Week 2 Bills @ Dolphins Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Obviously I missed much of the game, but her is what I have:

1) I predicted romp wins ths week and last. Both games were much closer than I thought they would be. You know what this means? Not a damn thing! We are 2-0 vs. divisional opponents. Let this sink in.

2) Josh Allen is everything I hoped for and more. We can do it all with this kid if he stays healthy.

3) I am going to pay a lot more attention to Quinton Spain? Why? Because he looked like a monster today!!! He was looking for more contact after kicking ass. If he keeps it up, the possibilities are virtually endless for this offense.

4) Leave Daboll alone lol. I LOVED the way he managed the first half. Running the football successfully was absolutely crucial in winning this football game.

5) We are 2-0. I am not afraid of any team at this point. We have deserved to feel like this for many years. Let's keep it going!!!!

6) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spain was throwing pancakes.  But he did get pulled for Bates at the end of the game, perhaps just rotating.

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously, the offense was explosive.  The running game could stand to improve, but you can't ask anything more of Josh Allen and the receivers than they're putting out now.  The defense had some issues today.  I think the fact that Edmunds and Milano were missing probably hurt them both in run defense and in passes targeting the tight end.  That's what I hope at least.  Also Fitzpatrick has always been a streaky QB and he can get hot.  The thing is, the Rams will come to Buffalo with an explosive offense next weekend.  Hopefully Edmunds and Milano will be back, but they do need to tighten things up a lot.

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

Knew it would be close with this LB crew, but did not expect Josh to completely go off like that. Gesicki doesn't do that with Milano and Edmunds, I'm not worried at all. 2-0 and a legit MVP candidate!

To be fair Gesicki was balling last time we played the fins, too. Was Milano in that game? I can't recall.

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Can we ever get past this 3rd QTR issue that the Bills seem to have an have had it since McD and Daboll got together. 

I see the same trend as well.  What the hell happens at halftime where they seem to sleepwalk through the 3rd Qtr?  I don’t know if it’s an adjustment thing or a halftime routine thing.  Something has to change though....just make sure we don’t impact the W at the end!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29931406/bills-qb-josh-allen-posts-career-highs-second-straight-week

Worth repeating 

In the process, Allen became both the first Bills player to throw for 400 yards and four touchdowns in a single game without an interception, and also the first Bills player to throw for 300 yards, at least two scores and zero interceptions, in consecutive games, according to ESPN Stats and Information.

He also joined Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes as the only quarterbacks in NFL history to throw for at least 700 yards and six touchdowns without an interception in the first two weeks of a season, according to Pro Football 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Can we ever get past this 3rd QTR issue that the Bills seem to have an have had it since McD and Daboll got together. 

I've never seen a team that scores on every drive. If we have one bad quarter but 3 we kick azz, I'll take it.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not going to make a habit of this, but these are the Robert Hunter lyrics that come to mind and inspire me after 2 divisional wins. We deserve this SO much!!!

I have spent my life
Seeking all that's still unsung
Bent my ear, to hear the tune
And closed my eyes to see

When there were no strings to play
You played to me

In the book of love's own dreams
Where all the print is blood
Where all the pages are my days
And all my lights grow old

When I had no wings to fly
You flew to me
You flew to me

Let's win a Super Bowl!!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Fitz had a really good game today, too. It wasn't rocket science to know where to attack us, but attack the middle of the field, he did. Oddly, as weak as we were there, and as that is Fitz's wheelhouse, it made sense for us to press his receivers, pressure him on the outside, and force him to make those quick throws. Our backfield was able to stay closer to the LOS, and reasonably contain the middle of the field, and cover for our weakness at LB. I am certain that if Milano, and Edmunds had been healthy, this would have been a blowout.

• Like (+1) 1