Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

5 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Trillions spent on 17 (official) intelligence agencies, digital surveillance, and the military, and yet we don't know when or how the POTUS during a pandemic contracted the latest plague when most assume it came from our bestest friend ever the Communist Chinese mainland...

The problem isn't the President...

What have we really been paying for for all these decades?

These bureaucracies seem completely unaccountable to anyone...ever...

...and some want to raise taxes...

The entire bureaucratic structure of our government is on autopilot...

The American people haven't gotten the truth since...

Who exactly wants to raise defense spending?

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It was your factoid and I'm just applying it to what I've seen from The Donald for many years now. 

It might be true. Dementia, including Alzheimer's, creeps up on people.   Dementia isn't simply forgetfulness.  It's also the loss of the ability to focus, to make decisions, etc.   Excessive irritability, stubbornness, temper tantrums, the use of foul language, etc in people who didn't exhibit those traits in their younger days can be tell-tale signs that family members and friends only recognize in hindsight. 

I'm not a psychiatrist or psychologist but being on the wrong side of 70 and having some contemporaries who are suffering from age-related dementia, I'm alert to possible signs of it, especially in myself. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

It might be true. Dementia, including Alzheimer's, creeps up on people.   Dementia isn't simply forgetfulness.  It's also the loss of the ability to focus, to make decisions, etc.   Excessive irritability, stubbornness, temper tantrums, the use of foul language, etc in people who didn't exhibit those traits in their younger days can be tell-tale signs that family members and friends only recognize in hindsight. 

I'm not a psychiatrist or psychologist but being on the wrong side of 70 and having some contemporaries who are suffering from age-related dementia, I'm alert to possible signs of it, especially in myself. 

I never watched his show but I'm pretty sure he's always been this way.  Has there been any remarkable changes in his behavior lately?  I don't think so. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

210,000 dead, but don’t worry 

Correct!  I don't let it worry me at all!   But then again I'm not a fat ***** with any comorbidity issues. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No one does??  

So you're judging BOC on one song?  How many of their songs are you familiar with? 

Don't Fear the Reaper

Don't Fear the Reaper (live) 

Don't Fear the Reaper (remastered)

Burning' For You

Godzilla

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I never watched his show but I'm pretty sure he's always been this way.  Has there been any remarkable changes in his behavior lately?  I don't think so. 

Correct!  I don't let it worry me at all!   But then again I'm not a fat ***** with any comorbidity issues. 

The one thing that several commentators remarked on back in the spring/summer when Trump was bragging on his "great" cognitive test results was that his verbal vocabulary had deteriorated.  He sounds more like a middle schooler rather than a college educated adult when he speaks or tweets, but twenty years ago, he was much more articulate.   Notice how often he describes things as "great" when he speaks or tweets.  It's like he doesn't know any other positive word ... unless it's "greatest".

You left off "old".  Age is definitely a factor in the deadliness of the coronavirus, probably because most older folks have some comorbity issues.  

Just now, SoTier said:

The one thing that several commentators remarked on back in the spring/summer when Trump was bragging on his "great" cognitive test results was that his verbal vocabulary had deteriorated.  He sounds more like a middle schooler rather than a college educated adult when he speaks or tweets, but twenty years ago, he was much more articulate.   Notice how often he describes things as "great" when he speaks or tweets.  It's like he doesn't know any other positive word ... unless it's "greatest".

You left off "old".  Age is definitely a factor in the deadliness of the coronavirus, probably because most older folks have some comorbity issues.  

Well I'm not young either.  I'm not of an age to be in that high risk category but I'm getting close.  I think that's what you were referring to in your last part. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Well I'm not young either.  I'm not of an age to be in that high risk category but I'm getting close.  I think that's what you were referring to in your last part. 

Yes, it was.  

12 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Don't Fear the Reaper

Burning' For You

Godzilla

Oh you're a newbie.  Those are from after they jumped the shark.

Cities on Flame

Me 262

Buck's Boogie

7 Screaming Diz-Busters

Subhuman

Hot Rails to Hell

Pretty much anything from On Your Feet or On Your Knees

• Like (+1) 1

Cities on Flame

Me 262

Buck's Boogie

7 Screaming Diz-Busters

Subhuman

Hot Rails to Hell

I made a note in my planner to listen to these while in the office tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No one does??  

So you're judging BOC on one song?  How many of their songs are you familiar with? 

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

Don't Fear the Reaper

Burning' For You

Godzilla

T

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Cities on Flame

Me 262

Buck's Boogie

7 Screaming Diz-Busters

Subhuman

Hot Rails to Hell

Saw them before they jumped the shark.

I was at the Paramount in Portland when they recorded for On Your Feet or On Your Knees.
Last Days of May is a classic BOC song as well..

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

I made a note in my planner to listen to these while in the office tomorrow.

Buck Dharma was one of the best early rock guitarists, IMHO.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Bravo to him back at 1600. Hope he recovers fully. 

Don't worry he has been fully recovered for a long time. His mind though... No chance for him to recover that.

This is crazy how predictable this was.

Edited by TBBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Don't worry he has been fully recovered for a long time. His mind though... No chance for him to recover that.

This is crazy how predictable this was.

If only were as mentally astute as Joe...

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

If only were as mentally astute as Joe...

He is another one of those. ***** two old as ***** guys, one with an evil ego driven almost dementia type of personality, the other can't string a sentence together. This country is truly ***** for the next 4 years.