Robert Woods - Better off w/out or Does He Compliment?

43 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I don’t think you can compare woods with Beasley, since woods is more of an outside receiver now.

Comparing woods to John Brown, I’d be happy with either guy. 

This was my thought, too. Beasley was the only one I could consider swapping for R. Woods, but I think Beasley is a better "Edelman" type receiver that we still need supporting Brown/Diggs. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

His best year here came with Orton as QB.  Roman's system isn't WR friendly.  It's not a surprise he took off in McVay's system.

"...the horror of it...."

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

He's a WR2, but I like Brown much more. He isn't the type of slot we need and have right now so he'd be WR4 over Gabe Davis. Is Robert Woods better than Bease? Yes. Does he offer a lot of the same things other WRs have? Yes. Hence, my preference of Beasley since he offers a different look.

Woods was when with Bills one of the best blocking WRs in the game.  For a while Bills would hire those type of players.  He also would play thru injuries other players woundn't.  It current environment that is very valuable. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Woods had skates on when he was here.  He literally fell down almost every time he caught the ball.  He seems to have gotten better cleats and his game has really come on.

You mean Woods had to dive for every ball that was thrown his way....jeez

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

He's a WR2, but I like Brown much more. He isn't the type of slot we need and have right now so he'd be WR4 over Gabe Davis. Is Robert Woods better than Bease? Yes. Does he offer a lot of the same things other WRs have? Yes. Hence, my preference of Beasley since he offers a different look.

The way Allen runs having Woods blocking would have him in the end zone even more.  Woods is a beast. And he’s a damn good, tough WR too.  I’d put him right in the slot and feel good about life.

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Woods > Beasley all day 

You can't switch them, though. Woods isn't a slot guy.

IMO, Woods is a better wideout and Beasley a better slot.

Woods is really good. Beane made it publicly very clear afterwards that he wanted to keep Woods but the cap problems made it impossible.

If he were here, he'd be competing against John Brown, and I think Brown, as a serious speed guy, is a better complement for Diggs

Edited by Thurman#1

Woods gave his all here and he was fun to watch. I'll always remember his run blocking and that play he took out two defenders to allow a big run.

But man, he's been gone a long time. Time to move on.

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Woods had skates on when he was here.  He literally fell down almost every time he caught the ball.  He seems to have gotten better cleats and his game has really come on.

Thank You!  Its like people forget this...I can not remember a receiver in my lifetime who had worse feet here than him.  Seemed like he was always on the ground.  Kudos to him in LA, he is a very good WR, but when he was a FA here there was not a lot to be excited about with him.  He had many chances to step up when Sammy was out, but rarely made an impact.  But it was his tendency to hit the ground that drove me the most nuts.  I would have been fine keeping him then, but not at the price he was gonna get from Rams.  

Today, he's developed into a good WR for the Rams.  I like the Rams too as my second team, so like seeing him do well.  But, for this team, I much prefer the combo of Diggs and Brown.  Diggs is elite, and Brown is pretty damn good himself, but most importantly, Brown and Allen have great chemistry.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thank You!  Its like people forget this...I can not remember a receiver in my lifetime who had worse feet here than him.  Seemed like he was always on the ground.  Kudos to him in LA, he is a very good WR, but when he was a FA here there was not a lot to be excited about with him.  He had many chances to step up when Sammy was out, but rarely made an impact.  But it was his tendency to hit the ground that drove me the most nuts.  I would have been fine keeping him then, but not at the price he was gonna get from Rams.  

Today, he's developed into a good WR for the Rams.  I like the Rams too as my second team, so like seeing him do well.  But, for this team, I much prefer the combo of Diggs and Brown.  Diggs is elite, and Brown is pretty damn good himself, but most importantly, Brown and Allen have great chemistry.  

You are overlooking the fact that while in Buffalo, Woods played with mostly terrible QB's.  If he fell to the ground a lot, it was likely due to the amount of effort he had to put in to catching mostly uncatchable passes.  Woods was one of the best Bills of the drought era Bills.  

Love Robert Woods. He's an EXCELLENT receiver, and a total McDermott "Process" kind of guy.

Unfortunately, he was just in Buffalo at the wrong time. When his contract ran up, he couldn't wait to get out of here, and who could blame him?

Honestly, I don't know that anything would have kept him here. He's a big LA guy, and he seemed dead set on returning to the west coast.

Diggs, Brown, Woods would be a nasty trio. Nothing against Beasley, who's awesome, but....Bob Woods is a beast.

I don’t know who the OP asks who’s better off with/without Woods, but WE’RE better off without him. He was one of our best players when he was on his rookie contract, but he hated being in Buffalo and seemed to always be complaining. 

I wish he worked out. He just wouldn’t let it. No love lost here.

I have no opinion of him now except I wanna whoop his team.

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That’s because the field was frozen.