Chargers: Herbert will remain starter, Tyrod to bench

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm surprised Herbert has played so well. He put ip big numbers at Oregon but moslty against patsies. Never delivered a signature win until his senior year and the RoseBowl. Even then he did more damage running than throwing. 

By all accounts a super nice kid. 

Wish him well. 

Even if he regresses Lynn is making the right choice sticking with him now that he had played well.

He had 50 yards rushing his entire senior year.

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

And lawsuit by Taylor against the doctor coming in 3...2...1...

I believe (I'm pretty sure I heard it discussed on espn radio shortly after this happened) league rules prohibit lawsuits between members of the same team.

14 hours ago, Beast said:

If Herbert continues to play well, the Chargers organization better think long and hard before replacing Lynn.

Lynn should have been fired the second he punted vs the chiefs in overtime. 

That team is loaded with talent, I'm actually not impressed with lynn at all.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I believe (I'm pretty sure I heard it discussed on espn radio shortly after this happened) league rules prohibit lawsuits between members of the same team.

He could sue the team tho...

14 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I like Tyrod and feel bad for him.  Wally Pipped again.  Really bad luck for Tyrod, but the fact is that these young guys who are getting the chance are playing better than he is capable of, so it's only a matter of time in these situations.  I could see Tyrod going to yet another team with a newly drafted QB and being named the starter for a few weeks and losing the job again (let's hope it won't be injury-related next time).  It's his "pattern," just like Fitz has his own "pattern."  Rinse and repeat.  

You guys remember Steve DeBerg? He was the starting QB for the Niners in 1978.  Then they drafted Joe Montana and he became the starter in 1980, with DeBerg becoming backup.

DeBerg was traded to Denver in 1981 and was the starter. Then in 1983 they got Elway.

In 1984, DeBerg was traded to Tampa & was the starter.  When the USFL folded they got Steve Young who became starter.  Then they drafted Testaverde in 1987. 

In 1998, DeBerg was traded to Kansas City where he started for 4 years.

19 minutes ago, ColeB said:

You guys remember Steve DeBerg? He was the starting QB for the Niners in 1978.  Then they drafted Joe Montana and he became the starter in 1980, with DeBerg becoming backup.

DeBerg was traded to Denver in 1981 and was the starter. Then in 1983 they got Elway.

In 1984, DeBerg was traded to Tampa & was the starter.  When the USFL folded they got Steve Young who became starter.  Then they drafted Testaverde in 1987. 

In 1998, DeBerg was traded to Kansas City where he started for 4 years.

I can't figure out how he found time to record 'The Lady in Red'. 🤔

😁

1 hour ago, Process said:

Lynn should have been fired the second he punted vs the chiefs in overtime. 

That team is loaded with talent, I'm actually not impressed with lynn at all.

I guarantee you, last season, McDermott would have punted in that same exact situation.

Edited by Beast

26 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I feel bad for Tyrod. I hope he gets another shot somewhere else. Still, Herbert is playing very well for a rookie and they'd be foolish to go back to Tyrod unless something changes.

Seems kind of strange.    You hate everything Allen does but Tyrod needs another shot ? 

19 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Taylor is the only QB I can think of who somehow manages to get his terrible play attributed to ‘bad luck’

Yeah, but how the hell did he land in a situation in which the 6th overall pick was immediately ready to take over and even excel? I mean, the normal situation is you’d at

least have a kid who shows flashes but struggles mightily with the transition like Josh Allen. Tyrod, I feel your pain. 

Lynn didn't have a choice, and it's the right decision given how Herbert has played.

But man, what terrible luck for Taylor.  I know he's a wealthy man, but I still feel bad about the circumstances.  I hope he gets another shot somewhere else.