Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I want to get the game in, but the NFL is so vague right now... what happens if the Titans can’t play?   Rescheduled, forfeit?  

We are bending over backwards for a team that has been actively breaking the rules for weeks now. And we are doing it while inconveniencing the Steelers, Bills, and Chiefs. 

This wasn’t an unfortunate spread. This was a team trying break the rules and putting the league at risk. 

Im less mad about trying to play the game and more frustrated with the lack of leadership, communication, and information from the league. 

22 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Ok, this might be the tinfoil hat talking, but could this be a way for the league to "save face" and pretend like they are doing everything in their power to not make a team forfeit knowing that the Titans are going to continue to test positive and that the game is going to be forfeited. 

Except there is another team who doesn’t know exactly who they are playing when. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2020 at 6:22 PM, MJS said:

The Bills did pretty well against the run last week, in my opinion.

Yeah we do because we’ve had the lead and are making teams throw. not playing a slowed down physical game keeping the ball out of our hands. 

On 10/6/2020 at 6:18 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Bills have the 8th ranked rush D in the league 

Yeah because we’ve had the lead 90% of the time. Don’t be simple. 

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

So if the Titans have a positive test on Friday, Bills play Chiefs on Thursday, right?

Sal says yes, that’s the case. 

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

What third string crew is going to call this Mid week game?

It is a national broadcast 

17 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Yeah we do because we’ve had the lead and are making teams throw. not playing a slowed down physical game keeping the ball out of our hands. 

Yeah because we’ve had the lead 90% of the time. Don’t be simple. 

No they ACTUALLY did well against the run last week. Go watch. Don't be simple.

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  6PM Nashville time, 7PM real time.

Anybody know how long it's been since there was a Tuesday night NFL game?

2010 i heard on the radio. No source sorry. Was due to a blizzard. 

Edit:

According to ESPN’s Turron Davenport, who cites ESPN Stats & Info and the Elias Sports Bureau, the last time an NFL game took place on a Tuesday was in 2010, when the Philadelphia Eagles and Minnesota Vikings met Dec. 28 after their game was moved due to a blizzard.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

2010 i heard on the radio. No source sorry. Was due to a blizzard. 

Edit:

According to ESPN’s Turron Davenport, who cites ESPN Stats & Info and the Elias Sports Bureau, the last time an NFL game took place on a Tuesday was in 2010, when the Philadelphia Eagles and Minnesota Vikings met Dec. 28 after their game was moved due to a blizzard.

Philly blizzard, what did they get 4” of snow..... 🤣

Edited by gordong
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Let's say a team finishes 1st in the conference and earns the bye, and also ends up not needing any games rescheduled.  Is it fair to have them wait a month (or more?) to play and get rusty?

Normally no, but this isn’t a normal season. I would just expect them to hold practices and stay sharp. I’d think by the end of the season it could be seen as advantage to heal up some nagging injuries 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, gordong said:

Philly blizzard, what did they get 4” of snow..... 🤣

Leslie Frazier was the interim coach for the Vikings for this game!  Wow!

After the blizzard that hit the East Coast with more than 12 to 16 inches of snow in Philadelphia, this game was delayed until today.  This has given the Philadelphia Eaglesand Minnesota Vikings a bit more time to prepare, but it has shortened their weeks for the final game of the regular season. And with Joe Webb starting in place of Brett Favre for the Minnesota Vikings, this should have been an easy game for the Philadelphia Eagles, but it didn’t transform into such an easy game.

Now to the post-game analysis:

• Young Joe Webb is a pretty solid quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings.  He just lacks touch right now, and he has a rifle-arm when necessary.  He might be competing with Tarvaris Jackson for the starting job next season and might not remain a potential wideout for the Vikings.
  • Joe Webb’s rushing score in the third quarter was amazing to give the Vikings a 17-7 lead.
  • Michael Vick is still getting hit due to the mediocre Philadelphia Eagles offensive line. And hits equal interceptions like the second half of this game shown. So far there have been several interceptions that should have been caught by the Vikings. Even more there were two fumbles by Michael Vick in this game that were costly, most likely the result of the constant hits and the constant pressure by the Vikings.
  • The first fumble by Michael Vick in the end of the second half recovered by Antoine Winfield was critical and needed for the Minnesota Vikings.  The field goal gave the Vikings a 10-7 lead. The second fumble near the end of the third quarter luckily didn’t count for a score, but it did cost the Eagles time of possession.
  • The Minnesota Vikings slowed the game down like other opponents, such as the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys. Smart, very smart.
  • Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is still one heck of a running back, even contending with injuries.
  • Eagles Asante Samuel’s helmet-to-helmet hit on Vikings’ Sidney Rice was costly. It led to Joe Webb’s rushing score. And quite possibly a fine by the NFL sometime either this week or next week for Samuel.
  • Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen was heavily involved in getting in Michael Vick’s pocket.
  • Michael Vick begun using all his weapons in recent weeks. At least he’s beginning to understand that a balanced offense is much more dangerous, like the New England Patriots.
  • Vick has yet another rushing touchdown, breaking his old record with the Atlanta Falcons.  Again, LeSean McCoy has yet another potential touchdown stolen.

This was one good game for the Vikings, and a simply amazing upset with a score of 24-14.  Interim Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier may have found a way to retain his job for the upcoming season, and rookie Joe Webb may have found his new position for next season.  Webb demonstrated he was great at managing the game, and Adrian Peterson certainly helped him. For the Eagles, they have lost their chance of having a bye week into the playoffs.  If the Eagles can pull the New York Giants road trip success a few years back, it would be phenomenal.  Unfortunately, they lack David Tyree and his miracle helmet.

11 hours ago, Muppy said:

well my point was not notifying fans as much as the Bills just sayin'

LOL scripture Chandler#81 **tilts my sunglasses down for a better view** hahahaaa

🤣 Yes, I’m atheist. A theologian understanding will do that. I’ve regularly dined at the Tree of Knowledge for decades. Thorough Bible study and tomes of factual evidence.

Ergo, complete fiction. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I honestly am hoping for another positive test out of Nashville this morning.

EDIT: I am hoping for another positive this morning versus having that positive test come Monday or Tuesday.

Edited by CLTbills

4 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I honestly am hoping for another positive test out of Nashville this morning.

I'm not. I recongize no Super Bowl is worth what this virus can do to someone's loved one, even if the reason they get it is that person was reckless. That said I am interested to see what direction this goes in of the game can't he played Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Normally no, but this isn’t a normal season. I would just expect them to hold practices and stay sharp. I’d think by the end of the season it could be seen as advantage to heal up some nagging injuries 

Yes, I'd rather be in that situation than the team that has to continue playing games on the tail end of a long season, having potential injuries pile up, versus having a couple weeks to get guys healthy before the playoffs.