Jump to content

The End of the Lamar Jackson Era


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Jackson is a quality young man, who is an amazing athlete, and enjoyed a lot of success. He's still only 24. He's going to have to get better reading defenses and as a QB in general though before he will go any further. You shut him down running and he crumbles. It's been this way for years now. I actually think Roman may be more of a hindrance in the long run if they want to actually develop Lamar. 

Totally agree theyre not really trusting him with the offense to change calls up at the line etc he just goes out there and plays and does everything their offense asks him to do

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said since the beginning of the year that I'm not buying the Lamar Jackson hype, and I'm not buying the Kyler Murray hype, either.   I know they are really special athletes, and they're a couple

Say it with me..."We don't have to tear down Lamar, to prop Josh up".   Lamar is a phenomenal player and deserves his place at the "elite of the elite" table. Josh is well on his way to earn

Eh. I would be pissed if JA had a clunker and the rest of the league said, see! I told you he wasn't any good! I don't think we should do the same to LJ.    Tonight seemed as much about LJ h

Posted Images

Just now, HappyDays said:

 

I'm not trying to dump on him. I'm just saying it is looking more and more like his style cannot carry you further than a participation trophy in the playoffs. Elite athleticism only gets you so far. Eventually you have to sit back and read the field and beat the coverage with your throw. He can't do it.

 

Right. You can be happy beyond belief that the Bills won and still offer legitimate criticism of Lamar Jackson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

possible he wins another one.

 

Bills figured out how to stop him hmm.

 

Not like the huge wind had anything to do with that?


Did you not notice that Allen wasn’t on his A game tonight? ..

 

 

Wind had a decent part. So did play calling.  So did his first half decision making. 3 times he could of easily thrown for a first down and instead threw the ball deep

 

You have to give it to Baltimore's defense.. they are the real deal

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

possible he wins another one.

 

Bills figured out how to stop him hmm.

 

Not like the huge wind had anything to do with that?


Did you not notice that Allen wasn’t on his A game tonight? ..

 

 

 

You are dreaming if you think he wins another MVP......I don't want to argue on such a happy night for our Bills, so lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

 

Go Bills!!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I stand by what I said way back when in the beginning of this thread: the Bills have literally written the script to beat Lamar. The comparison between him and Josh, tonight notwithstanding, should be over. 
 

Just my opinion. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 9:51 PM, Jpsredemption said:

This will be a real joke Saturday night when Jackson torches us.


Come on out and take your whooping like a man!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Wind had a decent part. So did play calling.  So did his first half decision making. 3 times he could of easily thrown for a first down and instead threw the ball deep

 

You have to give it to Baltimore's defense.. they are the real deal

 

They are (and along with the Colts are the 2 best defenses they'll face in the playoffs) but the wind was a clear detriment to the Bills' passing game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

He’s a very good young player.


He’s got flaws, (like most young players) but he’s a top 10 QB in this league and is under 25 years of age.

 

Yes, but consider how the Ravens are using him. Are they putting him through the QB gauntlet like the Bills did with Allen the first two years?

 

No. They paired him with Greg Roman, who's going to coddle him with a dynamic running scheme, just like he did with Kaepernick and Tyrod.

 

So, even though he's 25 and putting up great numbers, he's not going to take that next step towards becoming an elite QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doc said:

 

They are (and along with the Colts are the 2 best defenses they'll face in the playoffs) but the wind was a clear detriment to the Bills' passing game.

Right.. So the clear answer is.. stop throwing deep balls.  at least at the pace they were first half. other then that I 100% agree

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Right.. So the clear answer is.. stop throwing deep balls.  at least at the pace they were first half. other then that I 100% agree

 

Can't argue with that.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LeGOATski said:

Yes, but consider how the Ravens are using him. Are they putting him through the QB gauntlet like the Bills did with Allen the first two years?

 

No. They paired him with Greg Roman, who's going to coddle him with a dynamic running scheme, just like he did with Kaepernick and Tyrod.

 

So, even though he's 25 and putting up great numbers, he's not going to take that next step towards becoming an elite QB.

I am not even saying Lamar is an elite QB, but the hate on him is surreal to me.

 

He is inarguably a top 10 QB and is under 25 years of age, and has won an MVP, like give the kid a break bud...

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He didn’t play well, but my god his center was a disaster. Got him injured too.

 

Center has been a problem for the Ravens all season.  Their starter, Matt Skura, got benched in Nov. after struggling with the snap.  Obviously Mekari has had his own adventures.

 

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

I'm not trying to dump on him. I'm just saying it is looking more and more like his style cannot carry you further than a participation trophy in the playoffs. Elite athleticism only gets you so far. Eventually you have to sit back and read the field and beat the coverage with your throw. He can't do it.

 

You aren't, some others are.  I agree overall that right now, the Ravens passing game is limited and represents a gap in their other teams can exploit

 

19 minutes ago, H2o said:

Jackson is a quality young man, who is an amazing athlete, and enjoyed a lot of success. He's still only 24. He's going to have to get better reading defenses and as a QB in general though before he will go any further. You shut him down running and he crumbles. It's been this way for years now. I actually think Roman may be more of a hindrance in the long run if they want to actually develop Lamar

 

It was commented when Roman was with the Bills, by some former QBs (not sure who, but I seem to remember more than one), that there were design limitations to Roman's passing game and that what was going on with the QB didn't always match what was going on downfield.  I think this is a reasonable question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, H2o said:

Jackson is a quality young man, who is an amazing athlete, and enjoyed a lot of success. He's still only 24. He's going to have to get better reading defenses and as a QB in general though before he will go any further. You shut him down running and he crumbles. It's been this way for years now. I actually think Roman may be more of a hindrance in the long run if they want to actually develop Lamar. 

Interesting point.

Here's my contrarian take on tonight's game (not on Lamar's development in general): Roman blew it by abandoning what works for the Ravens.

First 3 plays of the game:

 

1st & 10 at BAL 25

(15:00 - 1st) (Shotgun) G.Edwards up the middle to BLT 37 for 12 yards (J.Poyer).

1st & 10 at BAL 37

(14:17 - 1st) (Shotgun) G.Edwards left tackle to BLT 47 for 10 yards (T.White).

1st & 10 at BAL 47

(13:39 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Dobbins up the middle to BUF 44 for 9 yards (L.Wallace; T.Edmunds).

 

3 runs between the tackles, basically 3 first downs.

Next run goes outside, playing into the Bills' strength.

And then come the unnecessary passes.

With the wind tonight and given that the Bills' defensive weakness is stopping the power running game, it boggles the mind that they didn't stick with what was working, and with what had proven to work against the Bills defense this year.

Roman seems to want to show that he (and Lamar) can win by running a modern 2020s offense, so he got away from their strength. In bad weather like this, there's every chance that if the Ravens just stick with the run and avoid mistakes (granted, nothing much you can do about a center who can't snap the ball straight) this game is tied in the 4th quarter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Lamar Jackson needs his own Brian Daboll in order to ascend to the next level

 

Jordan Palmer at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...