Around the NFL. Sunday Gameday

Chandler#81

34 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The NFL has a real defense problem on its hands.  There's more scoring than ever and it's passed the tipping point where it's now making the game generally less entertaining than when there was balance.

Like many things in today’s world, it’s pandering to the lowest common denominator. People who don’t understand the game view the high scores as more fun to watch. The NFL knows this and is propagating it via rules and what’s called/not called. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It was. Jones has actually played better than I expected to this point in his career but I still thought 6 was very high for him.

He does some nice things but he’s a walking turnover. 

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Fitz wants to keep his starting gig.

If Fitz keeps this up Fitzmagic should ofically be added as a word to Merriam-Webster

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Would you rather have a Bills team that gives up 25 a game but scores 31 or one that gives up 16 but only scores 19?

The math is pretty easy on this one, I think...

I see what you're saying but my experience watching the Bills is different than watching any other game.  I like watching the Bills win in shootouts because those are the types you need to win on the way to a SB in the modern NFL.  But generally speaking I really enjoy 20-17 type games with good play on both sides of the ball and a few well earned splash plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Both knees?  I saw the play.  He was running down field trying to throw a block and his leg just gave out, non-contact.  Both knees?  big man fell hard.  Shame.

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Miami has lost to NE, Buffalo and Seattle.  

Some of the others and I around here got laughed at for even just suggesting they COULD be at least a 7-9 team in 2020.

with 8 minutes left they had a little bit of pee coming out of the Seahawks.

ask the Niners, NFC Champs, how bad they think they are.

The Bills needed a recovered onsides to escape the Fitz...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Examining our last three opponents (all Bills wins) and their performances today:

- Miami: currently dominating San Fran and making Jimmy G look as bad as I've ever seen him.

- LA Rams: outplayed THE Football Team in all three phases and scored at will. Now 4-1.

- Vegas: put up 40 points and handed the Chiefs their first loss in almost a full calendar year. Should note that Ruggs and Trent Brown were back and made an impact after missing our game, but Carr, Jacobs, and Waller all went off. 

The Bills wins and schedule in 2020 feel a lot better than the 2019 version so far. Also, the quality of these opponents may help explain some of the defensive struggles we've had. Hopefully we can keep stacking wins as we move forward into an even tougher part of our schedule, but seeing the success of our previous opponents gives me hope.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Examining our last three opponents (all Bills wins) and their performances today:

- Miami: currently dominating San Fran and making Jimmy G look as bad as I've ever seen him.

- LA Rams: outplayed THE Football Team in all three phases and scored at will. Now 4-1.

- Vegas: put up 40 points and handed the Chiefs their first loss in almost a full calendar year. Should note that Ruggs and Trent Brown were back and made an impact after missing our game, but Carr, Jacobs, and Waller all went off. 

The Bills wins and schedule in 2020 feel a lot better than the 2019 version so far. Also, the quality of these opponents may help explain some of the defensive struggles we've had. Hopefully we can keep stacking wins as we move forward into an even tougher part of our schedule, but seeing the success of our previous opponents gives me hope.

and the Jets....well 3/4 ain't bad.

6 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

That was such a ticky-tack call: how does that impact anything? But it’s ok to remove a TD because of it? How about a five yard penalty on the kickoff or PAT?

It's 6 points possibly 7-8 vs possibly no points. 

Ticky-tack for sure though on a fg attempt. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Protect him from what? The ferocious fish defense?

To be fair to Jimmy (I am not a fan) he did not look fully healthy. He wasn't planting and driving through on that ankle. I think it just tells you where they are with Mullins and Bethard that they rushed him back.

Just now, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

With their incredible talent on offense, Cleveland should literally score 40+ points every game (like last week) and set multiple records. Mayfield looks better this year but he's definitely their weak link right? 

The AFC North is going to be interesting to watch this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

With their incredible talent on offense, Cleveland should literally score 40+ points every game (like last week) and set multiple records. Mayfield looks better this year but he's definitely their weak link right? 

Pretty much and when he plays within himself and doesn't try and do too much they're a good team. But he is the limiting factor for them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be fair to Jimmy (I am not a fan) he did not look fully healthy. He wasn't planting and driving through on that ankle. I think it just tells you where they are with Mullins and Bethard that they rushed him back.

Beathard is getting beat hard.

• Like (+1) 1