Josh Allen - week FOUR report card

rayray808

58 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I don’t mind the bad moments when it’s warranted.

You need to sell out to get into field goal range at end of half/game...get a 1st down/touchdown or game is over.

by all means.

But you have a 8 point lead in the second quarter.  And your doing a play like that that makes it appear that it’s the end of the game.

No way dude.  It’s just not a smart play.  And look what happened...he ran to locker room.

It's all part of the maturation process.  And someday we will look back and miss these insane, yet dynamic plays.  I choose to enjoy it for what it is.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I rarely, rarely criticize Josh for those kinds of plays. I totally accept his hero ball and never want to stifle or censor him in any way when he tries to make a play to win the game. The risk reward is 90% in his favor. The bonehead play people are talking about was not that. It was plain dumb.

No I agree the sack was dumb and Allen admitted it after the game but it was his only mistake. The guy has thrown zero red zone interceptions in his career. If he once in a while takes 3 points off the board we'll live with it.

• Like (+1) 1

If there was something between an A- and an A I'd go with that.  He deserves a TON of credit working his tail off in the offseason during Covid.  I don't even see the usual arrant throws anymore.

Just now, HappyDays said:

No I agree the sack was dumb and Allen admitted it after the game but it was his only mistake. The guy has thrown zero red zone interceptions in his career. If he once in a while takes 3 points off the board we'll live with it.

The play calling was horrendous.  Run the damn ball.  Eat some clock.  Kick the field goal to make it a three possession game.  Daboll just got too cute.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No question. Again, I hardly ever criticize his hero ball. I think we expect too much out of a guy like him. He escapes trouble 90% of the time. He holds the ball way too long and THEN makes a great play on a regular basis. It's incredible. People want to take all of the good on those with few or none of the bad. This particular play though, was an outlier. It was criminally dumb because of FG range up 14 mid fourth quarter.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If there was something between an A- and an A I'd go with that.  He deserves a TON of credit working his tail off in the offseason during Covid.  I don't even see the usual arrant throws anymore.

The play calling was horrendous.  Run the damn ball.  Eat some clock.  Kick the field goal to make it a three possession game.  Daboll just got too cute.

Devin averaged 3.1 YPC. We weren't particularly cooking on the ground.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

Another A+, nothing to quibble about.

In college an A is the best you can get.  I see an A as perfection.  Maybe we should get our metrics straight.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Devin averaged 3.1 YPC. We weren't particularly cooking on the ground.

We were in field goal range.

47 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So why A- and not an A or A+?  You are always at least a half grad too low every week.  I mean reading your notes, you would think for sure it’s an A.  

Agree 100%. This grading ‘system’ is arbitrary and useless...save creating dialogue here. 

That was a home run...I’ll give it a C. 😃 

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

I would have given him an A, but the bonehead play to take them out of a game clinching field goal. So . . .

A-

Agree. Love Josh but he has to be better than that. It’s his third year and for all practical purposes you throw the ball away, kick the FG to put the team up three scores. GAME OVER.  Again great game but he has to recognize in that situation, no turnover and no sack.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

In college an A is the best you can get.  I see an A as perfection.  Maybe we should get our metrics straight.

We were in field goal range.

Feel free to work on your metrics.

A+ :worthy:

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is nice that our argument can be whether he earned an A not whether one of our former QBs earned the B when we really know they deserve the C.

Ha.

"It was a C+ because of that one 9 yard first down!"

"You're nuts! D-! On that 3rd and 8 he got 7 yards! They should have gone for it!"

• Like (+1) 1