays these next two games, if he continues like  last week, Wallace becomes a strong backup or nickel  and the remaining ones drop down a slot on the pecking order so need goes away there.

7 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Not kicking the FG was totally boneheaded

I don't hate it.  You get the first down and its game over, you can literally kneel it out. 

I don't think i run into a like... 11 man box though.  I know they'd been successful running it but it was a long 1, and seattle had a lot of guys there.  I might have also called a TO before/let the 2 minute warning run/tried a hard count.

42 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I don't hate it.  You get the first down and its game over, you can literally kneel it out. 

I don't think i run into a like... 11 man box though.  I know they'd been successful running it but it was a long 1, and seattle had a lot of guys there.  I might have also called a TO before/let the 2 minute warning run/tried a hard count.

If the rb went to the right of the fb block he prob scores a td, instead he went left and got stuffed.

Wasnt a fan of the play call regardless, they had a sneak that was successful by a good margin earlier, not sure why they didnt do that again.

9 hours ago, Cubanmist said:

With Milano, arguably our best LB who is currently down, do we make a trade at the deadline? If so, then who should we target?  CB and TE would be the other need on this team.

As far as a pass rusher, I would love to get Mack back to Buffalo.

I'm sure the 4-1 Bears would be anxious to make such a move.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

If the rb went to the right of the fb block he prob scores a td, instead he went left and got stuffed.

Wasnt a fan of the play call regardless, they had a sneak that was successful by a good margin earlier, not sure why they didnt do that again.

The blocker did kind of get kicked into the hole up the middle, but the LB leverage was going to the right IIRC.  The RB can probably break it? The screenshot on twitter is very misleading as to what actually happened.

As for making trades - no.  You roll with what you have for depth.  

Edited by dneveu

10 hours ago, Cubanmist said:

With Milano, arguably our best LB who is currently down, do we make a trade at the deadline? If so, then who should we target?  CB and TE would be the other need on this team.

Depends who becomes available and at what cost,  there could be teams trying to unload contracts because of reduced revenues.  If Beanne can find another defensive play maker for someone on our roster and maybe 3rd or 4th rounder i would do it. I would only consider giving up a first or second for a stud defensive player who is still under the age of 27-28.

For this D to genuinely be a championship level threat, you need more pass rush, a big upgrade at LB and probably another depth type corner that can step in and play on the outside with reasonable success.  CB 2 was a question to start the year, injuries have made it a hot mess.  If a decent LB is available, I’d go for it.  I doubt you are getting massive impact players, but LB is a need.  Klein is what I thought he was, and that’s not good.   

10 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

We’re not trading for Mack with the current overpaid contract that Chicago gave him. He would have to take massive pay cut if traded to here. 

Chicago is 4-1 and in the midst of a playoff run.  Why would they consider trading him?

11 hours ago, Cubanmist said:

I fully expect the Bills to call around the NFL and ask about players.  It was rumored that they did this last year around the deadline and tried to get Diggs.  So if there’s a player that would fit their scheme and would be available for a reasonable value, I think they would make a move.

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Minnesota's season just exploded tonight.  

There anyone on that defense worth calling them back about?

Atlanta?  

I had a similar thought. Great game.  Watched the whole thing; Vikings should have won, probably, but they didn't, and now their season is pretty much done.

Maybe they would be willing to deal.

11 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Not kicking the FG was totally boneheaded

Hindsight, but it was totally the right call to go for the win.  

Just pick up 1/2 yard on 4th down and win - which is easier than stopping Seattle from picking up a PAT.

Or stop Seattle from driving 95 yards to win - which is easier than stopping Seattle from driving 75 yards for a TD.

Perhaps I would scrutinize the decision to run right instead of left, but not the decision to go for fourth down.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It is Deion Jones not Lewis.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/deion-jones-19001/

YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING ROSTER OPTION CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2019 Contract details by year 24 $1,950,000 $2,576,482 $500,000 - $5,026,482 $19,176,482

$13,497,930

($13,497,930)

2020 Contract details by year 25 $5,850,000 $2,200,000 $520,000 $1,750,000 $10,320,000 $21,650,000

$13,370,000

($26,867,930)

2021 Contract details by year 26 $8,200,000 $2,200,000 $480,000 $1,750,000 $12,630,000 $11,850,000

$8,680,000

($35,547,930)

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 3 YR, $35,547,930; $7,900,000 DEAD CAP

2022 Contract details by year 27 $9,640,000 $2,200,000 $500,000 $1,750,000 $14,090,000 $7,900,000

$10,140,000

($45,687,930)

2023 Contract details by year 28 $12,000,000 $2,200,000 $430,000 $1,750,000 $16,380,000 $3,950,000

$12,430,000

($58,117,930)

It is possible a team looking to do a rebuild and when discarding a high priced QB may also get rid of other players to make room to absorb the hit so Lewis is possible but it will be very hard for Atlanta to do that with Dead Cap and hard for Bills to absorb salary especially next year.

Who’s going to make trade decisions for Atlanta, Arthur Blank? Player personnel guy or interim HC? Both of which will probably be gone.

Linebacker isn't the problem. The pass rush is. Wish I had some next gen stats for the Raiders game, because I thought D was getting to Carr a lot quicker in the 2nd half, and that coincided with the Raiders offense slowing down. Exact opposite of the first when Carr had time to pick the zone apart.  

I mean zones aren't designed to defend 5+ seconds of Playing time. In the NFL, WRs and RBs are 50 yards from where they started in that time.

This is why I wish the Bills were aggreessive in going after Clowney and ngakoue