Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

As a side note the Bills are getting ***** and we all know it. League has done a terrible job protecting the integrity of the game. I know playing in a pandemic wouldn't be fair but we've seen nothing to indicate the league gives two rats asses about punishing Tenesse beyond hot air from pundits. Really has killed my desire to watch this season since I now feel like good or not the Bills will be screwed by other teams being idiots with COVID or WWE antics.

32691BC8-E520-4EE4-A694-C88676B5E2F2.jpeg

Good chart.  The Titans would get most of their players back which is not great for Buffalo.  They have created an issue and the league has helped them by the game date of Tuesday.

8 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

As a side note the Bills are getting ***** and we all know it. League has done a terrible job protecting the integrity of the game. I know playing in a pandemic wouldn't be fair but we've seen nothing to indicate the league gives two rats asses about punishing Tenesse beyond hot air from pundits. Really has killed my desire to watch this season since I now feel like good or not the Bills will be screwed by other teams being idiots with COVID or WWE antics.

Does this chart take into account that they also need two consecutive negative tests at least 24 hours apart? Do they have that info for those marked as Yes? Not sure of the source.

11 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

How are the Bills getting *****? 

They are playing their original opponent 2.5 days later. They arent' losing their bye week like the Steelers, or (as of yet) having a game tacked on their season when a winning playoff team would expect to have much needed "get right" week off.

Some of the players originally on the list may be back if they test negative 2x 24 hrs apart.  So what?  They're the ones we should have played originally.

Everybody knew when the season started that stuff would happen, games might have to be moved around or delayed

The league has NEVER been prompt about matters of discipline.  Usually takes them a year, which of course would have no disincentive value.

So it's possible they might act more promptly here, but like many things I expect the second person throwing the punch to get the penalty, that's just how life works.

5 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Good chart.  The Titans would get most of their players back which is not great for Buffalo.  They have created an issue and the league has helped them by the game date of Tuesday.

How does that matter?  If they hadn't had the covid-19 thing, these would be the guys we played.  Do you think we can't take them?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Does this chart take into account that they also need two consecutive negative tests at least 24 hours apart? Do they have that info for those marked as Yes? Not sure of the source.

I nabbed it from the Titans forum, it might be wrong.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They are playing their original opponent 2.5 days later. They arent' losing their bye week like the Steelers, or (as of yet) having a game tacked on their season when a winning playoff team would expect to have much needed "get right" week off.

Some of the players originally on the list may be back if they test negative 2x 24 hrs apart.  So what?  They're the ones we should have played originally.

Everybody knew when the season started that stuff would happen, games might have to be moved around or delayed

The league has NEVER been prompt about matters of discipline.  Usually takes them a year, which of course would have no disincentive value.

So it's possible they might act more promptly here, but like many things I expect the second person throwing the punch to get the penalty, that's just how life works.

This scheduling uncertainty isn't fair, Bills are stuck in a dumb as Hell limbo. I ask myself if the league would do this to their biggest darling and the answer is no, they would have a concrete idea about how their week 5 and week 6 games may or may not go ahead, not this bastardize ***** we are getting

Edited by Rochesterian Bills Fan

My main concern is that the best team we will face all year, and who we may end up in contention with for a bye or homefield advantage, is getting extra days of prep vs us while we will be playing on short rest.  That and the risk of playing against a team which still seems very likely to be in the middle of an active outbreak and whatever risks (which does seem to be low at this point given the data from around the league) come with it.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How does that matter?  If they hadn't had the covid-19 thing, these would be the guys we played.  Do you think we can't take them?

They are also coming off a "bye" which means our next two opponents will be coming off more rest, and have more time to prepare than us- that was not originally scheduled and out of no fault of our own.  And if it is found that the Titans were negligent, which it appears they were, then we are indeed getting screwed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Still down two starting WRs and their best d-lineman,  ill take it 

Edited by PaattMaann

Just now, SWATeam said:

They are also coming off a "bye" which means our next two opponents will be coming off more rest, and have more time to prepare than us- that was not originally scheduled and out of no fault of our own.  And if it is found that the Titans were negligent, which it appears they were, then we are indeed getting screwed.

They're not coming off a planned "bye" with a "bye" week schedule.  They've been locked out of their facility, away from their regular training routine and the care of their trainers.

I'm not saying it's an advantage to the Bills they have extra time off, I'm just asking: if it were the Bills who had several of their best players and their only LS on covid-19 reserve and questionable if they can play, and if the Bills had been locked out of their facility and at best were going to get in Saturday after 11 days of lock-out, to play in 3 days - would we think the Bills were getting screwed?

Betcha we would.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Bills are getting ****** because they lost a home primetime game, because of Tennessee's idiocy. 

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

The Bills are getting ****** because they lost a home primetime game, because of Tennessee's idiocy. 

We dont know for sure if we lost a home primetime game yet, plus with no fans...who cares if its home? You said the nation wont get to see live shots of niagara falls as intros and outros for commercials?

Edited by PaattMaann

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They're not coming off a planned "bye" with a "bye" week schedule.  They've been locked out of their facility, away from their regular training routine and the care of their trainers.

I'm not saying it's an advantage to the Bills they have extra time off, I'm just asking: if it were the Bills who had several of their best players and their only LS on covid-19 reserve and questionable if they can play, and if the Bills had been locked out of their facility and at best were going to get in Saturday after 11 days of lock-out, to play in 3 days - would we think the Bills were getting screwed?

Betcha we would.

I'd say no, if our actions mirrored that of the Titans.

6 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I nabbed it from the Titans forum, it might be wrong.

This scheduling uncertainty isn't fair, Bills are stuck in a dumb as Hell limbo. I ask myself if the league would do this to their biggest darling and the answer is no, they would have a concrete idea about how their week 5 and week 6 games may or may not go ahead, not this bastardize ***** we are getting

I dunno, you may be right, but since the Titans outbreak is the only one in the NFL to date I hope it stays that way and we'll never know. 

If the game was stuffed onto the end of the season when we would otherwise perhaps be entitled to a week off, I would think that was a screw job

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

My main concern is that the best team we will face all year, and who we may end up in contention with for a bye or homefield advantage, is getting extra days of prep vs us while we will be playing on short rest.  That and the risk of playing against a team which still seems very likely to be in the middle of an active outbreak and whatever risks (which does seem to be low at this point given the data from around the league) come with it.

If you are a good team, you will overcome all of this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

It's such a unique year.  I shocked myself by actually having a teensy bit of sympathy for the Patriots w/ the way the NFL handled Pats/Chiefs and Cam.

But my guess is that just about every team will have to make some compromises and quick adjustments before the season is through.  It's the trade-off for actually having football - which is a trade-off I'll make any ol' time.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I'm not saying it can't be overcome, but I do think we're already not as good as the Chiefs.  I think we would have maybe a 30% chance of winning that game without being at this disadvantage, and now we're maybe around 15%.  

I don't want the Bills to use it as an excuse, but I think it's fair to point out that it sucks.

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Well to be honest, that is horse *****. It ignores the very real possibility of two teams very near to equal in skill going against each other. Or some nightmare scenario where the Bills get infect with COVID by Tenesse. If Josh Allen misses a lengthy stretch due to COVID the playoff hopes are in doubt. Being skilled on the grid iron does not stop a virus.

Sorry but I fully expect a positive test between now and Monday. I assume the plan will be to then play week 18 which leaves us back to having spent the whole week prepping and still getting shafted at season end. The NFL had the opportunity to build in extra season buffer week(s) on day 1 knowing this was a Covid year and they chose not to. Shame on them for being so ignorant. Goodell is a stooge. 

Edited by Locomark