Josh Allen - week FOUR report card

rayray808

Probably the worst play was the Injury Play.  It’s one of those plays where you realize Allen is probably never going to learn that every play isn’t the last play of the game.  It’s going  by to take a more serious injury to hammer it home.  And that sucks for him...the team and the fans.  But it is where it is trending.

So that play probably drops the grade to a B+.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don't even have words for this foolishness

So, out of all 4 of his games, you think this one was better than his against Miami and the Rams?

That’s all I’m saying and explaining why 

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Probably the worst play was the Injury Play.  It’s one of those plays where you realize Allen is probably never going to learn that every play isn’t the last play of the game.  It’s going  by to take a more serious injury to hammer it home.  And that sucks for him...the team and the fans.  But it is where it is trending.

So that play probably drops the grade to a B+.

He will never learn that and to be honest I don't want him to. It is the hero inside him that makes him great. You are going to have to live with a few bad moments as a result, but the good outweighs the bad so we are fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Probably the worst play was the Injury Play.

This is nonsense. That was one of his best plays of the game. If your QB can't run and take a hit in 2020 you don't have a QB. Brady is the lone exception right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He will never learn that and to be honest I don't want him to. It is the hero inside him that makes him great. You are going to have to live with a few bad moments as a result, but the good outweighs the bad so we are fine.

Exactly. Josh is always going to have that risk/reward to him which makes him great as usually the good outweighs the bad. 

Or we can just have a conservative QB and sign Tyrod Taylor back..

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly. It's what lets Josh be Josh. If he did what people want him to do, he would have 2-3 less bad plays and 9-10 less good ones. Unless you expect him to make the right decision 99% of the time, which is stupid.

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is nonsense. That was one of his best plays of the game. If your QB can't run and take a hit in 2020 you don't have a QB. Brady is the lone exception right now.

Not even close.

its one of the worst considering the situation.  Your up 14-6 already in field goal range.  You dump the ball into the stands, stay clean and get the 3.

31 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

No 300 yard game. He sux.

haha. Apart from that bizarre 3rd down he was great again.

2 15 yard drops. One catch gives him 303yds. Im happy to talk you off the edge. No need to thank me. BTW, saw your sarcasm. 

33 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

24/34 - 71% completion - 288 yards - 2 TDs passing - 1 TD rushing - 0 turnovers

He had one bad play. That's it. So for those who want to harp on the late sack he took that got us out of field goal range, here is me recognizing that yes, it was a bad play. Now let's move on to the rest of the game...

Unreal accuracy and poise shown today. The bad drops today didn't break him and cause the offense to unravel like it has done in the past. Just darts all over the field. The fastball and change up was working. Short passes. Deep passes. He had it all. The what should have been TD pass to John Brown as just amazing. The laser to Beasley was a throw not many in the league could make. There was no trickery, and broken plays needed. Josh Allen did it with his arm today.

There was a moment after he got hurt where the season flashed before my eyes. If he would have broken his collarbone I honestly have no idea where we would be as a team. Perhaps that "Plan B" is something we should start thinking about as the W's pile up?

This now marks 4 games in a row where we saw Josh Allen the passer. Josh Allen the franchise QB. Josh Allen the AFC offensive player of the month. Josh Allen... the potential MVP.

GO BILLS!

So why A- and not an A or A+?  You are always at least a half grad too low every week.  I mean reading your notes, you would think for sure it’s an A.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

He had one bad play. That's it. So for those who want to harp on the late sack he took that got us out of field goal range, here is me recognizing that yes, it was a bad play. Now let's move on to the rest of the game...

Unreal accuracy and poise shown today. The bad drops today didn't break him and cause the offense to unravel like it has done in the past. Just darts all over the field. The fastball and change up was working. Short passes. Deep passes. He had it all. The what should have been TD pass to John Brown as just amazing. The laser to Beasley was a throw not many in the league could make. There was no trickery, and broken plays needed. Josh Allen did it with his arm today.

There was a moment after he got hurt where the season flashed before my eyes. If he would have broken his collarbone I honestly have no idea where we would be as a team. Perhaps that "Plan B" is something we should start thinking about as the W's pile up?

This now marks 4 games in a row where we saw Josh Allen the passer. Josh Allen the franchise QB. Josh Allen the AFC offensive player of the month. Josh Allen... the potential MVP.

GO BILLS!

Ya when josh went down I thought the game was over. A good backup would be nice

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So, out of all 4 of his games, you think this one was better than his against Miami and the Rams?

That’s all I’m saying and explaining why 

Yep I'll say it again - this was the most consistent game of his career. Dolphins was overall better because he had to make huge plays at the end. As far as managing a game goes this was as good as it gets.

34 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

GO BILLS!

Beautiful analysis. This guy is right there with the top QBs in the NFL. Have you noticed he doesn't run that much anymore, because he's putting a priority on taking care of the football.