Josh Allen - week FOUR report card

rayray808

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He will never learn that and to be honest I don't want him to. It is the hero inside him that makes him great. You are going to have to live with a few bad moments as a result, but the good outweighs the bad so we are fine.

I don’t mind the bad moments when it’s warranted.

You need to sell out to get into field goal range at end of half/game...get a 1st down/touchdown or game is over.

by all means.

But you have a 8 point lead in the second quarter.  And your doing a play like that that makes it appear that it’s the end of the game.

No way dude.  It’s just not a smart play.  And look what happened...he ran to locker room.

I’m good with A - A minus. He has total control of this offense right now and once again made  some insane throws to Beasley and Smoke that I’m not sure many qbs make. I’m not happy with the sack but I think this 

Right now he has a huge load to carry on his shoulder. He has to carry us because we are lacking in other areas. Like we had guys drop three straight balls on him, kicker misses an extra point, for three quarters Carr is throwing all over us with replacement receivers.. at some point It’s gotta wear mentally

I think  maybe the Coaches  wanted him to protect him coming out of half, play it a bit safe get him loose again. I also think late in the game  our coaches wanted to score again keep throwing  let’s get some confidence with another td and learn to put teams away. 

some guys stepped up big time in the fourth for us that was great! I want to see bigger players from our d for four quarters, bend and don’t break is going to cost us at some point. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It may been said but the sack took him under 300

No it didn't. Sacks don't reduce a QBs passing yards. 

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

We lose this game, and lose it badly, without Allen.

No grade, just saying that Josh Allen is literally carrying this team right now.

MVP

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

A- 

The sack was really that bad but it was really his only mistake in an otherwise good day.

So do you not give higher than an A- grade? If you're saying a one mistake game is an A- that must be the highest you'll go.

Just now, HappyDays said:

So do you not give higher than an A- grade? If you're saying a one mistake game is an A- that must be the highest you'll go.

Even though it was not a turnover, that mistake was far bigger than a normal play where he does the same thing by knocking us out of FG range in a 14 point game which all but wins it. That takes it from a stupid mistake to an intolerable mistake. And in turn, we likely had to recover an onside kick to secure the win. Not that Bass's FG would have been automatic but still.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Even though it was not a turnover, that mistake was far bigger than a normal play where he does the same thing by knocking us out of FG range in a 14 point game which all but wins it. That takes it from a stupid mistake to an intolerable mistake. And in turn, we likely had to recover an onside kick to secure the win. Not that Bass's FG would have been automatic but still.

You can find a costly mistake from every QB in every game. Against Miami he almost threw a pick six. The overreaction to one play is classic fan tunnel vision. And like you said above the mindset that causes that bad play will be responsible for five good plays.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

The drops were more on Josh than the receivers. Hard throws down below the knees on the move. He seemed a bit jumpy after the injury bet settled back down. The sack was old Josh rearing its head. 

You can find a costly mistake from every QB in every game. Against Miami he almost threw a pick six. This is classic fan tunnel vision.

Of course you can. But the time of the game is a huge factor in whether the mistake is consequential or non-consequential. That play is a nothing in the first half, but rather large when it happened.

24 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Not even close.

its one of the worst considering the situation.  Your up 14-6 already in field goal range.  You dump the ball into the stands, stay clean and get the 3.

No thanks. I love that Allen can turn a broken play into a miracle completion that brings up 4th and short. Do you watch Patrick Mahomes play? This is the style that QBs are winning with right now.

No thanks. I love that Allen can turn a broken play into a miracle completion that brings up 4th and short. Do you watch Patrick Mahomes play? This is the style that QBs are winning with right now.

I rarely, rarely criticize Josh for those kinds of plays. I totally accept his hero ball and never want to stifle or censor him in any way when he tries to make a play to win the game. The risk reward is 90% in his favor. The bonehead play people are talking about was not that. It was plain dumb.