Josh Allen - week FOUR report card

rayray808

1 hour ago, eball said:

I texted my buddies at the time that the throw to Brown (that should have been a TD) was one of the best passes I’ve ever seen.

It’s time for us to stop wondering if Josh will ever be a top-notch passer and start enjoying it.  He’s there, and the scary part is he will probably get even better.

During the Bills discussion today on "Get up", Orlovsky highlighted the throw to Brown and how insane it really was. Said he literally had a 3inch x 3inch box to put that ball in or its not getting caught. Followed that up by saying anytime Allen has walked on the field this year he's been the baddest dude out there for either team and Allen knows it as well...

What really put a smile on my face is when Ryan Clark, a guy who hasnt shied away from criticizing allen in the the past, said he tweeted out how upset he was to see Allen get hurt. Saying he believes Josh is now the type of player that brings the quality of league up and that we'd all be getting cheated if he had to miss time..... WOW.

Needless to say i caught myself grinning from ear to ear at the conclusion of that discussion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

During the Bills discussion today on "Get up", Orlovsky highlighted the throw to Brown and how insane it really was. Said he literally had a 3inch x 3inch box to put that ball in or its not getting caught. Followed that up by saying anytime Allen has walked on the field this year he's been the baddest dude out there for either team and Allen knows it as well...

What really put a smile on my face is when Ryan Clark, a guy who hasnt shied away from criticizing allen in the the past, said he tweeted out how upset he was to see Allen get hurt. Saying he believes Josh is now the type of player that brings the quality of league up and that we'd all be getting cheated if he had to miss time..... WOW.

Needless to say i caught myself grinning from ear to ear at the conclusion of that discussion.

Its the same throw Manning broke down on his Detail episode last week, and told folks "Dont try this at home" because only a few people can do it. It is a BIG TIME, BIG BOY throw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have not disagreed much with you this year on these this year but to me this game was too many flashes of old Josh. I think you are a bit too high here. He almost had a couple of plays where he was had they gone a little differently they could have been on the "not top 10" this am. Imagine he fumbles on that hand off to Singletary, that 3rd down sack a few minutes prior becomes a laughable play as well. We got lucky there, big time. 

I am most concerned this week at his ball placement and how long he is holding onto the ball. I would love to see them both get back to where they were 2 weeks ago. So far after 4 games, Allen's big offseason issue needs to be processing the field quicker. Or at least getting rid of the ball sooner. We don't see him often get the top of his drop and release. Otherwise I am thrilled with him so far this season. 

Raiders game gets a B from me. 

Edited by Mango
  • Thank you (+1) 1