stevestojan

No excuse for Bass

On 9/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agreed.  It sucks because it seems like a terrible way to build up confidence for a young guy but I guess that’s the job.

i can’t believe how bad Steven Gostowski is now.  He was like one of the best ever and he is awful.  

such a crazy, important job. 

I wonder Hauschka's workout with the Titans a few weeks ago didn't go so well, or if this is a case of Vrabel giving his old teammate another chance. I was certain that SH would have been signed by the Titans on Tuesday.

Young man did ok today.

Also, give him a shout out for his KO's (10 TBs and only 2 returns for an average of 16 yards).

Keep working.

• Like (+1) 2

As I have stated I was hoping they would go with 2 kickers, That said he has been great on kickoffs.
With no preseason the fact that we are scoring mostly TDs gives Bass a  chance to get his starting NFL experience kicking XPs.
Hopefully, when the time comes to kick some pressure FGs he'll be past his NFL indoctrination stage.

I never watch XP's but happened to see one today and noticed he was kicking from the left hash.

Has he been doing that all year or did they have him mover over after he'd already scraped all the paint off the right goalpost?

On 9/20/2020 at 10:09 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Young man did ok today.

Also, give him a shout out for his KO's (10 TBs and only 2 returns for an average of 16 yards).

Keep working.

83% is 6th in the league

12 for 12 on PATs

3.5 for 5 on FGs

Obviously the jury is out until he has some kicks that really matter, but I think we're past the immediate hysteria.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

83% is 6th in the league

12 for 12 on PATs

3.5 for 5 on FGs

Obviously the jury is out until he has some kicks that really matter, but I think we're past the immediate hysteria.

Maybe for most of us but there will be some that will never give up their hysteria!

• Like (+1) 1

Hauschka is 0-2 today for the Jags. Missed from 24 wide and 49 short, in a dome. Anybody still want to argue that he should have been kept?

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Hauschka is 0-2 today for the Jags. Missed from 24 wide and 49 short, in a dime. Anybody still want to argue that he should have been kept?

He was short on a 49 yard kick?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

He was short on a 49 yard kick?

Yes and Marrone had several 4th downs inside 30 yards and went for them

Hauschka is getting cut tonight

Only 2 kickers in the NFL haven't missed a kick yet. Most kickers have missed at least 2. Bass is doing just fine, good to go back to these overreactions.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes and Marrone had several 4th downs inside 30 yards and went for them

Hauschka is getting cut tonight

How do you kick short on a 49 yarder?  His leg is still stronger than yours though.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:53 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe for most of us but there will be some that will never give up their hysteria!

Won't somebody think of the CHILDREN!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

On Friday's Locked On Bills podcast, Joe Marino talked about Corey B and how his struggles with holding were at fault for 2 of Tyler Bass' missed FGs (one vs the Jets and the other last week vs Vegas). The laces were either facing in or right on both kicks. Joe spoke to a former NFL kicker who said that he immediately identified the direction of the missed kicks (wide right) based on the holds and said that quality NFL holders only mess up with a laces-in hold once in every 4-5 games.

Interesting to consider that Bass has missed three FGs I believe, two were on bad holds and the other was possibly an incorrect call. 

I preached patience after Week 1 (also thought the poor/windy conditions were a factor that day) and after seeing Haushka implode today, I still think we made the right call a few weeks in. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

So we like Bass again?  I am just trying to keep up

have you ever disliked a bill?