Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

59 minutes ago, TBBills said:

He is another one of those. ***** two old as ***** guys, one with an evil ego driven almost dementia type of personality, the other can't string a sentence together. This country is truly ***** for the next 4 years.

Those are our choices.  And given the choice between "almost dementia" and "actual dementia," I'll take the former.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Those are our choices.  And given the choice between "almost dementia" and "actual dementia," I'll take the former.

Exactly Biden is probably the best choice since he won't destroy the country like Trump has and will continue to do. Biden seems like he can be controlled to get this country working again.

Why take the guy who obviously has dementia in Trump b.c he is dangerous to this country. Riots, unrest created by his comments and tweet, his pro violence view is not the way the weak minded in this country can handle b.c they have been actually going out and doing this *****. ANTIFA and Proud Boys never had any power before Trump. Since he took office terroristic group names now have power b.c of him 

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Exactly Biden is probably the best choice since he won't destroy the country like Trump has and will continue to do. Biden seems like he can be controlled to get this country working again.

Why take the guy who obviously has dementia in Trump b.c he is dangerous to this country. Riots, unrest created by his comments and tweet, his pro violence view is not the way the weak minded in this country can handle b.c they have been actually going out and doing this *****. ANTIFA and Proud Boys never had any power before Trump. Since he took office terroristic group names now have power b.c of him 

Keep being you.....lol

2 hours ago, westside2 said:

Keep being you.....lol

Yea and keep adding nothing but garbage... Maybe SDS will throw you out also just like DR.

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

🤣

That is good, just like Wanka fooling everyone. Trump is doing the same thing 

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

Yeah, I really love how he refused to condemn the destruction going on in the country until months later when his poll numbers started dropping. Not destroy the country my ass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We have nothing to fear but... Be afraid!! Be very afraid!!!

I'm completely jaded about the highly polarized blabbing about Trump's "Don't let it dominate you, don't be afraid of it" speech:

I don't think people actually disagree about anything here. The virus is dangerous, and we need to do what we can to navigate the risks but we also must balance other considerations — such as the mental and economic wellbeing of the nation and the need for children to play and learn. We should be smart and rational and make good decisions given the information and expertise that is currently available.

But the election is breathing heavily down our neck, breathing more heavily than sick/not sick Donald Trump having gamely climbed a big flight of stairs and positioned himself on the balcony to tell us he's doing just fine. So the various commentators are acting as though we're at polar opposites.

Trump's opponents had to counter his "Don't let it dominate you, don't be afraid of it" with accusations that he was saying the virus isn't even a problem at all and you shouldn't take any precautions. But are they saying be very afraid and let it dominate you? No, they are not. The disagreement is bull####. There's just some variation in how cautious you need to be or how much you ought to display cautiousness.

You know, a lot of people are talking about karma — because Trump didn't take enough care, he was sanguine, and then he got what was coming. So let me quote you a line from John Lennon's "Instant Karma": "Why in the world are we here?/Surely not to live in pain and fear?"

Posted by Ann Althouse
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Any thoughts on the gasping for air? He still looks sick.

I'm not that impressed by him looking a bit winded. Really, even under normal, pre-COVID circumstances, do you think he would've been able to climb those stairs without huffing and puffing a bit? It's not like he hits the stairmaster every day ....

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/5/2020 at 2:51 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The pity card is exclusive domain of The Boys 4 Biden campaign. We’re the punch back crowd. 

Since we seem to agree on the issue of multiple different  approaches to COVID and advise given to the populace, we can move past that and acknowledge that I’ll consider one side and you the other. 

As for his base, we—generally speaking—-have no desire to stay hunkered down in fear, to believe in the tall tales told that massive groups safe small groups danger,  and we’re interested in getting back to work  if in fact we haven’t been working.  We’ll move forward with masks and social distancing guidelines for now, respect the danger posed to some by the virus, and move forward.  

Check your handrails, brother, make sure you stay on the outside of the refrigerator when you close the door, and remember that danger lurks around every corner. With luck, you’ve rid your home of the plastic bags they used to hand out at the grocery store as they pose a major suffocation hazard.  

Meanwhile DJT being discharged tonight at 6, a positive we can all agree on. 

You hunkered down TO PROTECT people you love and care about first and foremost.  

Fear??

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.

As to those too ignorant to protect themselves and they get infected and ask for pity?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

As to those too ignorant to protect themselves and they get infected and ask for pity?

And here’s where you get it all wrong. Those in the less than vulnerable age group should ALL be getting infected as quickly as possible! Playing prevent defense is not, and will not, work. 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You hunkered down TO PROTECT people you love and care about first and foremost.  

Fear??

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.

maxresdefault.jpg

I feel like you took my comments out of context.  I completely agree that I originally hunkered down to protect those I love.  

My comment, however, was about the continuation of the bunker mindset that Biden and others propose. Biden sells fear. Cuomo sells fear.  I would not want either at the helm during a Pearl Harbor type event:

"The only thing we have to feah...is that forces of the Imperial Japanese Ahmy will overrun the country, enslave our people, destroy our way of life and conditions will be quite quite brutal.". 

Two last thoughts...I think the quotation you shared is appropriate and very fitting.  It's the very essence of what DJT spoke about the other night with respect to COVID.   

As for those too ignorant and the like, I disagree.  We can debate the extent to which we may/may not care about that sort of thing, but certainly I care about infections and deaths for those that become infected.  Stepping away from COVID, I 'care' about the death of Eddie Van Halen for a variety of reasons though death from lung cancer seemed directly linked to a lifetime of heavy smoking.  Since he was aged 65, I am confident in stating he heard the same general message points about the dangers of smoking as I did though I'm a few years younger. Am I sitting in the dark wondering about the meaning of life?  No, but kinda sad nonetheless. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just don’t see the idea of new short term COVID restrictions and “opening up” longer term as mutually exclusive. If we are going to do the latter without running the risk of a huge spike overwhelming health care facilities, the first step would be to press reset and get the shutdown done right this time. If we could get to where S Korea, Taiwan, and other countries are — hell,

I would even take Canada — with more widely available and faster testing we would be able to reopen more of our economy, particularly schools. 
More of the same haphazard policy = prolonging the semi-shutdown agony. 

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The only ones being ignorant are the ones listening to The Donald 

This is a SERIOUS disease.  

Flaunt it at your own peril. 

We agree there. Please stay in your bunker! It’ll leave more social distance for the rest of us to live our lives. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The only ones being ignorant are the ones listening to The Donald 

This is a SERIOUS disease.  

Flaunt it at your own peril. 

It is serious but not for most. We can't shut down the country for a disease with its current risk profile. We need to get back to life. 

EdDHOuWWkAMR5dD.thumb.png.31d21bb690ed8b166fb89100436e5c79.png

Covid added about 2.5 deaths per 1000 in this. Substantial, but brings the deaths per 1000 back to about 1990 levels temporarily. And the worst of the death spike is long behind us. Can it go up? Yes. Will it return to April levels. Not likely barring the highly improbably mutation. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I just don’t see the idea of new short term COVID restrictions and “opening up” longer term as mutually exclusive. If we are going to do the latter without running the risk of a huge spike overwhelming health care facilities, the first step would be to press reset and get the shutdown done right this time. If we could get to where S Korea, Taiwan, and other countries are — hell,

I would even take Canada — with more widely available and faster testing we would be able to reopen more of our economy, particularly schools. 
More of the same haphazard policy = prolonging the semi-shutdown agony. 

Testing is widely available.  Having a sample taken for a PCR test and getting the results days to weeks later was always pretty useless, but if you want to get tested these days you can get a test. Not sure what the current turnaround time is everywhere, but anecdotally I've heard 24-48 hours locally and of course there are POC molecular covid tests available too. Rapid POC antigen tests are now coming to market as well and are the best mass screening tool.  Mass PCR testing was never really practical or very useful for containing the spread when the time to result was so long.  Blaming Trump, Obama or any politician for not having a national PCR testing apparatus in place for a novel viral pathogen is playing politics.

There is absolutely no reason to keep the vast majority of the country, particularly schools, locked down.  Not only is there no reason for it for the vast majority of Americans, continuing to do it at this point is insane.

24 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Testing is widely available.  Having a sample taken for a PCR test and getting the results days to weeks later was always pretty useless, but if you want to get tested these days you can get a test. Not sure what the current turnaround time is everywhere, but anecdotally I've heard 24-48 hours locally and of course there are POC molecular covid tests available too. Rapid POC antigen tests are now coming to market as well and are the best mass screening tool.  Mass PCR testing was never really practical or very useful for containing the spread when the time to result was so long.  Blaming Trump, Obama or any politician for not having a national PCR testing apparatus in place for a novel viral pathogen is playing politics.

There is absolutely no reason to keep the vast majority of the country, particularly schools, locked down.  Not only is there no reason for it for the vast majority of Americans, continuing to do it at this point is insane.

...I certainly agree......my kids are grown (no grand kids yet) and immersed in their professional careers.....at the same time, there are so many other factors that folks, families, etc are facing, that IMO have not been adequately addressed, and I emphasize with all....just some quick thoughts....

1. Younger kids were taken out of their peer environment since March which is vital to their development.

2. With remote learning in a two income family where there are no options to work from home, whose income gets sacrificed for a parent to stay home? If there are no options to work from home, can the household now afford a sitter/tutor for the remote learners (bet that rates are much higher)? Is there now financial stress on the household?

3. Parents at work with their peers and children at school with their peers provides a perhaps much needed 8 hour break from each other. With parents and kids under the same roof 24/7, do tempers/tolerance get shorter to where there is physical abuse?

4. I think home schooling due to Covid-19 casts parents into a facet never anticipated. Can they be effective despite their best efforts? Does their stress increase?

5. Plenty of articles about stimulus checks, unemployment checks with the CARES Act stipend still not having arrived. If correct, how do added financial pressures affect the household? Plenty of articles about suicides on the increase.

These are just some quick points, none of which thankfully affect me, but I SERIOUSLY do emphasize with those facing them.....stay strong and persevere..........

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

It is serious but not for most. We can't shut down the country for a disease with its current risk profile. We need to get back to life. 

EdDHOuWWkAMR5dD.thumb.png.31d21bb690ed8b166fb89100436e5c79.png

Covid added about 2.5 deaths per 1000 in this. Substantial, but brings the deaths per 1000 back to about 1990 levels temporarily. And the worst of the death spike is long behind us. Can it go up? Yes. Will it return to April levels. Not likely barring the highly improbably mutation. 

and IMO this is the greatest misconception of it all

if a certain person said mask up from the getgo we would not be in the situation we are in now. 

If everyone had masked up in March we would / could be back to full steam ahead whilst still masking up and washing hand etc

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I feel like you took my comments out of context.  I completely agree that I originally hunkered down to protect those I love.  

My comment, however, was about the continuation of the bunker mindset that Biden and others propose. Biden sells fear. Cuomo sells fear.  I would not want either at the helm during a Pearl Harbor type event:

"The only thing we have to feah...is that forces of the Imperial Japanese Ahmy will overrun the country, enslave our people, destroy our way of life and conditions will be quite quite brutal.". 

Two last thoughts...I think the quotation you shared is appropriate and very fitting.  It's the very essence of what DJT spoke about the other night with respect to COVID.   

As for those too ignorant and the like, I disagree.  We can debate the extent to which we may/may not care about that sort of thing, but certainly I care about infections and deaths for those that become infected.  Stepping away from COVID, I 'care' about the death of Eddie Van Halen for a variety of reasons though death from lung cancer seemed directly linked to a lifetime of heavy smoking.  Since he was aged 65, I am confident in stating he heard the same general message points about the dangers of smoking as I did though I'm a few years younger. Am I sitting in the dark wondering about the meaning of life?  No, but kinda sad nonetheless. 

Strangely enough, the steps you can take to overcome the fear of isolation are 1, masks for all, 2, social distancing, 3, avoiding large groups. All these issues trump and his peeps could not bring themselves to sell to the American public, especially his followers. 

The statement could have been inclusive of these precautions but he thinks he is so macho. Couldn't  go into the army, but he is macho.😂

28 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

and IMO this is the greatest misconception of it all

if a certain person said mask up from the getgo we would not be in the situation we are in now. 

If everyone had masked up in March we would / could be back to full steam ahead whilst still masking up and washing hand etc

masks have done nothing to change the spread of the virus-

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, spartacus said:

masks have done nothing to change the spread of the virus-

...."shoulda ....coulda...woulda."....for something we have NOT faced since 1917 is a fallacious "hide behind" for those with Trump hatred engrained.....Shady is gonna be BBMB Shady.......

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Strangely enough, the steps you can take to overcome the fear of isolation are 1, masks for all, 2, social distancing, 3, avoiding large groups. All these issues trump and his peeps could not bring themselves to sell to the American public, especially his followers. 

The statement could have been inclusive of these precautions but he thinks he is so macho. Couldn't  go into the army, but he is macho.😂

You had tens of thousands of people in the streets in cities across the country, scattershot mask discipline and virtually no social distancing, in cities across the country.  It went on night after night after night.  The protests were met with encouragement and approval of democrat leadership across the country, and quite frankly by many republicans.  

Yet, in NY for example, churches, restaurants, bars, and hair salons with a max capacity of 25 were closed for an extended period of time under threat of criminal and civil penalties.  When reopened, max capacity was limited to 25% occupancy.  

The story you are selling may be one you believe, but it is a work of fiction.  

On the other hand, maybe you believe the death toll would be under 25,000 absent the massive and sustained protests. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You had tens of thousands of people in the streets in cities across the country, scattershot mask discipline and virtually no social distancing, in cities across the country.  It went on night after night after night.  The protests were met with encouragement and approval of democrat leadership across the country, and quite frankly by many republicans.  

Yet, in NY for example, churches, restaurants, bars, and hair salons with a max capacity of 25 were closed for an extended period of time under threat of criminal and civil penalties.  When reopened, max capacity was limited to 25% occupancy.  

The story you are selling may be one you believe, but it is a work of fiction.  

On the other hand, maybe you believe the death toll would be under 25,000 absent the massive and sustained protests. 

I actually agree with you on the protests. We have no documented superspreader events from them. They were outdoors and people were moving around. It fits what we now know about COVID spread. 
I disagree, however, with your suggestion that indoor dining is anything similar. There you have the potential for significant aerosol spread. 
Our problem is this: COVID conservatives ban things that appear relatively safe, like limited attendance at outdoor sports venues or concert locations. COVID libertarians say open it all up 100% right now even though we know certain venues (indoor bars) are dangerous. We have 8 good months of information now, but everyone acts as if it were still March 15. 

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I actually agree with you on the protests. We have no documented superspreader events from them. They were outdoors and people were moving around. It fits what we now know about COVID spread. 
I disagree, however, with your suggestion that indoor dining is anything similar. There you have the potential for significant aerosol spread. 
Our problem is this: COVID conservatives ban things that appear relatively safe, like limited attendance at outdoor sports venues or concert locations. COVID libertarians say open it all up 100% right now even though we know certain venues (indoor bars) are dangerous. We have 8 good months of information now, but everyone acts as if it were still March 15. 

I was referencing outdoor dining, but the point remains the same.  

The mantra about outdoor protests being safe was silly.  25,000 people do not suddenly materialize at the site of a protest.  They ride busses, cars, trains and airplanes to arrive at the protest site.  They eat, sleep,  and **** somewhere.  They stop at rest areas, McDonalds, but and train stations, convenience stores, hardware stores and so on. 

On the other hand,for someone like Niagara Bill, the reality is that the increasing death toll is directly tied to the protests. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Not True.  His administration put out guidelines months ago to states including mask recommendations and in nearly every state masks have been required at some point or currently when entering a business or government building.  Governors make that determination within each state.