Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

It is strategic to keep the opponent guessing as to which players will play and which will not. Tre and Roberts are good enough to affect the Titans' game planning. Don't give them anything more than is required when it is required. 

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

I'm not saying it can't be overcome, but I do think we're already not as good as the Chiefs.  I think we would have maybe a 30% chance of winning that game without being at this disadvantage, and now we're maybe around 15%.  

I don't want the Bills to use it as an excuse, but I think it's fair to point out that it sucks.

I'm not sure how anyone can watch the first four weeks of NFL this year and think that under normal circumstances the Bills would have a 30% chance of beating the Chefs.

There is no question the Bills have shown defensive chinks in the armor with the underneath/TE stuff, where Mahomes thrives. And their rookie running back is a legit threat in run and pass. But the difference this year is that the Bills appear much better poised to go toe-to-toe from a scoring standpoint. If Allen continues his stellar play, there is no way you look at the game and think it has a high probability of being a loss.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

What about McDermott gives you the impression they would look past anyone? 

This. We could not have a better coach to guide the team through this crazy season. I have full confidence McD will keep the team on track and focused exactly where they need to be. Which at this time is on Tennessee.

They'll move on to KC immediately after the Titans game, same as they would no matter when it was played.

We actually have MORE time to prepare under the new schedule (Tues to Sun) than we would have had on the original schedule (Sun to Thurs).

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not sure how anyone can watch the first four weeks of NFL this year and think that under normal circumstances the Bills would have a 30% chance of beating the Chefs.

There is no question the Bills have shown defensive chinks in the armor with the underneath/TE stuff, where Mahomes thrives. And their rookie running back is a legit threat in run and pass. But the difference this year is that the Bills appear much better poised to go toe-to-toe from a scoring standpoint. If Allen continues his stellar play, there is no way you look at the game and think it has a high probability of being a loss.

I say we beat the Chiefs 25% of the time. Which must blow your mind.

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This. We could not have a better coach to guide the team through this crazy season. I have full confidence McD will keep the team on track and focused exactly where they need to be. Which at this time is on Tennessee.

They'll move on to KC immediately after the Titans game, same as they would no matter when it was played.

We actually have MORE time to prepare under the new schedule (Tues to Sun) than we would have had on the original schedule (Sun to Thurs).

Absolutely, and lets not forget added time to prepare for a depleted Titans team. Two of the hardest games on the schedule IMO.

I realize its early, but home field advantage even without our 12th man helps keep our players safe. Buffalo needs to come out of the next two games with atleast one win IMO. Two wins would be great.

I'll be happy with one...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

Wow are they serious???? These game checks aren't chump change to any player. Thats TOTAL BS to penalize players that much money for something totally not their faults. Pegula needs to step in and pay these guys if this situation comes to fruition.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-players-may-not-get-paid-if-titans-forfeit-in-week-5-due-to-nf-ls-coronavirus-rules-152712850.html

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I actually think KC and Buffalo are similar teams. Ok defense, mobile, accurate QBs who can both throw 50 yard bombs while moving out the pocket to their blazing fast weapons downfield. I am maybe high on my own farts, but I would take Allen over Jackson at this point and I really don't think he's far away from being Mahomes' equal. Those balls he was overthrowing by 10 yards last year are landing right in the baskets of Brown and Diggs. Diggs was the EXACT player this team needed and that is being proven every week beyond doubt. Idk what happened to the defense, though. Edmunds and White have not played to their talent and I'm starting to think we should be starting Norman over Wallace. This should be a top 5 defense, though I dearly miss Phillips and Lawson.

• Like (+1) 4

Summary - if a player identified as a close contact comes up positive after tomorrow, game will still happen. Only way game doesn’t happen is if there is a positive of any kind tomorrow that doesn’t allow the facility to re-open, or an outlier (player not identified as a close contact) comes up positive after tomorrow 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I actually think KC and Buffalo are similar teams. Ok defense, mobile, accurate QBs who can both throw 50 yard bombs while moving out the pocket to their blazing fast weapons downfield. I am maybe high on my own farts, but I would take Allen over Jackson at this point and I really don't think he's far away from being Mahomes' equal. Those balls he was overthrowing by 10 yards last year are landing right in the baskets of Brown and Diggs. Diggs was the EXACT player this team needed and that is being proven every week beyond doubt. Idk what happened to the defense, though. Edmunds and White have not played to their talent and I'm starting to think we should be starting Norman over Wallace. This should be a top 5 defense, though I dearly miss Phillips and Lawson.

Taking Allen over Jackson isn’t all that controversial anymore.. Most NFL talking heads have Allen in their Top 5, ahead of Lamar. 

I’d play Norman, if for nothing else, he brings an edge, and we seem to have straight milquetoast D out there so far this season.  Props to Poyer and Milano, but the rest of these guys just seem like they’re sleepwalking. 

Edited by SCBills